Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 10:44 PM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Man, I'm slow. STG comes up with 2 in the time it takes me to post one.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:52 PM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts

These are nice cars, guys. Thank you. Keep them coming!
Old 04-26-2016, 10:54 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

You know who you are
Old 04-26-2016, 10:56 PM
STG
Race Director

Selo, 3 great leads. What do you think??

We'll find you a car buddy!!

The gal pal awaits having her hair flowing in the wind.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:09 PM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Well, these are really pretty cars. But I have to say, I'm going to be a pretty tough customer. I like interesting colors - the blue with blue top is neat- but I have a difficult time spending these kinds of bucks without a leather interior. I find the standard interior to be a bit chincy (no offense to anyone, to each his own!) in a car like this. If I'm going to trade a GT4 and or a Shelby coupe, even though I miss my 'vert, it's going to have to be a special vehicle.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:10 PM
r00t61
Pro

Received 245 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Selo
What happened to the image of a sporting young lad in a Porsche convertible, motoring on a beautiful day, rowing thru the gears on a nice twisty, with a gleeful and giggling gal pal in the passenger seat?
In this day and age, thinking that a girl is attractive is probably grounds for sexual harassment. If you then actually tried to take said girl for a ride in your 911, this would be deemed an act of oppression by the misogynistic hetero-patriarchy, and you would be bombarded by twitter hastags like #ineedfeminismbecausemenmakemesitinthepassengerseatoftheircars.

But in all seriousness, here's another one: a regular C2 Cab, nicely optioned, CPO, low miles, 1 owner. $82K.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...6238/overview/

Old 04-26-2016, 11:18 PM
STG
Race Director

Well, these are really pretty cars. But I have to say, I'm going to be a pretty tough customer. I like interesting colors - the blue with blue top is neat- but I have a difficult time spending these kinds of bucks without a leather interior. I find the standard interior to be a bit chincy (no offense to anyone, to each his own!) in a car like this. If I'm going to trade a GT4 and or a Shelby coupe, even though I miss my 'vert, it's going to have to be a special vehicle.
Selo,

We give you the tools here. Keep your radar spread wide. Your challenge, will be the manual in a cab with the options you want. They're out there, but not as plentiful.

Keep the search up!
Old 04-26-2016, 11:20 PM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Yes, this is a nice one. I need to think on this. What about the "deal" aspect of this car? Am I missing something, or does the car lack Sport Chrono package? If this is the case, kind of a fatal flaw IMO.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:20 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by r00t61
In this day and age, thinking that a girl is attractive is probably grounds for sexual harassment. If you then actually tried to take said girl for a ride in your 911, this would be deemed an act of oppression by the misogynistic hetero-patriarchy, and you would be bombarded by twitter hastags like #ineedfeminismbecausemenmakemesitinthepassengerseatoftheircars.

Hilarious!!

In all seriousness, 911's attract dudes more than girls
Old 04-26-2016, 11:39 PM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds like you need a 981 Spyder?
Old 04-26-2016, 11:50 PM
Selo
Rennlist Member

A Spyder or a new 718 Boxster would be nice, I think, but it's the family thing......with a backseat, I can get more time behind the wheel.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:51 PM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Well, these are really pretty cars. But I have to say, I'm going to be a pretty tough customer. I like interesting colors - the blue with blue top is neat- but I have a difficult time spending these kinds of bucks without a leather interior.
My own tastes run the same way. I overpaid for a 4S cab because I really, really wanted the Amaranth Red Metallic, and wasn't willing to walk away and purchase one of the available cars in a less interesting color. Although my wife shares the blame here too - I was getting up to walk when she blurted "how about $92k?"

The leather is substantially nicer than the standard interior. Most cars do tend to come in leather, so it should be findable. However, when push comes to shove, if you can't find leather and you can find a car that's otherwise what you want with a standard interior, you have to ask yourself if it's worth the price premium for ordering new. Because that can easily run $30K-$40K.

I like the Sport Chrono package, but I have to question it being a deal breaker on a manual transmission car. You're basically getting the G sensors, which are cool but don't affect how the car drives, a slightly more responsive throttle, and a very slight improvement from the dynamic engine mounts. Very slight, almost certainly less than the difference between a coupe and a convertible.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:52 PM
dgoldenz
Burning Brakes

Received 400 Likes on 209 Posts

My experience with Carmax earlier this month was great. The car I found was located in Cincinnati (I'm in Las Vegas) and it was $849 to transfer it to my local Carmax, which is far less than I would spend getting a private transport company, and probably less than the cost to fly in, pick it up, and drive home when factoring in gas and hotels. The car arrived in about two weeks and I had a PPI done at the local indy shop a couple days after pickup, they said the car was perfect and looked like it had never seen a track even though the previous owner loaded it with performance options. He basically built a GTS before the GTS was available.

My previous car was an E92 M3 with DCT so moving from a V8 with DCT to a flat 6 with manual is a bit of an adjustment, the handling of the 911 is just incredible (car has PDCC). I had a race exhaust on the M3 which was incredibly loud so if I keep the car I'm gonna have to put another exhaust on because the PSE is nice but just isn't cutting it for me. Interesting to me how much louder the Cayman GTS I drove sounds compared to the 911S with PSE. I haven't heard a GT4 or GT3 in person but I'm sure they are also quite a bit louder than the 911S with PSE.

For practical purposes, the PDK would have been a lot more convenient in day to day driving so I'm either going to have to buy a second car to go with the 911, or sell it and pick up a PDK car (or both). I really thought the PDK was incredible on the ones I test drove and do miss the convenience of the dual clutch for getting around town in traffic. I know I can get a good bit more than I paid for it so it's tempting to sell it and pick up something like a used Cayenne GTS and then start my search for a 991/981 all over again. What to do...
Old 04-27-2016, 12:11 AM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Just as a follow up to the "base" 991.1 7MT cars:

I was offered $62,700 for a 2013 base ($98k build) with 16k miles, CPO, 2013 model, in flawless condition. It also had the big service done.

While that might not be the "deal of the century", it definitely seems reasonable.

It seems like that red Park Place car is right there too, no CPO, but $3k cheaper.
Old 04-27-2016, 12:25 AM
beaverlake
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Holy Yellow Calipers Batman - I missed the SBM coupe posted above! What a perfect build (IMHO). If I wasn't a diehard cab guy with a new, new-to-me C4s this car could be the tipping point to go coupe! What a great find - thanks for posting!!!

gordon

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991