Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 02:29 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Vise

or pondering what sort of possible referral bonus/incentive you're getting for your efforts.

Seriously, don't you have anything better to do than start drama? What are you offering anyone here? ZERO

PLEASE find ONE person or DEALER that I've ever received any bonus/incentive or whatever for my help. Please, find one and case will be closed. Ask the dozens of people I've answered questions and helped out. What have you done?

If I was shilling for anyone, I'd be posting any garbage to sell whatever. Maybe I can make $$ off Beanie Babies? Frankly, I do well with my real job. Don't need any extra income off a forum

If you have anything else to discuss, please PM your phone # or whatever. I'd rather not have a forum hissy fit. It's a disservice to everyone here.
Old 04-21-2016, 03:05 PM
911seeker
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RoWa
Yes, CPO'ed through 2019; found on Autotrader; Mark at South Shore Porsche is great to work with.

This has a single prior owner (local MD) who buys new every 2 years. This is his 6th car from Mark. This was prior owner's DD and so has some miles on the clock and a few bodywork imperfections, notably on the driver's door It's in the bodyshop now having that seen to; also had rear brakes, rotors and tires replaced (although has not been tracked). I'm in CA, so doing this remotely and keeping my fingers firmly crossed that she'll look as good in the flesh as she does in the photos.

I've been lurking here for a while. Thanks to all of you for making this a great thread; really useful for people less knowledgeable to get up to speed on what to look for and how much is reasonable to pay.

Hope she is all you want her to be!
Old 04-21-2016, 03:23 PM
STG
Race Director

2015 Carrera C2S with Sport Design front bumper and great options. Under 5K miles and CPO! Sharp package.

Oh yeah, if I help sell this car, I get a free Porsche pen Please buy it

http://www.reevesimportmotorcars.com...f0000e56a10%2F
Old 04-21-2016, 03:56 PM
STG
Race Director

Another "Bad Badge Botch Job". Sometimes you have to wonder as with other things in life What were they thinking

Old 04-21-2016, 03:57 PM
STG
Race Director

This one might have a tough time selling

Old 04-21-2016, 04:20 PM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
Another "Bad Badge Botch Job". Sometimes you have to wonder as with other things in life What were they thinking
I was seriously thinking about buying that one, actually. Then my wife convinced me we should get a cabriolet. She's got a thing for convertibles.

The badge thing is fixable. The black, white and red monstrosity, well.. that's definitely a re-spray, so re-painting it isn't going to hurt the resale value more than the damage that's already done. Unless it's a wrap? Tell me it's a wrap.
Old 04-21-2016, 04:23 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Gus_Smedstad
I was seriously thinking about buying that one, actually. Then my wife convinced me we should get a cabriolet. She's got a thing for convertibles.

The badge thing is fixable. The black, white and red monstrosity, well.. that's definitely a re-spray, so re-painting it isn't going to hurt the resale value more than the damage that's already done. Unless it's a wrap? Tell me it's a wrap.
Yes wrap 99.9% sure. The wheels, painted/powder coated.

The badge job, yes, fixable. It's the point of it

We have a running "Bad Badge Job" thing going. We've seen quite a few!
Old 04-21-2016, 05:21 PM
VINK
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For every person you're helping via a repost of Cars.com or Autotrader or shilling for a Porsche dealership I'm positive there are others wondering why they are getting yelled at/talked down to for discussing a 991.2 or pondering what sort of possible referral bonus/incentive you're getting for your efforts.
C'mon Vise! You could do better than that
Old 04-21-2016, 09:04 PM
gurneyeagle
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Damn looks like I got Trump'd. I'll see myself out the door, I've clearly been schooled by our self-nominated admin.

FYI I never said this thread wasn't useful so you can chill out with your ridiculous childish tantrums. This is clearly a great thread and has been immensely helpful for many. That said this is also an internet forum and you're drunk with power over the page views and thread rank. It is all just a bit silly especially when you start making decrees over what shall and shall not be in a thread. '991.1 or DIE'? For real? Step back from the keyboard every so often and stop taking it so seriously. Drive your car. Hug a loved one. Enjoy life!

Can't wait to see what happens when a 991.2 deal gets posted in here! Should be good times.
Sorry, the only one being childish is you. Obviously you don't want to be bothered to start your own 991.2 thread, but instead chose to troll one of the most popular threads on the forum for no reason.

Why is it that people can't leave a good thing alone?

I'd expect this type of trivial and selfish behavior in a Corvette forum, but not here. If you want, I'll be happy to provide a link. From the tone of your responses, it sounds like your a member there already.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:22 PM
Michael Russell
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Can someone point me to the post that shows how to pull up the build sheet?

Thanks!
Michael
Old 04-21-2016, 10:39 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 331 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Russell
Can someone point me to the post that shows how to pull up the build sheet?

Thanks!
Michael
Just add =VIN (where VIN is the one for the vehicle you are looking for) to the end of this link and let it rip....

https://admin.porschedealer.com/repo.../print.php?vin
Old 04-21-2016, 10:52 PM
Michael Russell
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Aspir8
Just add =VIN (where VIN is the one for the vehicle you are looking for) to the end of this link and let it rip....

https://admin.porschedealer.com/repo.../print.php?vin
Awesome, thanks!
Michael
Old 04-21-2016, 11:26 PM
dd356
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by gurneyeagle
Sorry, the only one being childish is you. Obviously you don't want to be bothered to start your own 991.2 thread, but instead chose to troll one of the most popular threads on the forum for no reason.

Why is it that people can't leave a good thing alone?

I'd expect this type of trivial and selfish behavior in a Corvette forum, but not here. If you want, I'll be happy to provide a link. From the tone of your responses, it sounds like your a member there already.
Guys, you might be taking this business a little to seriously. Having been the poster who made the cardinal sin of mentioning two beautiful miami blue 17's i saw available i fully retract that ludicrous post. However, as someone who owns many cars, and has driven most all of the high performance stuff, a 991.1 or 991.2 are still all 991's. Lighten up, it's certainly not the first non 991.1 topic that's popped up on this thread. Lord knows there are many of these available if you want one, so don't sweat little things like this. They are only a cars.com search away.
Old 04-21-2016, 11:45 PM
STG
Race Director

It's amazing that people who have no interest in this thread can't stay away from it! Does it have some magical powers pulling you in? Enough already.

Can the guys who are legitimately looking for info and answers on used cars participate in peace here??

If someone has a bright idea about something go start a thread. It's EASY. It's like we have a segment of professional hecklers that really offer nothing to the forum here other than nonsense.

It's amazing how a few instigator forum members like oalvarez and Vise can ruin a good thing here!

Can we just move on please?

We're going to take a small breather here and continue when the drama subsides.

Last edited by STG; 04-25-2016 at 09:10 AM.
Old 04-22-2016, 11:43 AM
STG
Race Director

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991