Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2024, 02:00 PM
UH2
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by RP4S911
Picture is not the car. Build sheet doesn't match.
I hate when dealerships do this...but yeah it's readily apparent this isn't the same car.

Which is either "It's so new, this is just our default temporary picture" ...which is BS.

Or it's "We'd rather not post a pic and prefer to have people come look at it in person"
If I'm selling any car, let alone a higher end name brand, I'd at least have all my ducks in a row before the ad goes nationwide. At a minimum, just to cut down on the callers asking about why the picture doesn't match the build every day.
Old 06-06-2024, 02:08 PM
UH2
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Joseesq
It was even sold as a CPO back on 12/10/22 so unless something happened between December 2022 and now

I picked up my 2015 GTS last month for more money so I know from first hand experience this is a great deal barring any drama.By the way, I just called the dealership and they said the price is now $79k!
That's 18 months. A lot can happen to a car's external and internal bits in that time frame. I bought a 2016 Macan Turbo CPO out of state without seeing it in person because I thought..hell, it's a CPO! It's gotta be in great shape! NOPE. It had the all too familiar oil "seepage" issue and they didn't note that of course. It was missing a spare tire! How did I find out? A hunk of broken concrete tore my brand new wheel into shreds and as I was in the parking lot of an Ohio mall in the middle of winter trying to change the tire, I realized it wasn't there. The back saddle area and top of the rear bumper looked like someone used it to haul lumber back and forth from Home Depot every weekend. Deep scratches everywhere. Off course they didn't show those angles in the car listing. Porsche CPO quality is not consistent.

I hope someone gets a screaming deal...but I'd have to believe a BMW dealership knows how to research and price any brand of car. If they don't know how to price it, they don't know how to sell cars.

Last edited by UH2; 06-06-2024 at 03:16 PM.
Old 06-06-2024, 02:37 PM
burgerdog
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Seems way too good to be true. Would be insane if the car is in good/great shape at that price.
Old 06-06-2024, 03:19 PM
Joseesq
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UH2
That's 18 months. A lot can happen to a car's external and internal bits in that time frame. I bought a 2016 Macan Turbo CPO out of state without seeing it in person because I thought..hell, it's a CPO! It's gotta be in great shape! NOPE. It had the all too familiar oil "seepage" issue and they didn't note that of course. It was missing a spare tire! How did I find out? A hunk of broken concrete tore my brand new wheel into shreds and as I was in the parking lot of an Ohio mall in the middle of winter trying to change the tire, I realized it wasn't there. The back saddle area and top of the rear bumper looked like someone used it to haul lumber back and forth from Home Depot every weekend. Deep scratches everywhere. Off course they didn't show those angles in the car listing. Porsche CPO quality is not consistent.

I hope someone gets a screaming deal...but I'd have to believe a BMW dealership knows how to research and price any brand of car. If they don't know how to price it, they don't know how to sell cars.
Originally Posted by burgerdog
Seems way too good to be true. Would be insane if the car is in good/great shape at that price.
When I called the BMW dealership today the salesman said that they just got the car in this morning so no pictures on their website. I asked him to send me pictures to my cell phone, which he has not yet done. After that he asked what was the price listed on the website. I said $75k and then he said it was wrong and it should be $79k; however, he said it is still the lowest price GTS in the nation. We will see if this is legit or not.
Old 06-06-2024, 03:28 PM
cclcal
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

just spoke w salesman, 75700 is what they took it in for, selling price is 79991. He said it was error by service department.
Old 06-06-2024, 03:30 PM
Joseesq
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cclcal
just spoke w salesman, 75700 is what they took it in for, selling price is 79991. He said it was error by service department.
Interesting that he would disclose the purchase price. Did he provide you with any more information about the condition of the vehicle or pictures?
Old 06-06-2024, 04:00 PM
cclcal
Instructor

i asked about the tires and he said they appear to have lots of tread left. he sent me photos to my phone. looks nice, a little dirty.
I doubt they paid 75700
Old 06-06-2024, 04:09 PM
Acropora8
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Joseesq
Interesting that he would disclose the purchase price. Did he provide you with any more information about the condition of the vehicle or pictures?
Sales tactic. No way they paid that for it.
Old 06-06-2024, 04:25 PM
cclcal
Instructor

yeah i concur, i just told my buddy they prob paid 65700. He said we have over 10 inquires, thats prob why the price is now 79991.

he said something to the effect 75700 is what we paid and the service dept made an error, it auto-corrected...??? "still the lowest priced GTS in the nation". "My general manager is a Porsche fanatic"
whatevers...i just told him i would call back if i had other questions.

Last edited by cclcal; 06-06-2024 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Pics
Old 06-06-2024, 08:05 PM
Joseesq
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cclcal
yeah i concur, i just told my buddy they prob paid 65700. He said we have over 10 inquires, thats prob why the price is now 79991.

he said something to the effect 75700 is what we paid and the service dept made an error, it auto-corrected...??? "still the lowest priced GTS in the nation". "My general manager is a Porsche fanatic"
whatevers...i just told him i would call back if i had other questions.

Well the picture lines up with the build sheet and it looks cosmetically clean. If you are a potential buyer, then I would still get a PPI and demand that BMW honor its published price of $75,700, which is still what it says on its website as of 4:05 pm PST on June 6, 2024.
Old 06-06-2024, 10:22 PM
Joseesq
Rennlist Member

BMW of Camarillo. IMHO a smoking deal for the last NA 991.1 GTS. SOLD. Looks like someone got a great deal! Hopefully. Rennlister who can post the sale details.
Old 06-12-2024, 02:30 PM
stan23
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxBlack

Seems like a very aggressive price on a 2018 S. https://www.truecar.com/used-cars-fo...ampaign_821208
I looked at this car since they were not too far from me. Bumper and whole left side of the car has been repainted - and not in the best quality. you can see drip marks, and overspray. The tires are bald, and at full lock (u turns) there is a weird noise that sounds/feels worse than the standard ackerman effect.

If you can deal with these, it drove pretty well, and I actually like the cloth insert seats.
Old 06-12-2024, 03:05 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,085 Likes on 590 Posts

If it isn't sold I would post the VIN to this thread so the buyer knows about the issues. The dealer won't give it up. Esp the repaint.
Old 06-12-2024, 03:18 PM
RP4S911
Pro

Received 579 Likes on 292 Posts

Against popular opinion, CPO is utter BS. What they do is (if it qualifies by year and miles) they'll slap a CPO on it. That does two things, increases the sales profit with zero investment, and repair that won't fail inspection or leave a puddle on the ground they will NOT fix. By doing this they increase their net profits front end because the dealer itself doesn't incur those pre-delivery expenses, the CPO is actually aftermarket through the brand so those same repairs that should have been made (as an expense) will now be paid to the dealer later on when the customer complains (as a profit) ...and the customer ignorant to it all looks at it as a GREAT THING they paid extra for a car with CPO because the first problems they never had to pay for. Its a win-win for the dealer, and the customer believes he got his money worth and praises CPO forever. This was the practice at my local Mercedes, VW, and Audi dealer we did business with.

Even as a dealer, we would send someone to PPI a CPO in person when they were listed wholesale... and they were not so great every time.
CPO or not, get a PPI and you'll see. Even an Acura I bought from the AD was CPO with 3k miles and showed their pretty CPO sheet. Turned out it was frame damaged by a customer, rocker replaced, bottom of the car painted, all at their own facility. Carfax was good, and they KNEW all of that because they did the work themselves at their Honda shop. Needless to say, when I found out, they regretted their shady business practices. When it was all said and done I got all my money back and got to keep the car. Beware out there.

Last edited by RP4S911; 06-12-2024 at 03:22 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by RP4S911:
jeeves1 (06-12-2024), mwjackson92 (06-13-2024), UH2 (06-12-2024)
Old 06-12-2024, 03:41 PM
rugu6869
Burning Brakes

Received 461 Likes on 298 Posts

Been thinking about moving on from my 991.2 if anyone is interested. I haven't posted anything in the FS threads yet.
Details:
MSRP $110,005
2017 C2, second owner and former CPO.
32,600 miles, 7-speed manual
Options:
N0 Agate Grey Metallic
176 Sport Exhaust System
433 20" Carrera Wheels
457 Lane Change Assist
653 Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof in Glass
9VL BOSE Surround Sound System
AG Standard Black Interior
P06 Power Sport Seats (14-way) with Memory Package
P3E Premium Package Plus i.c.w. Power Sport Seats (14-way)
QR5 Sport Chrono Package
XFR Instrument Dials in Racing Yellow
XHH Gear Lever in Carbon Fiber

Mods:
Bilstein B16 Coil-overs (Bilstein makes the stock dampers and is plug and play for the adjustable suspension)
DSC Controller
AP Big Brake Kit (6-piston caliper front, 4-piston caliper rear)
Numeric Shifter, Numeric Cables, Numeric Pedals
Custom designed Litespeed Racing Forged Magnesium Wheels (20x9 front, 20x11.5 rear)
Michelin PS4S (255/35 front, 315/30 rear) - no rubbing at all
Soul Performance Parts: Headers, Sport Cats, Sport Valved Muffler (will be released next week to the public)
Custom Soul Performance Exhaust Tips
Tial Intercoolers, Turbo Inlet Pipes, Throttle Body Manifold
APR tune, APR Diverter Valves
Changed all the trim to factory carbon fiber trim from the stock aluminum - was tired of being blinded in the sun
991.2 GT3 Alcantara Steering wheels with yellow stitching
991.2 GT3 Black Steering wheel trim
Matching Alcantara with yellow stitching shift boot
Function First **** ****
Factory Yellow Seat Belts front seats only
Custom designed Sport Chrono Gauge Face - Yellow Tartan
Rennline Aluminum Track Mats - I hate carpet floor mats for heel & toe
Blackmill Window Air Foils
Full front Xpel PPF - nose, hood, fenders, windshield frame, side mirrors (stripes are on top of PPF and easily removed)
Fully Ceramic Coated
Clear Side Markers
Black Washer Nozzles - I hate chrome
Removed the shutters for the front rads - more open GT look with the wire mesh (first pic still has them)

Yes, I have all stock parts. The car has never been tracked. I have a dedicated race car for that.
LMK if you're interested.
$100K

Last edited by rugu6869; 06-12-2024 at 03:44 PM.
The following users liked this post:
MaxBlack (06-12-2024)

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991