Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 02:38 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

To be fair, l've seen many sales and happy buyers in the Rennlist classifieds. It does happen. I agree, the PCA listings are pretty much a joke.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:42 PM
AHnNC
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by STG
Still can't get over them shutting down the build sheets and hiding the VIN#'s. VIN's can still be found on dealer sites and places like cars.com

Build sheets are only shown on the Porsche site though. Only for cars for sale at Porsche dealers though on the National Pre-Owned Site which sucks as well.

What a joke and a lot of hassle looking for cars.

Attachment 1292807Attachment 1292806

Little do they realize this is making life harder for their buyers and not good for marketing their cars. Speaking for myself, it's very un-motivating and requires a lot more work digging into listings.
Anytime we pull down a VIN build sheet from PCNA dealers we need to be sure and post the VIN and the build sheet so it is searchable by rennlisters. I was fortunate enough to buy mine earlier this year from an individual after a lengthy search and looking at hundreds of build sheets. It certainly is a shame that such a valuable resource for buying is no longer avaliable. Perhaps a separate thread to post build sheets to for the future.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:01 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by AHnNC
Anytime we pull down a VIN build sheet from PCNA dealers we need to be sure and post the VIN and the build sheet so it is searchable by rennlisters. I was fortunate enough to buy mine earlier this year from an individual after a lengthy search and looking at hundreds of build sheets. It certainly is a shame that such a valuable resource for buying is no longer avaliable. Perhaps a separate thread to post build sheets to for the future.

Look at the pics. Part of the # blocked out now. You would have to cross reference the car to the dealer site and get the VIN #. A lot of work for nothing really. A lot of these builds suck anyway. Would be worth the effort for a nice one. I've been preaching posting the VIN#'s forever for future reference.

At least VIN Analytics has ones that got ran in the past stored on their site. A little help, but not much.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:29 PM
AHnNC
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by STG
Look at the pics. Part of the # blocked out now. You would have to cross reference the car to the dealer site and get the VIN #. A lot of work for nothing really. A lot of these builds suck anyway. Would be worth the effort for a nice one. I've been preaching posting the VIN#'s forever for future reference.

At least VIN Analytics has ones that got ran in the past stored on their site. A little help, but not much.
My point being if you do go through the trouble, post it.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:38 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by AHnNC
My point being if you do go through the trouble, post it.

Agree!
Old 10-04-2018, 02:23 AM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Received 154 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
To be fair, l've seen many sales and happy buyers in the Rennlist classifieds. It does happen. I agree, the PCA listings are pretty much a joke.
The PCA asking prices are more or less insane. I have, however, sold 2 cars over there, both at asking price within a few days. Both cars had been posted here for WEEKS with little to no interest, outside of low-ball and below dealer wholesale offers on an already "priced to sell" car.

This thread about sums up my experiences trying to sell a car on Rennlist:

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...-mi-96k-2.html

That doesn't even mention the ridiculous "if only the car were closer" comments. Buy a damn plane ticket, schedule a PPI, and have someone here check it out for you!

Old 10-05-2018, 05:49 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 452 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by raidersfan
The PCA asking prices are more or less insane. I have, however, sold 2 cars over there, both at asking price within a few days. Both cars had been posted here for WEEKS with little to no interest, outside of low-ball and below dealer wholesale offers on an already "priced to sell" car.
This thread about sums up my experiences trying to sell a car on Rennlist:
https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...-mi-96k-2.html
That doesn't even mention the ridiculous "if only the car were closer" comments. Buy a damn plane ticket, schedule a PPI, and have someone here check it out for you!
There is an element of supposed buyers on Rennlist who think any price is too high and will publicly ridicule almost any asking price - even if it is a beautifully cared for garage queen, perfectly preserved and maintained. They will point to a for-sale Porsche that has been driven year - round to work and parked outside every day, with lesser options and substantially higher mileage, as setting the benchmark low price which should be met. Many Porsches on PCA.org are gems in the used Porsche spectrum.

So when i changed cars this year, i decided not to list here. It turns out a Porsche dealer who knew my 911 offered me my full asking price, which i knew was a high but fair price for my loaded CPO 2015 C2S with 9970 miles. It was a perfect car with very little sun exposure, and it was very seldom driven in rain . All he did was detail it and advertise it, and it sold and shipped almost immediately to a buyer 1500 miles away. There is high demand for really nice used 911`s. That's why many on PCA.org get sold at higher prices. PCA guys, if they aren't track rates, tend to keep really nice Porsches. Im a member of two good size regions, and have lived in 3 other regions during my 48 years owning Porsches, and would say that PCA members very typically take better care of their Porsches than others who just buy them as ritzy daily drivers. So they usually should be with more.
The following users liked this post:
GT3FZS (12-02-2019)
Old 10-05-2018, 09:50 PM
Dkk16
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by PCA1983
There is an element of supposed buyers on Rennlist who think any price is too high and will publicly ridicule almost any asking price - even if it is a beautifully cared for garage queen, perfectly preserved and maintained. They will point to a for-sale Porsche that has been driven year - round to work and parked outside every day, with lesser options and substantially higher mileage, as setting the benchmark low price which should be met. Many Porsches on PCA.org are gems in the used Porsche spectrum.

So when i changed cars this year, i decided not to list here. It turns out a Porsche dealer who knew my 911 offered me my full asking price, which i knew was a high but fair price for my loaded CPO 2015 C2S with 9970 miles. It was a perfect car with very little sun exposure, and it was very seldom driven in rain . All he did was detail it and advertise it, and it sold and shipped almost immediately to a buyer 1500 miles away. There is high demand for really nice used 911`s. That's why many on PCA.org get sold at higher prices. PCA guys, if they aren't track rates, tend to keep really nice Porsches. Im a member of two good size regions, and have lived in 3 other regions during my 48 years owning Porsches, and would say that PCA members very typically take better care of their Porsches than others who just buy them as ritzy daily drivers. So they usually should be with more.
you stated “there is a high demand for really nice used 911’s...”. Are you referencing 991’s?

Old 10-05-2018, 10:51 PM
guab
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by PCA1983

I agree -- I wish more people would value condition in the sense that they're willing to pay for it. Certainly rare it seems these days. I agree with your sentiment regarding PCA owners from what I have seen. I intentionally bought my latest P car (Spyder) with mileage (and CPO) though as I got a good deal on it and I intend to drive it. As such, while I did do my diligence and protect it (clear bra, opticoat etc) -- I don't plan on the car staying 'perfect.' I will do my best to keep it as best shape as possible. It was perfect outside for a very small 2" scrape on the bottom of the passenger side front bumper that was touched up, but nothing major and all panels passed a correct paint meter test.

That said, there are certainly examples of list prices on the PCA mag that are downright absurd, like 997.2's (TTS) for $130k with miles and not even a unique spec (market would be closer to $100k even, perhaps less -- but I think a well cared for car does justify a higher price). Taken care of or not, that's just so far away (~25-30%) from market it's not even funny -- especially when you see 991's advertised literally for less with the same mileage. I think they're outliers, but nonetheless, there you have it. Or like Spyder's with ~1000 miles asking $10-$15k over sticker and are not CPO and not PTS.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:46 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

... for me the ultimate PCA pie in the sky asking price was the $450,000 price for a 2013 S with 5XXX miles. Claims to be a club coupe limited to 13 cars worldwide (maybe because of the PTS color?) Is Brewster Green that exclusive?
Old 10-06-2018, 08:31 AM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

I think comparing the two is "apples to oranges". I agree that there are cars on the PCA website being sold by Porsche enthusiasts who take better care of their cars, keeping up with services, keeping the exterior and interior pristine, etc. But there are others who use the site to sell cars that are questionable or trying to flip. Bottom line, the PCA site isn't full of cars that are well maintained and pristine. I admit, the PCA website is the first place I go to look. But you must do your homework and ask questions.

The "HOT FOR SALE" thread is not the same. Unless I missed the point of this thread, people are putting cars here that they feel are priced low. Anyone who goes to this thread must do their due diligence to ask why the great price? I don't expect all of the cars on this thread to be pristine, well maintained or perfect. The people on this thread discuss why the car might be priced the way that it is based on imperfections, car fax issues, options, etc. I feel this helps a person make a decision on that price vs, another car. I appreciate someone giving feedback, especially on a car I only see in pictures.

Honestly, I wish the PCA website gave the opportunity for feedback. Feedback doesn't have to be bad. Rennlist marketplace classifieds gives the opportunity to give feedback, and maybe that is a better place for a person to sell their pristine example other than this thread.

Just saying that this thread is not meant for promoting cars that are pristine with a pristine price. It is promoting cars that would be a HOT DEAL. If a car is pristine, I doubt it is a HOT deal, you are paying a premium for a pristine car and I respect that. Maybe that is a different buyer than someone looking for a deal.
Old 10-06-2018, 10:03 AM
STG
Race Director

^^ I agree about the PCA comments. HFS isn't only about lowest priced cars though.

I'm the pickiest guy you'll meet. Basically ALL the cars I've listed are top notch AND AT a great price. I never list junk. HFS isn't about the absolutely lowest priced examples. If anything, we're MORE critical than anyone and give each car a FBI background investigation. Look at some of the in depth discussions we've had on some cars. That goes for most of the guys looking and buying here as well.

They all want well taken cars cosmetically and serviced. They just don't want to overpay either. Many times that entails looking nationwide.

We promote WELL cared for cars at a FAIR PRICE. Those who post cars that aren't up to our standards get called out quick, for example most CarMax cars.

HFS helps educate buyers on what to look for, the current market, and what a "good deal" means to them. That differs among buyers. For example, I'm a low mileage guy but other are willing to sacrifice mileage for a lower price, etc. Everyone's "wish list" and priorities are different which is fine and we see here! This is great, this sucks, this option is a must, this color is terrible, etc ...

As long as they make the best purchase for them and having all the shopping tools and information at their disposal, that's all that matters.

Last edited by STG; 10-06-2018 at 12:26 PM.
Old 10-06-2018, 11:59 AM
STG
Race Director

A hint. If wanting the VIN # off the pre-owned site, copy it from the AutoCheck link. A 2006, but just an example. All cars have the link. Good for posting the whole VIN#'s here since they don't list them on the listing or build sheet.

If you cross reference the actual selling dealer site, VIN's usually on there too with a possibility of a CarFax too.

Name:  photo640.jpg
Views: 2791
Size:  588.3 KB

Name:  photo313.jpg
Views: 2777
Size:  385.1 KB

Name:  photo727.jpg
Views: 2757
Size:  249.1 KB

https://nationalpreownedporsche.com

Name:  photo986.jpg
Views: 2749
Size:  262.5 KB

Last edited by STG; 10-06-2018 at 12:31 PM.
Old 10-06-2018, 12:20 PM
STG
Race Director

2015 GTS: CarFax shows accident, AutoCheck on Porsche pre-owned site does not. Nice huh?

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistor...AB2A91FS125562

https://www.dealer-site.com/autochec...53313235353632

Name:  photo810.jpg
Views: 2795
Size:  663.5 KB

Name:  photo523.jpg
Views: 2807
Size:  579.4 KB

WP0AB2A91FS125562

Name:  photo939.jpg
Views: 2766
Size:  406.3 KB

https://www.porschebellingham.com/ce...ffd947cc20.htm

Last edited by STG; 10-06-2018 at 01:52 PM.
Old 10-06-2018, 01:59 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

I think it speak volumes that the owner sold the car shortly after the accident reported on the car fax. It would give you the impression that the car wasn't quite right after the repair.

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991