991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTS Club Sport Model

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015 | 12:44 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Actually, I take it all back. You want to know why I have to pass on this opportunity?

I can't select the most important option of all: Smoking Package

Not because I smoke. I do not. But because it makes the center console so much cleaner without the useless hole at the lower end.

Oh, also Rear Badge Delete. (The back looks much cleaner with nothing more than a black PORSCHE.)

Old 03-24-2015 | 12:50 AM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

I pass too
Rather have lava orange
Old 03-24-2015 | 12:54 AM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Ugh, Ok, I re-reviewed the documentation provided to me... Apparently you can't select from the full slate of GTS options.

Available GTS Club Coupe options:
Adaptive Sports Seats Plus
PDK
GTS Club Coupe Interior Package (more Red/Blue two-tone stitching)
Premium Package (Auto-Dimming Mirrors, Seat Heating)
Bose

I think I'll have to pass. I really want the Club Blau, and the two-tone stitching... But not without Sport PASM or PDCC+SPASM, LED PDLS. Also, ParkAssist with Camera would be a nice touch, especially for a car priced as high as this one will be.
My plan would be to keep it tucked away in a corner for a long time and bring it out for special occasions while my other sports car(s) do the yeoman duty. So I wouldnt want that alphabet soup of current driving enhancement aids which all be long outdated in 10-20 yrs. So the simpler now, the more timeless later.

I advise ALL of you here whose numbers are initially called , PLEASE pass on this AWFUL vehicle so that the guys lower down on the list can be the nuckleheads who lose their shirts on this sham of a car !!!
Old 03-24-2015 | 01:25 AM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

MkW

You can have mine if I win

Old 03-24-2015 | 01:45 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Officially passed. (Yes, I won a spot and was notified earlier today by email.)

This wasn't easy to pass on. Truthfully, if this was a second 991 GT3 RS in some special PCA color, for instance, I'd pull the trigger on it. I already have a GTS Coupe, and a 50th, so I think I'm covered when it comes to "GTS" Coupes.

I do really like Club Blau, though.

Also, sadly, I can't pass my spot onto someone specific. They'll just re-draw a number/name.
Old 03-24-2015 | 03:07 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Officially passed. (Yes, I won a spot and was notified earlier today by email.)
Well, I didn't get an email. So my name was not drawn. MKW, Tom Tweed, rshea, David? What about you guys? We need some news from other Rennlisters to see if they got the 'your name has been drawn' email from PCA!

GreenLantern at least you were given the opportunity to buy!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 03-24-2015 | 03:15 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Z356
GreenLantern at least you were given the opportunity to buy! l
Indeed. I'm thankful for that.

I just couldn't justify it.

I emailed them same day (tonight) to let them know that I'm passing, instead of waiting for the 48 hour period to expire. Hopefully someone else will get a chance, and hopefully they'll be on RL.
Old 03-24-2015 | 03:16 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

For the record, the email came from Vu Nguyen (PCA Executive Director). (In case you're searching your inbox for an email.)
Old 03-24-2015 | 08:46 AM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Yes Eduardo, I received the lucky e-mail, was smacked around by a fellow Rennlister (or 2) for my decision to pass...and then I cried myself to sleep last night.

However it is a new day and an early AM bike ride should re-focus me...and if not, a planned lunchtime excursion with daughter #2 in the 997 should take care of my 1st world problem!

Well, I didn't get an email. So my name was not drawn. MKW, Tom Tweed, rshea, David? What about you guys? We need some news from other Rennlisters to see if they got the 'your name has been drawn' email from PCA!

GreenLantern at least you were given the opportunity to buy!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 03-24-2015 | 10:25 AM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

I also got the call/email and I will be passing. Just took delivery of my GT3, so no frowns here. Also wife was giving me the you can't be serious look.
Old 03-24-2015 | 10:49 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

No email
Old 03-24-2015 | 11:21 AM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received the email yesterday. Thought it over for about 15 minutes and then sent in my confirmation.
I think the chance to be one of only 60 is worth taking advantage of.
Now, my Silver 2011 GTS will have to go bye-bye.
Excited and sad at the same time.
Old 03-24-2015 | 01:08 PM
mtgadbois
Racer

Considering any options? Got my invite yesterday and am on the fence. I'd have to sell my 993tt - ouch!
Old 03-24-2015 | 01:23 PM
Tom Tweed
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Well, I didn't get an email. So my name was not drawn. MKW, Tom Tweed, rshea, David? What about you guys?
No joy here, Eduardo. Checked my email just now and nothing from Vu Nguyen. Too bad--I would have bought it, or at least negotiated with a dealer on it (hopefully, you could get the same kind of discount they are giving on a vanilla GTS, otherwise I would pass, because the unique color is not that important to me).

I'm happy with my Cayman S and was trying to get a GT4, but there looks to be no chance of that coming true in the next year. I am a 911 guy at heart, and a longtime PCA member, so I could live with the Club Coupe for a year or two and watch how the GT4 thing goes. If they increase production and offer it w/ PDK-S option, I would sell the GTS and jump into a GT4 in a heartbeat. A used 991 GT3 would work for me, too, probably, but I absolutely hate the CL wheels and have come to appreciate the mid-engine dynamics of the Cayman. I'm going to be patient and not do anything for a year, at least, just to see how things shake out with the GT4.

TT
Old 03-24-2015 | 06:16 PM
mikemdd
Racer

Mikemdd & MKW: I have a question for both of you since you seem to have researched into this matter. Can we please clarify for all the price issue on this car. Because I am a little confused...

Here is a copy of what PCA provided re: specifications for the car. Does the advertised $137K include everything listed there? I thought that would be the price for the manual transmission car with those exact specs. You can substitute PDK for the up charge and that is 'it'. Those are your choices. Period. Or are these car's build sheets totally changeable as to other options?

"Porsche will give one GTS Club Coupe away to a lucky PCA member (details will be made available soon), and the other 59 will be available for purchase for $136,060 (not including $995 destination fee) by PCA members through a lottery. Applicants must fill out and submit a registration form to participate in this offer, which will be made available on PCA.org on February 1. There is no charge for the opportunity to register, and there is no obligation to purchase the vehicle. Deliveries will start in June 2015."

For those that care about these types of detail, note that the two-color stitching that will be provided on this Limited Edition's steering wheel is unique and not normally available to customers via 'Porsche Exclusive'. Small detail...but important nevertheless.

By the way, I want everyone to know that although the 'Club Coupe' given away via lottery winner is a MY2015 gts (it's the actual 'display car' shown in all the videos, photos & shown at recent PCA events), all 59 cars that are yet to be custom built for the winners of the drawing will be delivered as MY2016! That is a huge bonus since it will have one less year of depreciation built into the acquisition cost. So take that into consideration too!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Regarding the question on the pricing. The $137K does not include the listed "options". When you add the PDK, seats, comfort package, Bose, etc., the price will be around $148K. Frankly, in my opinion, these are the minimal options to get for this car. To buy it as it comes at $137K would not make sense to me.

Quick Reply: GTS Club Sport Model