Sponsored by:

GTS Club Sport Model

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 09:14 PM
rshea
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts
Default premium

it calculates to something less than $10k. But there are several assumptions in there because you can't order off the floor the exact same car?
Old 03-27-2015, 09:25 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Dalema
It also seems a little fuzzy to me in how they are doing this - Step 1 "committ" to going ahead with it, and Step 2 actually negotiate with a dealer?

How many of those saying yes initially have talked to your dealer about pricing? I could see a few more coming available just based on Step 2.
The unfortunate thing with this process that PCA is doing is you'll end up with a couple on the lot that people backed out on at the last minute when the car arrived.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:27 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by rshea
it calculates to something less than $10k. But there are several assumptions in there because you can't order off the floor the exact same car?
Ah, yes, good point. PTS would be $5500. So a $10k premium for the cool stitching, and a few other styling features, sounds good.

Plus there's the intrinsic value of getting a paint color that you can't order (just like the 50th Anni edition).
Old 03-27-2015, 09:28 PM
mikemdd
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The base club coupe is $137K. Adding 18 way seats, Bose, Premium Package and PDK brings it to around $148K. You can do the build, starting with a $115K base GTS, but with the same options, it is greater than a $10K premium for sure. See previous posts...
Old 03-27-2015, 09:28 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 38 Posts

My personal situation and thinking going into this is that since I have a long standing relationship with my local Porsche dealer incl history of multiple purchases and also of having my cars serviced in/out of warranty there after sales, why would that dealership not congratulate a long time customer winner and accept just a modest profit and while also gaining the income from servicing said vehicle as well as maintaining good will that long time customer and his many referrals over the years . It is a unit they could otherwise never have obtained to sell and service , so it is a monetized gift from PCNA to them , essentially.

IOW , the tables are turned as the buyer has the allocation !

Plus I last bought another vehicle from them just last summer , not a few years ago.

YMMV
Old 03-27-2015, 09:50 PM
jvmax
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 32 Posts

besides the GT and Turbo cars, when did the regular 911's get so expensive? For $150k i'd rather have a GT3. I'm waiting for the 911 50th to get closer to $100k.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:47 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 332 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemdd
You can do the build, starting with a $115K base GTS, but with the same options, it is greater than a $10K premium for sure. See previous posts...
Depends on how you view the PTS color but I would disagree... this build below is as close as you can get a GTS to the Club Coupe with standard features below. $131k vs $137k for the Club Coupe which is $6k premium for the unique model specific features like the Sport Classic wheels, Club Coupe badges (interior/exterior), special steering wheel, center compartment lid, etc. That doesn't seem to far out of line to me given Porsche option pricing.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PG5V4W23

Old 03-27-2015, 11:19 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 38 Posts

analyses aside , the 60 CC is the only factory wide body RWD " GTS "
Old 03-27-2015, 11:45 PM
Vise
Drifting

Originally Posted by MKW
analyses aside , the 60 CC is the only factory wide body RWD " GTS "
You mean aside from the normal 911 GTS right?
Old 03-28-2015, 12:25 AM
mikemdd
Racer

Originally Posted by Vise
Depends on how you view the PTS color but I would disagree... this build below is as close as you can get a GTS to the Club Coupe with standard features below. $131k vs $137k for the Club Coupe which is $6k premium for the unique model specific features like the Sport Classic wheels, Club Coupe badges (interior/exterior), special steering wheel, center compartment lid, etc. That doesn't seem to far out of line to me given Porsche option pricing.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PG5V4W23

I assume you understand that sticker comes out to $148k.... Only the top part is $137k..the options listed are extra.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:53 AM
Vise
Drifting

Originally Posted by mikemdd
I assume you understand that sticker comes out to $148k.... Only the top part is $137k..the options listed are extra.
Obviously. Options are extra same as a normal GTS or any other Porsche. My point was the base Club Coupe itself with standard equipment is only $6k more than a similarly equipped GTS.

If you were to add the rest of the options listed below the comparable GTS build would still be just $6k less given the options are the same price on either model. Point being that the Club Coupe premium is $6k over a similarly equipped GTS when you factor in the additional items that come standard.
Old 03-28-2015, 01:17 AM
mikemdd
Racer

Originally Posted by Vise
Obviously. Options are extra same as a normal GTS or any other Porsche. My point was the base Club Coupe itself with standard equipment is only $6k more than a similarly equipped GTS.

If you were to add the rest of the options listed below the comparable GTS build would still be just $6k less given the options are the same price on either model. Point being that the Club Coupe premium is $6k over a similarly equipped GTS when you factor in the additional items that come standard.
Agreed. If you were intending to order a paint to sample GTS, the premium is around 6k. Compared to a normal GTS, which will be the comparison years from now, it is $11.5k. That means the paint needs to be really important. Generally, cars become classics, not paint. We can analyze many ways, but in the end, the value to the buyer is all that counts. I say go for it, if money is not important, as I may if selected, and enjoy. That is what counts.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:08 PM
Matt-R20
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 59 Posts

Curious about what you guys would choose, I entered but did not get an email, still a chance one comes Monday, so still may have to make this choice.

Would you swap out a Geyser Grey 50th for the Club model? 50th was ordered to my spec, so no conflict w config. This is the internal debate I've been having all week. I just can't justify 2 of pretty much the same car. Have lots of other Porsches, so thats not the issue. So which would you pick?

-Club coupe is more rare
-50th is more unique, green gauges, houndstooth, chrome grills
-same wheels on both
-Like the duckbill, but the Aerokit front bumper is fussy
-Love the bright blue paint, like bright cars.
-same power, guess I could get a pdk for something different

At this point I would lean to the 50th, but not sure if that would hold if I got the call.......
Old 03-28-2015, 01:10 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts
Default The 50th 911 Anniversary Interior is an iconic 'classic' and hard to beat!

Originally Posted by Msmatt
Would you swap out a Geyser Grey 50th for the Club model? 50th was ordered to my spec, so no conflict w config. So which would you pick?

-Club coupe is more rare
-50th is more unique, green gauges, houndstooth, chrome grills
-same wheels on both
-Like the duckbill, but the Aerokit front bumper is fussy
-Love the bright blue paint, like bright cars.
-same power, guess I could get a pdk for something different

At this point I would lean to the 50th, but not sure if that would hold if I got the call.......
Frankly, if I had a 50th 911 Anniversary, I would not sell it to get the 60th PCA Anniversary. Although I love the 'Club Blau' exterior color, the 50th's interior is so special - green dials, pepita / houndstooth inserts, beautiful stitching plus the embroidered dual color model designation on seat- that it would be my pick! But that's a very personal opinion and you need to go with your gut feeling, not anyone else's. But my simple advice is that you should appreciate more what you already have...and be very content! The interior of the 50th 911 Anniversary is one of the most impressive & memorable that I have ever seen on a Porsche. It will become a classic and very desirable in the long term. Trust me on this.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 03-28-2015, 01:33 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts

Agree with Ed that 50th 991 is already a classic. Don't sell it, but you can always add a club coupe if you get called.

For me, the decision is much easier. I WANT to have 2 club coupes.

Quick Reply: GTS Club Sport Model