Sponsored by:

The now "age old debate" PDK vs Manual in the GTS, HELP

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 06:36 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,601 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Originally Posted by Grunty
I think it's basically a Yankees vs. Mets thing. People just like to argue and it's harmless fun. Or at least I hope so.

I gotta say that the sport design wheel with paddles is aesthetically pretty awesome to behold. But so is the Audi r8 gated shifter with the milled ****.
+1
Old 11-23-2014, 01:16 AM
kaution321
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PDK is the way of the future. Don't believe me just ask the porsche GT3 engineers. To make a long story longer if you want to go faster get a PDK but if your not concerned about getting passed then get a manual.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:53 AM
Maverick1
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Different car but this video shows why some of us manual enthusiasts prefer to change our own gears.
Listen at 3:03
"the select group of driving enthusiasts who demand the ultimate level of performance, the ultimate level of control and interaction with their vehicle." Well said.
If you "PDK" gents don't get it by now, then you will probably never understand our point of view.
Manual transmission=driving enthusiast.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:43 AM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Jaguar to the rescue?

And Mav, "the ultimate level of performance"? Really?

Maybe when you Goose it?
Old 11-23-2014, 05:14 PM
pvr
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Being my "toy" car, I really enjoy the driving with the MT as the challenge for me is about getting it right. The PDK will always get it right, but that is no fun for an enjoyment car which I do not use for anything else.

For my other car (X5), I am happy for it to be an automatic, as that fits the driving requirements very well. The sequential gearbox I have in the Abarth is fine, but is not the greatest so would not have that again. My Audi and Golf are manuals as well and it suits those cars very well.
Old 11-23-2014, 07:02 PM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,299 Likes on 886 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick1
Different car but this video shows why some of us manual enthusiasts prefer to change our own gears.
Listen at 3:03
2015 Jaguar F-Type Manual - YouTube
"the select group of driving enthusiasts who demand the ultimate level of performance, the ultimate level of control and interaction with their vehicle." Well said.
If you "PDK" gents don't get it by now, then you will probably never understand our point of view.
Manual transmission=driving enthusiast.

"I don't always buy into marketing hype about the ultimate level of performance, control, and interaction, but when I do, I buy it from people selling a car that weighs 700 pounds more than a Porsche."
Old 11-23-2014, 11:47 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 358 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick1
Different car but this video shows why some of us manual enthusiasts prefer to change our own gears. Listen at 3:03 Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5IMW17TGeE "the select group of driving enthusiasts who demand the ultimate level of performance, the ultimate level of control and interaction with their vehicle." Well said. If you "PDK" gents don't get it by now, then you will probably never understand our point of view. Manual transmission=driving enthusiast.

Thank you for posting!

BRAVO JAGUAR!!!
Old 11-24-2014, 09:29 AM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 4,149 Likes on 1,464 Posts

Originally Posted by kaution321
PDK is the way of the future. Don't believe me just ask the porsche GT3 engineers. To make a long story longer if you want to go faster get a PDK but if your not concerned about getting passed then get a manual.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:09 PM
Cheekymonkeyman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not dead dr collie... Keep flogging it and it's sure to wake up...
Old 11-24-2014, 06:39 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Noah Fect

"I don't always buy into marketing hype about the ultimate level of performance, control, and interaction, but when I do, I buy it from people selling a car that weighs 700 pounds more than a Porsche."
"I don't always buy hype, but when I do its Jaguar's" would be better. But not bad Noah, not bad.

Have you seen the new movie Guardians of the Guardrail? There's a song,
I can't stop this feeling, deep inside of me, manual transmission, what you do to me
when we're driving down the road at night your clutch pedal makes me feel all right
I'm hooked on a feeling, I'm high on believing, that you're in love with me!
Shifts as sweet as candy, I'm not far off line, baby who said really its about lap times?
Cars with just two pedals lack your pure allure, Walter Rorhl said so, so I know for sure….
Rev it up girl, blip it all night long, heel and toe girl yeah you turn me on
I (I, I, da dum dum) I'm hooked on a feeling, I'm high on believing, that you're in love with me!

Quick Reply: The now "age old debate" PDK vs Manual in the GTS, HELP