Sponsored by:

Porsche to drop MSRP on 911?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 11:17 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by StudGarden
I can see black interior having black stitching standard...
Stud, where is that you see 'black' stitching as 'standard' on a Porsche 991?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 11-05-2014, 11:20 PM
VintageRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 466 Likes on 237 Posts

It's not like anyone actually pays MSRP anyway.
Old 11-05-2014, 11:45 PM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

What gets me is that it's a zero cost item for Porsche. If anything it might be slightly more expensive to color match exactly but whatever. I can see black interior having black stitching standard, though I'd prefer pebble/agate/etc. But beige absolutely needs a brown stitching, blue a gray stitching and platinum a black or dark gray. Wouldn't cost them one penny and would add a much higher level of finishing.
The worst is that the GTS package is 4k for stitching, dial, and carbon bits. But if you got all of those separate it would be like 7k. So really they are raping us.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:28 AM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Stud, where is that you see 'black' stitching as 'standard' on a Porsche 991? Saludos, Eduardo Carmel
I meant the standard black interior could stay as is, but the other 3 standard interiors really need to have "deviated" stitching standard. Recently rode in a Malibu that had it :/
Old 11-06-2014, 12:39 AM
VintageRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 466 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by jem7v
The worst is that the GTS package is 4k for stitching, dial, and carbon bits. But if you got all of those separate it would be like 7k. So really they are raping us.
I've never bought a Porsche when I thought I wasn't getting value for my money.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:31 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

What gets me is that it's a zero cost item for Porsche. If anything it might be slightly more expensive to color match exactly but whatever. I can see black interior having black stitching standard, though I'd prefer pebble/agate/etc. But beige absolutely needs a brown stitching, blue a gray stitching and platinum a black or dark gray. Wouldn't cost them one penny and would add a much higher level of finishing.
I meant the standard black interior could stay as is, but the other 3 standard interiors really need to have "deviated" stitching standard.
Just as long as you understand that the 'black' interior on the 991 does come standard with a deviating color stitching. To me it's not noticeable enough, but 'black' it's most certainly NOT the color of that stitching!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images  
Old 11-06-2014, 09:37 AM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

See though if you look at the 997 turbo, GT3, GT2, GTS they all came with white deviated stitching as standard. I'm not sure the full leather black interior on the 991 does the same. Well granted on the 997 you got it in certain places, but not all places.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:38 AM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by VintageRacer
I've never bought a Porsche when I thought I wasn't getting value for my money.
The only value is the ride, feel, and practicality. They are the only game in town. No one does it like them. That's why they charge so much. I mean BMW, mercedes, audi, attempts to do it like porsche. But they can't. When you get in any porsche it's a completely different feeling in the way it drives than any other car. The one that feels comparable to me is the ferrari.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:51 PM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Just as long as you understand that the 'black' interior on the 991 does come standard with a deviating color stitching. To me it's not noticeable enough, but 'black' it's most certainly NOT the color of that stitching! Saludos, Eduardo Carmel .
Hmmm I've only driven one black interior so must have missed that. I'd say they could turn up the contrast one notch and it'd be perfect.

I'd also like to see two town interiors on the "other 3" interior colors. There's glare no matter what cause of the way the windshield is, so beige and platinum absolutely need a darker color standard. Blue just needs something to break up all that, well, blue.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:51 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

If you can find one of the Porsche videos showing how they stitch the leather together, you'll see a whole bunch of bobbins with all the different color threads all set up and ready to go. Sure if the last one was black it might take a minute to switch to red. But whatever time it takes, they are all there, deviated or not, its all the same.

On second thought, SHHHH! don't tell Porsche! They might start charging for all their stitching, deviated or not.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:46 PM
freeman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

StudGarden-

There seems to be nothing that can be done to prevent the glare of the windshield. Not only do I have a black interior, but I had the windows tinted as dark-as-legal. I still have a very distracting glare on the windshield.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:19 PM
RichardC
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by freeman
StudGarden-

There seems to be nothing that can be done to prevent the glare of the windshield. Not only do I have a black interior, but I had the windows tinted as dark-as-legal. I still have a very distracting glare on the windshield.
+1 I have black leather interior and got the glare too. I don't know if there's much you can do to avoid the glare.

Here is a sample video from my dash cam that shows the glare quite prominently.

Richard
Old 11-06-2014, 07:44 PM
mrsmitty
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RichardC
+1 I have black leather interior and got the glare too. I don't know if there's much you can do to avoid the glare.

Here is a sample video from my dash cam that shows the glare quite prominently.

Dash Camera - Accident in Vancouver, August 9, 2014 - YouTube

Richard
Man some terrible drivers in that video two guys in the middle of the intersection blocking you and one almost got hit by a semi truck when he finally decided to go.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:59 PM
freeman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

That dash cam video is a duplicate of what I see every day even with the tint.

Quick Reply: Porsche to drop MSRP on 911?