Sponsored by:

Haters

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 07:03 PM
DBYT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Haters

Had an unprovoked hater incident today whilst driving the 991. Was quite appalled because it has never happened to me before and was totally unprovoked.

We were driving back to PA after a great lunch at a Charlestown, MD, crab shack. We were turning onto an on ramp when a Jeep Cherokee cut in front of us and slowed right down. It was a dick move but I kept a distance behind him and once we merged onto the highway, I indicated and pull into the fast lane to pass him. As we passed him, the jeep driver, guy in his 20s, with his window down and was performing the jerk off movement and was mouthing profanities.

My wife and I could not believe it happened. Told my wife you just can't help it if someone is a hater. With an attitude like that, he isn't going to get far in life.

It is unfortunate that we are seeing more of this sort of behaviour in the US. It is the sort of behaviour more prevalent in countries like Australia and England.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:06 PM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Who gives a ****... I would've just laughed and stepped on it. His life clearly sucks *****.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:10 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,407 Likes on 2,514 Posts

Should have passed him on the ramp. Your wife would have been impressed.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:23 PM
Homeles
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by DBYT
Had an unprovoked hater incident today whilst driving the 991. Was quite appalled because it has never happened to me before and was totally unprovoked.

We were driving back to PA after a great lunch at a Charlestown, MD, crab shack. We were turning onto an on ramp when a Jeep Cherokee cut in front of us and slowed right down. It was a dick move but I kept a distance behind him and once we merged onto the highway, I indicated and pull into the fast lane to pass him. As we passed him, the jeep driver, guy in his 20s, with his window down and was performing the jerk off movement and was mouthing profanities.

My wife and I could not believe it happened. Told my wife you just can't help it if someone is a hater. With an attitude like that, he isn't going to get far in life.

It is unfortunate that we are seeing more of this sort of behaviour in the US. It is the sort of behaviour more prevalent in countries like Australia and England.
There will always be haters. Learn to live with em. I don't agree with your comment about Australia and England though. I went to college in Australia and lived in the U.K.. The US is a LOT worse!
Old 06-29-2014, 07:26 PM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Homeles
There will always be haters. Learn to live with em. I don't agree with your comment about Australia and England though. I went to college in Australia and lived in the U.K.. The US is a LOT worse!
Agreed. In Germany you get **** load of points for even giving somebody the finger while driving. The only real road rage you see back home is some serious tailgating on the Autobahn... which, when caught, will net you a 3 month time out.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:37 PM
Zohan
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
His life clearly sucks *****.
+1

Or he just got the Jeep and was told that it will be the hottest thing in his trailer park and you have the ***** to pass him.... I feel sorry for this spacemen of humanity
Old 06-29-2014, 07:38 PM
DBYT
Pro

Agreed that there will always be haters but it was an observation on my part as a non American who has lived all over the world, including Australia and England, that I am seeing more of the tall poppy syndrome (haters) in the US. The Tall Poppy syndrome is so foreign a concept to most Americans that most Americans that live in Aus or the UK for a period are oblivious to it.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:41 PM
DBYT
Pro

Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
Who gives a ****... I would've just laughed and stepped on it. His life clearly sucks *****.
I contemplated blowing him a kiss, which would have pissed him off even more but my daughter was in the car, so I just dropped it down a gear in sport plus and blasted past him.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:46 PM
DBYT
Pro

The US is way better than Aus and the UK in terms of haters. Way more haters in those countries. Generally, in the US, hard work and achievement is looked favourably upon. It isn't so in Aus and the UK.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:51 PM
Zohan
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tip for the next time
Old 06-29-2014, 07:53 PM
DBYT
Pro

Originally Posted by Zohan
Tip for the next time
TOP GEAR - LOSER!! - YouTube
Too funny!
Old 06-29-2014, 08:19 PM
stealthboy
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

There will always be haters. I like waving to them and smiling. They're just unhappy with their situation in life and feel the need to put down others. Just have some pity that their life is so miserable .
Old 06-29-2014, 08:24 PM
walterwu
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The US is a LOT worse!
I agree. In California, we have a variety of bad drivers. Clueless Prius idiots, ex-hippies who know they're driving poorly but think a smile and a wave make it OK, and the aggressive jerks as the OP described. You see more of those types in Eastern and Southern California, less so in Northern California. I've also lived on the East Coast, which is comparable to Eastern California. Continental Europe is not even close. Don't know about the UK though.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:44 PM
Porscheforever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Gun onboard" sticker should do the trick (if you live in texas with CHL)
Old 06-29-2014, 11:33 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Is he a hater? Or a clover? http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Clover
"Clovers believe that they are always doing the right thing, and therefore everyone should wait on them, or are basically oblivious to others' needs.
Clovers refuse to move right for faster-moving traffic.
Clovers have an obnoxious, passive-aggressive determination to force everyone else to drive slowly, too,"

Quick Reply: Haters