Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PTS opinions

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 06:00 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

If you like 'bright & lively' greens, I recommend 'Viper', 'Signal Green' or 'RS Green'!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images   
Old 06-28-2014, 01:54 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Indeed some owners of Limited Edition models with unique colors are protected by Porsche AG! That was the case of the 'Sport Classic Grey' of the MY2010 '911 Sport Classic' and the 'Pure Blue' of the MY2012 'Speedster'. You can NOT order these two colors via PTS...they are reserved for these two LE models!

'Brewster Green', on the other hand, was used on the '911 Club Coupes' (only 13 of these 991 coupes were built) yet the color was not 'proprietary' to that rare Limited Edition! Anyone can order 'Brewster Green' via PTS! There is no logic...other than that is the way they did it!

Right on, cy456! Sage advice.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Pascha red has also been on the PTS-approved list, though it was the color of the limited edition GUM Red Square 911s. Curious, Eduardo, can we really be certain that the other colors you mentioned will never make the PTS-approved list? It really hasn't been that long since either was issued, which is why I ask.
Old 06-28-2014, 01:58 AM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by hinckley
These are great posts which are much appreciated.

OK, so I've now opened up to the idea that Arena, although beautiful, is "just another shade of red". What would you guys think about my second and third choices, Brewster Green and Aetna Blue? I was thinking about one of these combos:

1. Brewster Green with a Black top, and Cognac/Espresso interior.
2. Brewster Green with a Black top, and Black interior.
3. Aetna Blue with a Black top, and Black interior.

I would either go with the interior trim in CF or the external color (if possible).
Aetna kills Brewster IMO. Arena red is also very nice.
Old 06-28-2014, 02:42 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by sportscentury
Pascha red has also been on the PTS-approved list, though it was the color of the limited edition GUM Red Square 911s.
'Pascha Red' is a historic 356 Pre-A color. In fact, Hans Peter Porsche's Gmund which was shown at Pebble a few years ago looked to me to be similar to 'Pascha Red' and that was an Austria-build Gmund! The official color for that Gmund 356-2 045, however, is just 'red' and might be slightly lighter in shade than 'Pascha'. Normally, the colors that PAG reserves & protects for some of its 'Limited Editions' are newly formulated rather than 'Historic' (e.g. 'Pure Blue' and 'Sport Classic Grey'). Its part of the marketing of the model (the exclusive color) and so it's not available to others for copying.

Curious, Eduardo, can we really be certain that the other colors you mentioned will never make the PTS-approved list? It really hasn't been that long since either was issued, which is why I ask.
Anything can happen. But I doubt it with regards the colors 'Pure Blue' and/or 'Sport Classic Grey'. I don't think these ever will make the PTS list. However, you can get pretty darn close to 'Sport Classic Grey' with other PTS colors (e.g 'ModeGrau/Fashion Grey', 'Stone Grey') available presently via 'Porsche Exclusive'. And PTS currently has approved some incredibly deep & beautiful 'blues' (e.g. 'Voodoo', 'Riviera', 'Mexico', 'Francia', 'Maritime') which lessens the pain of being denied the MY2012 Speedster's 'Pure Blue'!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images   
Old 06-28-2014, 07:49 AM
Steelers6
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For a convertible, add me to the Brewster column. For a coupe,Aetna. Disclosure , currently choosing from Iris blue metallic( and feasibility study) ice blue, and Aetna for when gts announced.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:00 AM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Pascha red has also been on the PTS-approved list, though it was the color of the limited edition GUM Red Square 911s.
There are very few pictures of "modern Pascha" online, but I looked closely at it and decided it had too much violet and that I preferred Arena.

Aetna kills Brewster IMO. Arena red is also very nice.
I think that Brewster is my favorite PTS, but have now ruled it out. It's too dark for a summer-only cab (better on the coupe as others have said). I'm down to PTS Aetna Blue and Arena Red. I could swap in Mexico or Ice Blue for Aetna, and as a nod to LexVan, I am considering GT Silver with a Garnett/Black interior. So maybe my short-list hasn't shortened so much after all . . .

I may not seem so, but the responses to this thread have been incredibly helpful for me to think the decision through.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:21 AM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Its good to mull over those choices for a while to see how the colours mature over time, that way your decision will be made through natural selection.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:49 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,108 Likes on 666 Posts

I think that Brewster is my favorite PTS, but have now ruled it out. It's too dark for a summer-only cab (better on the coupe as others have said). I'm down to PTS Aetna Blue and Arena Red. I could swap in Mexico or Ice Blue for Aetna, and as a nod to LexVan, I am considering GT Silver with a Garnett/Black interior. So maybe my short-list hasn't shortened so much after all . . .

I may not seem so, but the responses to this thread have been incredibly helpful for me to think the decision through.[/QUOTE]

Of those, I like Aetna the best. And I had an Arena '98 C2S, which I loved. Mexico is certainly the most eye-catching IMO, if that's what you are after. Good call on nixing Brewster - one less to worry about seeing coming the other way, lol!
Old 06-28-2014, 11:26 AM
FORENN
Banned

'Pascha Red' is a historic 356 Pre-A color. In fact, Hans Peter Porsche's Gmund which was shown at Pebble a few years ago looked to me to be similar to 'Pascha Red' and that was an Austria-build Gmund! The official color for that Gmund 356-2 045, however, is just 'red' and might be slightly lighter in shade than 'Pascha'. Normally, the colors that PAG reserves & protects for some of its 'Limited Editions' are newly formulated rather than 'Historic' (e.g. 'Pure Blue' and 'Sport Classic Grey'). Its part of the marketing of the model (the exclusive color) and so it's not available to others for copying.

Anything can happen. But I doubt it with regards the colors 'Pure Blue' and/or 'Sport Classic Grey'. I don't think these ever will make the PTS list. However, you can get pretty darn close to 'Sport Classic Grey' with other PTS colors (e.g 'ModeGrau/Fashion Grey', 'Stone Grey') available presently via 'Porsche Exclusive'. And PTS currently has approved some incredibly deep & beautiful 'blues' (e.g. 'Voodoo', 'Riviera', 'Mexico', 'Francia', 'Maritime') which lessens the pain of being denied the MY2012 Speedster's 'Pure Blue'!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Very interesting! Thanks, as always, for the great information.
Old 09-15-2016, 02:30 PM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,090 Likes on 386 Posts

Indeed some owners of Limited Edition models with unique colors are protected by Porsche AG! That was the case of the 'Sport Classic Grey' of the MY2010 '911 Sport Classic' and the 'Pure Blue' of the MY2012 'Speedster'. You can NOT order these two colors via PTS...they are reserved for these two LE models!

I have seen a couple of historical comments on this forum, like the one above, about the protected nature of Pure Blue so I am wondering what the status of this colour exclusion might be because I have seen a blue 2016 GTS with the colour M5B Pure Blue on the build sheet that I am very, very interested in. I think there might be some future value here. It was a very late 2015 build so is this possibly quite a rare bird?
Attached Images    
Old 09-15-2016, 02:32 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,610 Likes on 2,347 Posts

^^^ looks like Maritime Blue to me YMMV
Old 09-15-2016, 02:41 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Chris3963
I have seen a couple of historical comments on this forum,
like the one above, about the protected nature of Pure Blue
so I am wondering what the status of this colour exclusion
might be because I have seen a blue 2016 GTS with the
colour M5B Pure Blue on the build sheet that I am very,
very interested in. I think there might be some future value
here. It was a very late 2015 build so is this possibly quite
a rare bird?
That post pre-dates information we have received here on Rennlist
from readers or members that PAG has allowed a previously exclusive
color like 'Sport Classic Grey' to be ordered via PTS.

https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-...l#post12972499

So it would not surprise me if 'Pure Blue' has been allowed to be
ordered too. Please keep us posted on this 'Pure Blue' after you
decide what to do - buy it or not, etc.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Scottsdale
Old 09-15-2016, 02:43 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

IMO he should buy it regardless and not for the future investment potential either
Old 09-15-2016, 02:48 PM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,090 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
^^^ looks like Maritime Blue to me YMMV
That's exactly what I thought when I first saw that photos so I asked the dealer to send me the factory configuration which specifically states that it is "M5B purblau".
Old 09-15-2016, 02:51 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chris3963
That's exactly what I thought when I first saw that photos so I asked the dealer to send me the factory configuration which specifically states that it is "M5B purblau".
buy it buy it buy it

Quick Reply: PTS opinions