Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PTS opinions

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 08:36 AM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

These are great posts which are much appreciated.

OK, so I've now opened up to the idea that Arena, although beautiful, is "just another shade of red". What would you guys think about my second and third choices, Brewster Green and Aetna Blue? I was thinking about one of these combos:

1. Brewster Green with a Black top, and Cognac/Espresso interior.
2. Brewster Green with a Black top, and Black interior.
3. Aetna Blue with a Black top, and Black interior.

I would either go with the interior trim in CF or the external color (if possible).
Old 06-27-2014, 09:00 AM
DGBRx
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is the same as my PTS "short list", but I wouldn't bail on Arena Red so quickly! The Brewster Green w/ Cognac/Espresso would always look great IMO.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:31 AM
nh4
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had sort of been hooked on "Malachite Green Metallic" as my PTS color of choice, but now that a few more pics of "Brewster Green" have been posted to a few threads here my loyalties may be shifting!

-nh4.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:47 AM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

I think Brewster works better on a coupe, for convertible you need to have a bit of a contrast between the exterior colour and the top colour - black top and the dark Brewster are the same tone and f you go forms different colour it may not be a match with interior. Malachite green metallic should offer more of a contrast.

Blue will work better with black top but Aetna is more of coupe colour, go for ice blue metallic. Here is a couple of pics borrowed from Cy's car (hope he doesn't mind)

Attachment 847743

Last edited by Mondrian; 07-02-2014 at 09:39 AM.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:48 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,108 Likes on 666 Posts

I just changed my C4S order to PTS Brewster Green/Espresso/Cognac yesterday. I think that filled their quota for MY '15.

If you go with BG, I would consider the top in brown. If I were getting a cab, that's what I would do rather than introducing another color.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:51 AM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

Nice one Keadog, with ceramics or will you just paint the red ones. How close is the brown top to expresso interior?

Either way make sure you do the wheels in Brewster Green too, I think it's those small touches that really makes the build.

Last edited by Mondrian; 06-27-2014 at 11:08 AM.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:24 AM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Mondrian
I think Brewster works better on a coupe, for convertible you need to have a bit of a contrast between the exterior colour and the top colour - black top and the dark Brewster are the same tone and f you go forms different colour it may not be a match with interior. Malachite green metallic should offer more of a contrast.

Blue will work better with black top but Aetna is more of coupe colour, go for ice blue metallic. Here is a couple of pics borrowed from Cy's car (hope he doesn't mind)
Dude, you're killing me! I thought you'd be the first to Brewster. But, I think you're right. This is my summer car. It should be a summer color. I've got to take a closer look at IBM though. In the past, I thought it was too light.

Originally Posted by Keadog
If you go with BG, I would consider the top in brown. If I were getting a cab, that's what I would do rather than introducing another color.
. . . and that's been my problem ever since I switched from a coupe to a cab with cognac/espresso. The brown top doesn't match the espresso interior, and so with either a black or a brown top, I end up trying to put together four colors. Someone with a better sense of aesthetics will know better, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around that.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:32 AM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by hinckley
Dude, you're killing me!
Sorry I was initially thinking coupe, my bad. Here is another of Cy's

Attachment 847751

Last edited by Mondrian; 07-02-2014 at 09:39 AM.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:47 AM
nh4
Instructor

Originally Posted by Keadog
I just changed my C4S order to PTS Brewster Green/Espresso/Cognac yesterday. I think that filled their quota for MY '15.

Well played, sir! In my wandering from the 'Malachite Green Metallic' to the 'Brewster Green' that Espresso/Cognac interior has been a constant... It looks so *bleeping* good! If you haven't already, take a look at the PTS / Porsche Exclusive thread. There is a deviating carpet option that might make the interior look even sharper if you were to get it in the espresso color.

If you opt for that, when you do take delivery, please do post lots and lots of pictures!

-nh4.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:50 AM
nh4
Instructor

The Aetna Blue is also pretty spectacular.

Man am I in trouble when I finally put in my order!!!!

-nh4.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:55 AM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

Aetna is a bit dull next to IBM, I think if it was a GT3 I'd go for Aetna but on a convertible ....
Old 06-27-2014, 12:28 PM
991999R
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Para82
Geezuz that's good looking.
+1...i think brewster with a espresso/cognac would be sharp...or luxor...
Old 06-27-2014, 02:24 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,610 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by Mondrian

Attachment 847743
goregous
Old 06-27-2014, 02:25 PM
Samp4
Racer

I have a 4S Cab with espresso/cognac and deviated carpet. My outside is Anthracite brown with a brown top. I get so many compliments on the colors it is amazing. I have seen the interior with both black and brown tops and think the brown looks much better. The deviated carpet is also a must as it makes the cognac pop out. I think the Brewster Green would be awesome.

Make sure to look at the steering column and a few items as they come in black if you don't cover In leather.
Old 06-27-2014, 03:17 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Anthracite4sCab
I have a 4S Cab with espresso/cognac and deviated carpet. My outside is Anthracite brown with a brown top.
I've looked closely at the pics of your car and you've pulled off exactly what I'd like to. The brown body, top and interior bits blend almost seamlessly and the cognac seats pop. I'd do the same thing except Anthracite brown just isn't my favorite. But it is the exact scheme I was talking about in one of my early posts when I said that I was thinking about a black interior with deviating cognac seats and stitching. The idea was to blend the cab top into one of the interior colors.

Still . . .

Quick Reply: PTS opinions