Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CQuartz question/problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 03:20 PM
///Armin
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I had it done on my black X5 about 8 months ago and I can tell that it has made a huge difference. First, and most important for me is the fact that with a basic wash the car looks like it was just completely detailed. That for me was the biggest selling factor! I used to have to spend hours every few months getting it to look like the way it does now with just a wash. It's a very deep shine and glossy, basically like a fresh coat of wax each time I wash. On black of-course you notice this much more than any other color. Second is the fact that it does't get as dirty, for example with rain, water spots are not visible in all areas....dont' get me wrong, it's still a black car and it shows everything but its not as bad with rain as it used to be. Lastly I have been hand washing it myself and there very few swirl marks, I would say it has definitely added an extra layer of protection.

These are pics I took just a few weeks ago:

Old 09-28-2015, 04:46 PM
66mustang
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I know the thread was a year old until someone brought it back from the dead. OP, did you ever find anything out?

I did CQuartz on my wife's white infiniti. When out in the sun, it is almost blinding it reflects so much. The beading is incredible also.
Old 09-28-2015, 05:22 PM
ChoyV
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Just had my Guard Red coated after the paint corrections. One thing I noticed is that, it is easier to clean. It is deeper and shinier than before but to be honest, I prefer the shine on my other car with Menzerna sealant. Still remains to be seen if it is more resistant from swirl marks compared to wax/sealant.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:20 AM
Samp4
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OP here. After over a year I can say the CQuartz is well worth the money. My car still looks like new and is easier to clean except the wheels. Those are a pain. I guess maybe I was expecting more but it has held up well and I have no swirl marks anywhere.

I will also say I had 22ple applied to my wife's black Panamera after paint correction and it looks like I had hoped for my 911. It looks like a high quality wax job and is slicker than my paint. It seems to repel dust better than mile also.

When mine needs to be redone I will go with 22ple for sure. I will also have him try the wheels to see it helps there. I did not do that to my wife's car for some dumb reason.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:04 AM
ChoyV
Racer

There is a different coat for wheels. I asked Esoteric about the difference between body paint and wheels coating. The wheels coating is more heat resistant.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:53 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,402 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Originally Posted by ChoyV
There is a different coat for wheels. I asked Esoteric about the difference between body paint and wheels coating. The wheels coating is more heat resistant.
Really? Not sure about that. But maybe you're (and Esoteric) right. I use Optimum Gloss Coat (https://www.detailersdomain.com/coll...oss-coat-10-cc) on my wheels, which is basically OptiCoat Pro without the warranty and extra costs. That's what I think is the main difference; the added warranty costs. I'd be interested to learn more about the real reason. Thanks.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:11 PM
ChoyV
Racer

Originally Posted by LexVan
Really? Not sure about that. But maybe you're (and Esoteric) right. I use Optimum Gloss Coat (https://www.detailersdomain.com/coll...oss-coat-10-cc) on my wheels, which is basically OptiCoat Pro without the warranty and extra costs. That's what I think is the main difference; the added warranty costs. I'd be interested to learn more about the real reason. Thanks.
Esoteric are using Gyeon and Kamikaze products to name a few. They have coating for trim/plastic (Gyeon Trim Q2) and wheels (Rim Q2). First time to use them so I am still in the, Wait and See, stage. Check their site. They usually cater for F cars. Just had a personalize one day training from them for home DIY knowledge.
Old 09-29-2015, 01:08 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,869 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
I have the Gloss Coat on my Cayman and the OptiCoat Pro on my Carrera, and, at least in my eyes, there is a difference. Both are awesome, but I think the OptiCoat Pro beads the water a little better and the detailer who did both swears that the Gloss Coat will not last near as long. Looks great though.

Quick Reply: CQuartz question/problem