Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 11:36 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Nick,

Posted and Shared.

Good luck.

You deserve your $$$ back or a new car. Simple.

Porsche - do what is right. Not what looks good on the bottom line.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:37 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mercel
Hellooooo, Lemon laws, the provisions of which were designed for this kind of customer horror story. I do think the Porsche dealer probably contributed to your electrical issues, recalling the history of your posts. Not that it matters -- you're still entitled to resolution.

Although you've been patient and reasonable, the videos don't seem to be "working." Insist on the protections of the Lemon Law and be done with it. Fighting PCNA in public shouldn't be necessary and may even be counterproductive. I wouldn't accept the current car -- it's haunted (and probably unsafe).

I read the posts and watch the videos and can't help thinking there's a part of this story I'm missing. A one-cylinder Judge Judy would dispense of this in Lemon law arbitrations post-haste.
So much time and energy wasted. Just use the lemon law. That is what it is for.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:53 PM
pfan
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck

Porsche - do what is right. Not what looks good on the bottom line.
And more importantly, the bottom line of numerous PCNA executives whose year end bonuses are predicated in part on $$$ saved by not treating customers fairly.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:19 AM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by UDPride

PCNA is making the same mistake most companies make in customer service: they jump over dollars to save dimes.
That is dead on correct. Before the age of the internet it would be a much smaller problem for a company to treat a customer like this. However, with the internet and word of mouth going around as fast as it does, this fiasco has cost Porsche many more thousands than it would have if they had just replaced Nick's car like they should have. How many sales have been lost? Porsche makes an average of 23k per car sold and probably more than that with the 991. What a disappointment.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:19 AM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 385 Likes on 164 Posts

I'm a current MBA student and although you don't have to be highly educated to realize how silly this whole ordeal has been, you do need to realize the monetary impact or the social media impact this will have on a brand; which costs $$$ in some form or another.

Ball seems to be in PCNA's court and they continue to drop it....is anyone playing?
Old 04-16-2014, 12:27 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Nick, that is beyond belief. To say you've been patient is a huge understatement. I hope you get this resolved to your satisfaction, and soon. Best of luck.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:29 AM
Flowmacks
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Zohan
this could be any one of us
That's what I keep thinking. I have a PCM rebooting issue, and a rattle in the corner of my dashboard. I'm avoiding taking it in after watching his videos. I don't want to start some chain reaction.

This has been terrible to watch. I'm sorry nick.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:30 AM
RichardC
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear this Nick. I hope things work out and Porsche does the right thing here.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:07 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

There is bad customer service, and then there is endangering the life of a customer. They completely crossed the line when they assured you the car was fixed and put you back in that thing that died on the freeway.

Drop it at the dealer - tell the GM you'll swap cars with him until you get your cash back or replacement.

In all seriousness, it is time for you use the lemon law to get your refund.

Good luck.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:22 AM
Mercel
Advanced

Originally Posted by Zohan
this could be any one of us
Very doubtful. The lemon laws would have produced cash or put most of us in a new car by now. It is simply inexplicable that this isn't working for Nick -- with or without PCNA's cooperation.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:40 AM
pt767
Instructor

Nick..you've been more than patient...I can tell you're finally pissed! Declare WAR!!!
Old 04-16-2014, 02:41 AM
VIC_50th
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Nick,
I add my voice to the tidal wave of support for you in this decidedly exasperating situation.
What is PAG's position in all of this?
Good luck as this continues to move forward - I sincerely hope the resolution is the one we all consider so obvious - full refund, or brand new car of equivalent value.

Cheers,
Martin
Old 04-16-2014, 03:05 AM
SmokinGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 115 Posts

Try this
wolfgang.porsche@porsche.de
Old 04-16-2014, 06:40 AM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 309 Likes on 184 Posts

Early 991s were called in on a campaign for an extensive refit of water sealing materials in the front of the car due to cases of water damage to electrical components. It involved a large box of parts, a thick factory instruction manual and a week for disassembly of body and insulation components at a factory certified body shop.

Assuming no other work was done to the car that could be a contributing factor, the reported problems sure look like exactly what one would expect if that job was needed and not done, or not done properly. Determining which would seem to be beyond what could occur in a negotiation or arbitration. And, at this point the damage to the car and damages due the driver seem to be beyond lemon law compensation. There should be ample physical evidence for a lawyer to use to assist.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:37 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

if ANYONE at PCNA brass saw this, they should immediately make a personal call, cut a chk plus 25% and give nick a car of his choice and bury this.... if this occurred in my company, I would have fired EVERYONE in the CS dept. what a disgrace......

u know this is the type of aggravation that leads to "going postal" and "random shootings".....

where is PCNA head quarter again?

Quick Reply: 991 issues update and lemon law filling new video