Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport Design Package or Full Leather Interior

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 02:38 AM
yonkers
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Full leather because you can always upgrade to sport design or some other exterior later.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:48 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by THPorsche
Actually, is "full leather" = everything in leather? When you look at the interior, I don't think some of the parts needs to be covered in leather, ie fusebox cover.
Herrgott, Mann. Es gibt nichts im Leben noch schöner als mit Ihren Fuse Box Abdeckung in Leder. Es ist auch das beste in einer anderen Farbe. Damit wird Ihr sonst langweilig Interieur Vielzahl hinzugefügt! Aber keine Sorge, dude, das Leder, gedeckte Sicherungskasten ist immer noch eine Option und nicht in "Vollleder" enthalten.

Grüße,
Eduardo
Carmel

PS And a great deal at only $380.
Attached Images  
Old 04-11-2014, 03:45 AM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by THPorsche
Com'on share the joy. Actually, is "full leather" = everything in leather? When you look at the interior, I don't think some of the parts needs to be covered in leather, ie fusebox cover.
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7740...explained.html

Suzy (via iOS app)
Old 04-11-2014, 06:04 AM
enzom
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

I have the sport design package and think the duck tail makes the car look great. I wouldn't replace my car with any 991 that didn't have a wing.

My car does not have full leather. I don't feel like I am missing something. Maybe with black interior it is not as pronounced.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:09 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

I'd choose the sportdesign package as it is on my list of things I didn't get and might get on a future one.
I do not have full leather interior either, but couldn't care less about that. I'm looking out of the car when driving. I hardly notice the difference anyway. Plus I do not want the extra wear and tear and upkeep that comes with a full leather interior.
YMMV
Old 04-11-2014, 10:26 AM
991999R
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Herrgott, Mann. Es gibt nichts im Leben noch schöner als mit Ihren Fuse Box Abdeckung in Leder. Es ist auch das beste in einer anderen Farbe. Damit wird Ihr sonst langweilig Interieur Vielzahl hinzugefügt! Aber keine Sorge, dude, das Leder, gedeckte Sicherungskasten ist immer noch eine Option und nicht in "Vollleder" enthalten.

Grüße,
Eduardo
Carmel

PS And a great deal at only $380.
10-4. the only leather i skimped on was the rearview mirror because with a black interior, it is a complete waste. if t'ain't gat no stitch then ain't worth havin
Old 04-11-2014, 11:56 AM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Giggspy
I don't think I am going to order BOSE since I'm not listening a lot of music in the car and I have PSE ordered, but do you guys think that the standard sound system is crap? I've never heard a standard system since every car on the lot has BOSE in them.
My car has the standard sound system. The Bose sounds better, but I don't like the way they tune the subwoofer, so I passed on it. The Bermester is excellent, but it's just too expensive. And really, these cars are kind of noisy on the road, so you're going to lose a lot of the subtle quality improvements that it provides.

The real question is whether to go with Sport Design Package or Full Leather Interior. I like the red and black two tone interior, but don't know how well the red leather will hold up long term and if it is a pain for upkeep.
I went with the full leather, and I love it. I think the SDP is a bit too over the top - although I do love the whale tail. I ordered just the SD mirrors.

The secret to keeping leather looking good is to keep it clean.

HTH.

Quick Reply: Sport Design Package or Full Leather Interior