Sport Design Package or Full Leather Interior

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 02:43 AM
Giggspy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport Design Package or Full Leather Interior

Hi All,

I've decided to order a C2S, I am planning to keep the car for a long time, and here's my build:
White or Racing Yellow
Decided Options:
20 inch wheels painted platinum
Sport Design Mirror
Delete Model Designation
ParkAssist with reversing camera
PDK, PSE, Sport Chorno
Sport design steering wheel
Instrument dial black
Premium package with power sport seats
Undecided Options:
Sport Design Package
Full Leather Interior with two tone red and black (black only if choose Racing yellow)
Bose Audio Package

I don't think I am going to order BOSE since I'm not listening a lot of music in the car and I have PSE ordered, but do you guys think that the standard sound system is crap? I've never heard a standard system since every car on the lot has BOSE in them.

The real question is whether to go with Sport Design Package or Full Leather Interior. I like the red and black two tone interior, but don't know how well the red leather will hold up long term and if it is a pain for upkeep.

As for sport design package, I like the looks, but I think at $5,700 here in Canada, it's really expensive just for a "body kit", and it also says the front spoiler will reduce the ground clearance significantly.

I would like to keep the car under 140k before tax, so I can order either full leather or Sport Design Package but not both, unless everyone is yelling at me to get both....

So, what do you guys think? Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers
Old 04-10-2014, 03:00 AM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Full leather. I am not a big fan of trying to make a car look faster than it is. If you want the racer look get a GT3 and be a lot closer to the real thing. With either of your car colors I'd prefer Espresso or Espresso/Cognac full leather. But if you like black/red, go for it. Yellow with black interior is always a great looking combination. I've never heard the standard stereo, but everything I've heard its very good and more than adequate for someone who will be enjoying driving sounds more than music anyway.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:07 AM
mb97tts
Racer

Sport Design all the way
Old 04-10-2014, 03:10 AM
mb97tts
Racer

We have white..

But yellow is awesome as well...

It's nice because most don't choose it...

And it looks so sweet.....
Old 04-10-2014, 03:11 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 129 Posts

I have almost all the same options.

My big 3 that I'm so glad I have are:

PDK
sport Chrono
PSE.

sit in a few different cars but I'm 100% sure I don't miss the full leather. Full leather dash, etc...
Just look at both. Or better yet blindfold yourself and try both. I'd be in a Bentley GT if I wanted it that plush.

PSE is a MUST!!! I'd stake my life on it.

As for SPORT design package. I SO wish I had the front bumper for sure. Not a huge fan of the duck tail but do like the other wing. It would make my car stand out a thousand feet away from the other 991's I come across. I may still go Suncoast and buy a sport design front bumper cover. I even went out and bought the SPASM front lip for $275 just to hold me over.

I also have the base stereo and am 100% satisfied with it. The Bose with all the settings just right sounds a bit better but not enough to spend the money. These are just my opinions.

I can go sit in my living room and listen to my McIntosh and my LP's on my dual with my JBL's if I want to enjoy some Rachmani, Chopin etc.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:47 AM
purrybonker
Pro

PSE = the days we put playing cards on our bike spokes when were kids.

My car came without it - I added it, now I never use it. I have put away childish things.

PDK = some form of transportation other than a sports car. I almost bought a PDK as being the highest form of automotive engineering accomplishment. I was confusedly compelled by the Germanic excellence of it.
Until I drove one - one block from the dealership I realized that the highest form of THAT particular style of driving was something with an AMG or Ferrari label attached to it.

I don't want an AMG nor do I want a (new) Ferrari. I am neither a track rat nor am I a real housewife of wherever and I have little interest in cruising boulevards.

I just want to drive a Porsche.

Interior of a car = something you live with every time you drive the car. I think it's at least as important as the outward appearance. Black? Sure, if you like a nifty silver/grey/black exterior like the rest of the folk in the matrix.

Otherwise, why not step up the game and go for the natural and/or two-tone combos? These things you will appreciate all the time while you drive it, not just when you glance back at your car in the parking lot.

Sport Design Package = something to let a cabriolet almost pull off the good looks of a GT3. Suits a cab. A coupe with SD package?

Get a GT3 otherwise you're just Ralph in Fonzie's leather jacket.

So my vote tally:

PDK - NO

Sport Chrono - YES

PSE - Meh.... (unless you drive through lots of tunnels and like to imagine everybody wishing they were you, right now!)

SD Package - YES, but better spent elsewhere unless you get a cab

Full Leather - Necessary evil to get more interior design choices.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:42 AM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by purrybonker

PSE = the days we put playing cards on our bike spokes when we were kids.

Get a GT3 otherwise you're just Ralph in Fonzie's leather jacket.

Old 04-10-2014, 06:55 AM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 319 Likes on 193 Posts

- Full leather fills out the "put the car on like glove" feeling, and with the sport steering wheel the rest of the trim pulls it all together.

- PDK used to be as irrelevant as extra aero on a car that won't be driven over 130 mph very often. Now it adds hugely to the dual nature of the 991 where you get to choose what you want the car to be, whenever you want, like getting two cars in one. But you have to drive it to understand its outright performance advantage, so it takes a little while.

- PSE is totally unnecessary, sort of like a Porsche. You can avoid the hassle of second guessing and deciding and installing later or order it now so you get all the grins possible from day one. PS it is WAY better than playing cards in your spokes.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:30 AM
trysixty
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mb97tts
Sport Design all the way
+1
Old 04-10-2014, 07:38 AM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

how about 50/ 50?

Old 04-10-2014, 07:58 AM
Thegman
Banned

SPORT DESIGN, really makes the appearance. Plus you don't see many of them. A very cool look!
Old 04-10-2014, 09:22 AM
Hothonda
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm biased...

5.75" clearance in front

Old 04-10-2014, 09:42 AM
addysdaddy
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me say again Steve, that is one beautiful ride. Not that I'm partial to white or anything. haha.

To OP, most of this comes down to personal taste. I opted for the full leather espresso/cognac over the exterior cosmetics. Not that I don't think it isn't great looking cause I do. Full leather gives the car a more luxurious feel/look whereas the standard interior perhaps a little racier if configured with that in mind. Just felt I had to make a choice.

Regarding the radio, generally I could care less but the standard issue is simply a joke imo - completely inadequate. I upgraded to the Bose which is perfectly fine and not completely outrageous. PSE is something that can be added later, albeit at slightly higher cost which is what I've opted to do. I'm almost positive I'm gong to buy into an exhaust, but there are several great systems out there worth considering so I opted to pay a little more and wait.

And I'll tell u what everyone keeps telling me - there are no bad choices here. Go with your gut feeling on all of these items, most likely the right decision.

Last edited by addysdaddy; 04-10-2014 at 02:54 PM.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:59 AM
Ma991
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 4 Posts

Both are great options. Sport design can be added later, leather cannot. It's your car, get what you want.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:22 AM
991999R
Rennlist Member

leather+bose

Quick Reply: Sport Design Package or Full Leather Interior