Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts

Neither.

It fell off the truck.
Old 05-04-2019, 12:21 AM
Aatish
Rennlist Member

In regards to the market talk, investing, debt/opportunity cost debate....at the end of the day it's all about a persons ability to handle risk.

With financing, you're taking on debt. Some people finance cuz they wanna use the money else where. Some people finance cuz they don't have 100k+ lying around to spend on a car...but they also don't wanna wait till their XX amount of years old. It's a form of taking on risk at the end of the day.

If you pay cash for your car, I see that as low risk. Not really taking on debt or anything directly by accomplishing task (unless you're using your kids college fund on this...in which case LOL).

Some people invest in low cost ETFs and Vanguard funds. Some people buy metal. Some people stuff mattresses. Idiots like me think they know how to trade oil (in reality it's just gambling). There's winners, there's losers.

Ya'll drive Porsches. Chillax and enjoy the cars.
Old 05-04-2019, 08:21 AM
good2go
Pro

Received 159 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Aatish
In regards to the market talk, investing, debt/opportunity cost debate....at the end of the day it's all about a persons ability to handle risk.

With financing, you're taking on debt. Some people finance cuz they wanna use the money else where. Some people finance cuz they don't have 100k+ lying around to spend on a car...but they also don't wanna wait till their XX amount of years old. It's a form of taking on risk at the end of the day.

If you pay cash for your car, I see that as low risk. Not really taking on debt or anything directly by accomplishing task (unless you're using your kids college fund on this...in which case LOL).

Some people invest in low cost ETFs and Vanguard funds. Some people buy metal. Some people stuff mattresses. Idiots like me think they know how to trade oil (in reality it's just gambling). There's winners, there's losers.

^^^*
Old 05-04-2019, 08:48 AM
Gh0st0
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Aatish

+2 , I hear the investment angle a lot but not the mention of capital gains from said investment. Unless everyone has a way of pulling that money (lets say 8% return over 4 years) without paying taxes after 4 years.
Old 05-04-2019, 09:49 AM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Gh0st0
+2 , I hear the investment angle a lot but not the mention of capital gains from said investment. Unless everyone has a way of pulling that money (lets say 8% return over 4 years) without paying taxes after 4 years.
Love paying taxes on gains!!. Beats the hell out of having no gains.
Old 05-04-2019, 11:52 AM
Aatish
Rennlist Member

Everybody likes giving advice. Few actually follow it.

If somebody wants to see a trade slip or quarterly report, in regards to some trade or strategy I got no issue showing it. Just don't flip on me lol.

Most people lose money in the market (funds and ETFs are a different story). They hear such and such invested in AAPL/RIGS/TLRY etc.. and made a boat load of money in 4 days. So they open a Robinhood account, put $200 into some random stock thats cheap, and wait with the expectation that the $200 is going to magically become $10,000 in 2 days. Then they start seeing it drop, the Robinhood account looks red, and their $200 is worth only $185.

"Oh no!! I'm losing money. F this. This is rigged. I'm just gonna spend my money on fireball and Chainsmoker concerts"

They pull their money and do exactly that, and are left with negative connotation.

Done with my rant.

Everybody should think through their actions before acting. Do I really want that ice cream cone? Is it really worth $1.75? McDonalds sell an ice cream cone for $0.59!! Is it worth it? (Yes, ice cream is always worth it).
AND, ya'll should commit to an action before engaging in such deep contemplation.

Actually want an ice cream cone before you spend hours thinking about the economics of it. If you ain't gonna do anything, then go do something else. Go read a book. Time is limited.

Quick Reply: did you pay Cash Finance or Lease