Sponsored by:

In the future...

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 07:10 PM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,021 Likes on 545 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck911
They also have the new Porsche Matrix Simulator adaptor that goes directly into the medulla oblongata. With PMS feeding straight into your skull its amazing how "connected" you will feel!
I personally would skip PMS since I do not believe their research into neuropsychiatric connection into the brain stem is completely proven. They should have just started with tapping into the sympathetic nervous system for that adrenaline rush. I guess their laywers were concerned with the immediate effect on the cardiac output. IMO, I do not believe Porsche has done their homework into potential long term influence on neuroplasticity.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:41 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Dyim
I personally would skip PMS since I do not believe their research into neuropsychiatric connection into the brain stem is completely proven. They should have just started with tapping into the sympathetic nervous system for that adrenaline rush. I guess their laywers were concerned with the immediate effect on the cardiac output. IMO, I do not believe Porsche has done their homework into potential long term influence on neuroplasticity.

Just my 2 cents.
Sounds to me like someone's OTR about PMS.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:44 PM
meine911
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So what's better - the MSM (manual shift modulator) or PDKS (pretend double klutch simulator)?
Old 11-09-2013, 08:54 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Is that PDKS with the standard pedals or forged aluminum?
Old 11-09-2013, 08:59 PM
meine911
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck911
Is that PDKS with the standard pedals or forged aluminum?
Depends on what 3D printer capabilities your dealer has.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:57 AM
wogamax
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
850hp Electric Racing Car: Driving the Drayson B12/69EV -- /CHRIS HARRIS ON CARS - YouTube

(or if it is too "uninvolving", just see the numbers at the end)
Yeah, I think Harris' reaction seemed plenty "involved", to me. Then he ends it suggesting sound simulation ought to be a goal? Maybe, for the fans. My take is 4,000lbs of torque may add more driver smiles than the lack sound takes away. It's a big mistake to think the whole electric thing isn't visceral. "Dull" looked like it would have been the last word on his mind.

Whoever thinks oil production is about to kill the EV/PHEV movement, it will need to take gasoline down the kwh equivalent of about a buck fifty a gallon. We imported 8million barrels of oil in August, despite Bakken, etc. We exported 67,000 barrels and tapped US deposits for 7.5million. We get, and PAY, the global price for oil, while all that frack gas piles up, keeping continent-locked prices near ~$4mmbtu. That is bubbling up through electric rates and fleet LNG trucks. It will be years before we export even 5bcf, of the 69bcf EIA says the US uses each day. -Start using numbers and you see it differently.

Anyone else see Pandora's Promise (enviros pitching nukes), speaking of nuke talk?

The only thing VW Group appears committed to is the limited battery storage that is beginning to show up in racing. Putting 10kwh batteries in 100k cars, with the way Porsche prices their options, is like a 5 gallon gas tank for a 500hp car. If it crimps margin, it goes. That may change, and hopefully it will be just another flavor of ice cream. There can be a bright side.
Old 11-10-2013, 02:37 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Yeah, see my post #2:
Sigh. Agree.
But its a ways off yet. Major pre-requisite is extensive development of nuclear power. Until then expect to see a lot more hybrids.
If people weren't so incredibly irrational we'd probably have been driving electric cars with suitcase size sealed and maintenance free reactors a dozen years or more by now. It powers France, provides what about 20% of US electricity, is used safely on aircraft carriers, submarines and spacecraft. It can't power a car? It could in a year if we'd all just get out of the way and let Silicon Valley do its thing.

Quick Reply: In the future...