Sponsored by:

991 Dual personality build - options??

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 04:11 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by amdave
I had the extreme pleasure of driving the base and S cab yesterday extensively.

Both are amazing cars, but I realized that the car is already very comfy and plush without all the extra interior options.
Its easy to take so much of what Porsche provides for granted, and forget that even a basic no options base 991 is an amazing, comfy, plush world-class ride. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:31 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck911
Its easy to take so much of what Porsche provides for granted, and forget that even a basic no options base 991 is an amazing, comfy, plush world-class ride. Thanks for the reminder.
Haha you're absolutely right. Actually I knew it, but I'm quite greedy

Suzy991
Old 10-21-2013, 04:58 PM
amdave
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My current daily is a Lexus LS460 and the 991 base cab interior felt just as nice imo. Which is amazing to me for a high end sports car!!
Old 10-21-2013, 05:58 PM
Augustomf
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Both are amazing cars, but I realized that the car is already very comfy and plush without all the extra interior options. I also liked the slightly more sporty look and feel of the S just a touch more. Especially I loved the wheels, red calipers and PASM the most!

So I'm now set on either finding or ordering a low optioned S Cab!!

I think I'd be happy w minimal interior options and just PDK, SC, PSE and the sport steering wheel!

Any advice on how to best search for this car off the lot someplace ??

Thanks again!

Interior option on a CAB, always nice to have heated seats for the winter and ventilated seats for the summer. I really enjoy the ventilated seats on my coupe.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:40 PM
mrstep
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Augustomf
Interior option on a CAB, always nice to have heated seats for the winter and ventilated seats for the summer. I really enjoy the ventilated seats on my coupe.
Lol - those ventilated seats just spoil you., I'll never get another car without them!

Otherwise... The interior is really just great overall (heated seats, leather package), love the PDLS on windy roads at night, am willing to overlook the fact that the PCM insists on showing the wrong album covers for my tunes (!? - it mostly shows albums that I played days ago),... But I have to say, the standard speakers are pretty terrible and disappointing considering how good the rest of it is.

I still wouldn't spring for the Burmester - I'd rather put that money into my home setup at that point - but the default speakers just are really tinny and lack bass as well. You can play around with the settings, it really doesn't help. So if you're going to be on long trips or many hours in commuting and are planning on listening to music, you may want to option up there... Or plan on listening to the engine more.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:58 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 129 Posts

Both are amazing cars, but I realized that the car is already very comfy and plush without all the extra interior options. I also liked the slightly more sporty look and feel of the S just a touch more. Especially I loved the wheels, red calipers and PASM the most!

So I'm now set on either finding or ordering a low optioned S Cab!!

I think I'd be happy w minimal interior options and just PDK, SC, PSE and the sport steering wheel!

Any advice on how to best search for this car off the lot someplace ??

Thanks again!

Hey!

That's what I said in post #12!

You will be totally happy with just an S Cab with PDK!

Go ahead an spluge on the PSE if you want.

I drive my car in Sport with the PSE on about 80% of the time!
Old 10-22-2013, 01:13 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

I got lucky and got a late 13 build (May) off the lot and saved some dough.

I wanted to keep my out the door price under $110.

The three most important items to me on my C2S were:

PDK
Sport Chrono
PSE.

I would have been totally happy with the 20" Carrera S wheel but this car had the 20 inch Carrera Classic wheel.
smoking package... ok it has a cigarette lighter at the bottom of the console. It was free.
Park Assist frnt and rear. didn't need it but ok.
Sunroof in glass. Didn't need to be glass. You're getting a Cab so that doesn't matter.
Sport design steering wheel. Do like the paddles there
Bi-Xenon headlights on Black incl. PDLS

So if you shop around I bet you can find a low optioned S Cab with what you want and save close to $7-10K.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:33 AM
amdave
Intermediate

How does dealing witth an out of state dealer work? Do I need to physically fly out there or what are the logistics of getting the car to my house? ?
Old 10-22-2013, 12:42 PM
Augustomf
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MarcusG
I got lucky and got a late 13 build (May) off the lot and saved some dough.

I wanted to keep my out the door price under $110.

The three most important items to me on my C2S were:

PDK
Sport Chrono
PSE.

I would have been totally happy with the 20" Carrera S wheel but this car had the 20 inch Carrera Classic wheel.
smoking package... ok it has a cigarette lighter at the bottom of the console. It was free.
Park Assist frnt and rear. didn't need it but ok.
Sunroof in glass. Didn't need to be glass. You're getting a Cab so that doesn't matter.
Sport design steering wheel. Do like the paddles there
Bi-Xenon headlights on Black incl. PDLS

So if you shop around I bet you can find a low optioned S Cab with what you want and save close to $7-10K.

You got one of the nicest wheels congrats. How's the glass sunroof any hoter inside than the standard one?
Old 10-22-2013, 01:28 PM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

How does dealing witth an out of state dealer work? Do I need to physically fly out there or what are the logistics of getting the car to my house? ?

Other than not paying sales tax up front if you buy it in the right state there isn't any difference than buying where you live.

If you do your homework I guarantee you will find a low optioned S Cab 2013 just the way you want and save some money. They are out there. You need to hop on different dealer websites.

The salesmen call cars with lots of options "heavy" here in California. Go find a "light" one!
Old 10-22-2013, 01:35 PM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Augustomf
You got one of the nicest wheels congrats. How's the glass sunroof any hoter inside than the standard one?
Thanks!
With the sun shade closed I can't really tell the difference between a glass sunroof and one that's not glass. I spent a good amount of time over the last few months at different dealers sitting in and driving different cars on So. Cal. 100 degree days in the afternoon.
There is a 4S in black at the dealer I picked mine up from with no sunroof and I really liked it. The car just looks like it means business. It has PDK,SC,PSE and carbon with the standard 20" Carrera wheels. I was so tempted. No sunroof and the interior temperature felt the same as in mine.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:52 PM
amdave
Intermediate

What about delivery of the vehicle? Will they transport to a local dealer or direct to your home?? I have no interest in driving back from a far away dealership.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:00 PM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

A dependable transportation co. will charge around $1,000 cross country. Some are even more competitive. Over the last decade I've bought cars as far away from New York and had them delivered to my door without incident. I don't know if a dealer would deliver you a car for free even if you just purchased it from them but you never know.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:22 AM
Naushaud
Intermediate

I went through the same dilemma with my 3.4, really wanted a jeckyl and hyde car. I went with SC and PDK for the performance side and threw in luxuries like the multi-purpose steering wheel for the heated wheel option. It's a little more luxurious and really glad i have it in the winter.

I'm looking to order a 991 base cabrio in the near future. My desire is to build a car that has all the comforts/luxuries needed to be my daily for a long commute I have, while having a second personality of a fast, fun, family friendly sports car in which I can enjoy some spirited driving around the suburbs. Never gonna track the car or race in any fashion.

So far I have come up with:

Base model 991 Cabrio

Comfort/Luxury:

Full two tone leather interior.
14 - way seats
Premium package plus
Folding mirrors
Bose
Base 19" wheels (smoother ride in the base?)
Voice control (?)

Sporty:

PDK
PASM (?)
PSE
power steering plus
sport design steering wheel w paddles

Appreciate any thoughts/opinions - hoping to keep it around or below 120k MSRP.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: 991 Dual personality build - options??