Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BlendMount and 991

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 11:01 AM
Fünfzig
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@Jeffdehr - did you do the fuse cover OBD hole idea for Savvy? I just got my 991 and Savvy, and I am curious how this worked.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:03 PM
Jeffdehr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Fünfzig
@Jeffdehr - did you do the fuse cover OBD hole idea for Savvy? I just got my 991 and Savvy, and I am curious how this worked.
@Fünfzig - I bought an extra fuse cover and was going to cut a hole in it to use Savvy. While waiting for the cover to arrive I drove around without the cover and Savvy plugged in. I decided I didn't like Savvy since it stuck out too far. I ended up not using the Savvy, just hard wired it to the seat ventilation fuse and used original cover. Saavy's auto mute feature is nice, I use it in my DD Audi S6 but I didn't like the fit due to the location of the OBD port in the 991. By the way, you need the BOB with or without Saavy to avoid brown outs if you use auto start/stop system.

I have the extra fuse cover, it's beige. I'm happy to send it to you if you want it.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:04 PM
Jeffdehr
Rennlist Member

@Fünfzig - I bought an extra fuse cover and was going to cut a hole in it to use Savvy. While waiting for the cover to arrive I drove around without the cover and Savvy plugged in. I decided I didn't like Savvy since it stuck out too far. I ended up not using the Savvy, just hard wired it to the seat ventilation fuse and used original cover. Saavy's auto mute feature is nice, I use it in my DD Audi S6 but I didn't like the fit due to the location of the OBD port in the 991. By the way, you need the BOB with or without Saavy to avoid brown outs if you use auto start/stop system. I have the extra fuse cover, it's beige. I'm happy to send it to you if you want it.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:17 PM
ricm
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I just ordered a P-002-V.

"Friend" promo code is in effect for the 15% discount. I use a BM in my SUV but wondering to what degree it'll affect forward visibility in the 991. And it's not at all discreet from the outside! Suction mounting does tuck it up out of the way. We'll see.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:37 PM
ricm
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I completed the Blendmount hardwire. I used the empty seat ventilation fuse outlet (passenger footwell) and, like others, routed the wired around the head liner, side pillar and then swung it around the dashboard edges and dropped the wire directly into the fuse area.

Unlike my more accessible 997.2, the most difficult part was removing the carpeted panel - I ended up breaking a pin and irretrievably lost one of the velcro attachment pads down into the body. I wasn't able to remove the entire panel but was able to attach the ground wire via an adjacent bolt. After losing the velcro pad, I packed the adjacent voids with paper to avoid losing anymore bits. Is spite of the broken/lost parts the panel reattached with a minimum of slop.

It's nice not having to mess with a windshield mount, but the blend mount does affect forward vision, kind of in-your-face and very visible from the outside, so I may suction the V1 to the right of the rearview mirror.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:55 PM
Jeffdehr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ricm
It's nice not having to mess with a windshield mount, but the blend mount does affect forward vision, kind of in-your-face and very visible from the outside, so I may suction the V1 to the right of the rearview mirror.
I find the V1 is in my line of sight, especially during a right hand turn. And yes, it is very visible from the outside. As soon as the weather gets warmer I plan on removing the blend mount. I'm finding the V1 less and less useful.....it's certainly secondary to the waze app.
Old 07-24-2016, 04:12 PM
roadrat
Pro

Received 76 Likes on 42 Posts

Does anyone know if Blendmount makes a piece for the Passport Max (not the 2 or 360)? This detector has a different adapter "plug."
Old 07-25-2016, 03:40 PM
Jnosol
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts

My V1 and Blendmount setup below. I used fusetap to fuse slot D2 (switched fuse). Ran the V1 supplied wire along the pillar and mirror pieces. Clean and OEM look.

I also use V1connection LE with StealthAssist IOS App. This app acts as SAVVY and more.
Attached Images     

Quick Reply: BlendMount and 991