Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PDK Doughnut Mode Carrera vs GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 01:29 PM
Cogito_Ergo_Zoom
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

I have an S and was not able to get it to do this when I was experimenting with it several months ago. I'll try it again today.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:13 PM
handful
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SM_ATL
Paddles not required for simple donuts. Not an expert, but turn off all thenannies, just get the car to oversteer a bit and then floor it to make the rear break loose while making a very sharp turn. After that just follow your instinct to modulate the throttle and steering wheel angle. When you stop drifting and want to stop the car, you may want to go to neutral to avoid the risk to go backwards with a forward gear engaged.

Here are a few donuts I did with my first 991S last year just before I had to replace the tires. Did not try since then, I know it works and it really does not serve any purpose

What a hooligan!
Old 05-01-2013, 01:05 AM
Cogito_Ergo_Zoom
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by fbroen
This is not correct. You can pull both paddles at any time in any gear and get neutral in a C2 (S at least, don't think the C2 differs?). Another paddle (or shifter) pull gets you back in gear.
I stand corrected. I tried this again tonight and you are absolutely right it will go to neutral in any gear.

The clutch engagement is pretty soft when you select a gear again though. It will also not let you "drop the clutch" into 1st from a dead stop like you could in true manual. You have to use LC if you want to do that.

I'm guessing the GT3 will differ from ours in both of these ways, ie. the equivalent of sidestepping a clutch pedal in any situation / gear at anytime.

Quick Reply: PDK Doughnut Mode Carrera vs GT3?