Jaguar F Type vs. Carrera EVO track driving with Tiff Needell

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 03:38 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Jaguar F Type vs. Carrera EVO track driving with Tiff Needell

A quick blast around to compare the handling and lap times of the Cabrio's.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:54 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for that.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:10 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Good video. Thanks for posting!
Old 04-18-2013, 06:59 PM
jy2114
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would take a base Carrera over the Jag any day ...

Cheers

Last edited by jy2114; 08-26-2013 at 10:03 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:03 PM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't understand most of the internet reviews these days. Why must Chris Harris spend 75% of his review drifting. No one will be drifting the car when they buy it. Tiff doesn't usually drift as much, but this particular video was a little over the top on it. It seems that car reviews these days aren't so much actual reviews but just footage of burning rubber.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:55 PM
iambon
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 13 Posts

Not surprise but I hope they can race the F-Type V8 (495 HP) vs Carrera S (400 HP) and may be jaguar could have a chance.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:36 AM
Cogito_Ergo_Zoom
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Give me a break, this one was over before it began. This fat cat needs to find a scale and go on a diet.

Originally Posted by MayorAdamWest
I don't understand most of the internet reviews these days. Why must Chris Harris spend 75% of his review drifting. No one will be drifting the car when they buy it. Tiff doesn't usually drift as much, but this particular video was a little over the top on it. It seems that car reviews these days aren't so much actual reviews but just footage of burning rubber.
I love Chris and Tiff's reviews, but the drifting mania gets a little OTT sometimes.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:52 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ibnem2
I hate EVO and their pretentious presenters (no Jeremy Clarkson although he tries hard to copy him). As for the video, boring monologue / presentation ... but at as expected even a base Carrera kicks *** over the Jag.

Cheers
Hate. Pretentious. Boring. You must have somehow linked to the bizarro version. Tiff and Clarkson used to work together on 5th gear. Clarkson is the one who was drawn into the pretentious git "whatever the audience wants, I'll be their clown" pursuit of fame. Yes, he turned it into a 500 million viewer empire of advertising around the world, so no egg on his face, but but Tiff is not boring or pretentious, he's the pro driver who actually had a season as a formula 1 driver. He's driven some formidable cars and set some serious records.

Anyway, this was just him attending to business and showing a couple of similar cars in a light that's not often shone by anyone outside these few high profile celebrity auto review personality types.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:56 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cogito_Ergo_Zoom
Give me a break, this one was over before it began. This fat cat needs to find a scale and go on a diet.

I love Chris and Tiff's reviews, but the drifting mania gets a little OTT sometimes.
Agreed on all counts. There was a rash of "let's get silly" reviews a few years ago, but now it has become mandatory for every car review to show every car (even SUVs) in ridiculous, time-smoking oversteer. It's just a matter of time before some producer short on ideas at Top Gear says "let's do the episode with the bit titled 'can you drift a family minivan with a caravan on the back while James is in the caravan and tries to watch the tele and make a cuppa?'"

That said, if the Harris monkey doesn't actually spin a 991 GT3 on the Nurburgring while hooning around on a private test day, I'll be sorely disappointed.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:40 PM
clutchplate
Three Wheelin'

Received 944 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by MayorAdamWest
I see gray haired grandmothers drifting their Jaguars all the time. Seriously, I think they think it makes the videos more entertaining to watch.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:09 PM
WCE
User

Received 188 Likes on 91 Posts

These shows and videos are 90% entertainment and that's what they deliver while burning the rear tires off their loaner cars. What's even funnier is when they judge the "handling" of a car primarily on the ease they experience of holding a drift for the camera!
The reality is today you tend to get what you pay for and any high-end new car purchase is a safe bet for real world driving so pick your favorite brand/styling/price and features and have a ball!
Old 04-20-2013, 01:14 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 321 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by WCE
These shows and videos are 90% entertainment and that's what they deliver while burning the rear tires off their loaner cars. What's even funnier is when they judge the "handling" of a car primarily on the ease they experience of holding a drift for the camera!
The reality is today you tend to get what you pay for and any high-end new car purchase is a safe bet for real world driving so pick your favorite brand/styling/price and features and have a ball!
Try watching the video. Needle tells you when he is hooning and when he is driving for lap times. Anyone confused about his intent or skill or the quality of his journalism is indeed confused.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:13 PM
Cogito_Ergo_Zoom
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
That said, if the Harris monkey doesn't actually spin a 991 GT3 on the Nurburgring while hooning around on a private test day, I'll be sorely disappointed.
+1

Quick Reply: Jaguar F Type vs. Carrera EVO track driving with Tiff Needell