Sponsored by:

Why I orderd the Multi-function steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 11:35 PM
TTCarrera
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 97c2s993
I mentioned this in another post...I drove for a year with the Tiptro wheel and finally swapped to the Sports Design wheel a few weeks ago. Main points:
1) Personal preference but I didn't care for nor had the MF wheel. The stalk on the side or reach for the volume button was just fine for me;
2) I almost never used the Tiptro buttons. Now, I use the paddles at some point almost every time I drive the car, and have a Big grin on my face doing it (never used the shifter to shift btw);
3) the deal breaker for me was at a DE event when I accidentally hit the Tiptro button and upshifted...I was distracted from then on worried that I might do it again.
4) Sport Design wheel is thicker and narrower (better grip than the Tiptro wheel), cosmetically more appealing for me as it blends with the other dash and door metal accents (I have full leather).

Sport Design wheel and paddles for me.
What is a Tiptro wheel?
Old 04-22-2013, 08:15 AM
97c2s993
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

It's the standard wheel (not Sport Design) with the shift 'up/down' buttons on the sides (not paddles), but without the multi-function buttons (volume, phone, etc.). I call it Tiptro since its origin comes from the old 'Tiptronic' transmissions that introduced the shift buttons on the steering wheel on non-manual transmission cars, with the 993 model.

Quick Reply: Why I orderd the Multi-function steering wheel