Sponsored by:

C4S Recent Delivery: Pics and First Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 02:08 AM
SkandoSchwabe
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 9 Posts
Default C4S Recent Delivery: Pics and First Impressions

I recently took delivery of my C4S - what a great piece of engineering. I have attached some pics and wanted to share my first impressions of the build and the options I chose. I wanted to recreate a classic 911 look with the in my opinion required performance options.

Powerkit: seems to provide a very linear power delivery with an additional boost compared with base C4S above 5k RPM. The sound is more aggressive - similar to GT3. The extra power in combination with the 4 wheel drive's ability to put the power down gives an extraordinary sense of acceleration out of corners.

Sport PASM, no PDCC: For me just the right amount of body roll to give you the real feedback on how close you are to the limits in the turns. I prefer the regular suspension settings on public roads. The stiffer setting gives a bit of bump steer sensation on an uneven surface. Interestingly, when experiencing the front axis of the car bumping in fast uneven surface turns, I could not feel it at all through the steering wheel. This is a difference compared with the 997, which seems to give a bit better steering feedback. The lowered stance combined with the Sport Techno wheels is just right.

Got the PDK option since it is much better than me at switching gears. A first for me after having driven manuals all my life. I definitely prefer using the paddle shifters. The PDK indeed does a good job of selecting gears, but it can't read my mind (which is a good thing).

I'm very happy with the black / sand beige interior color combination with carbon fibre inserts and was pleasantly surprised by the deviating stitching on the dash and the doors.

Absolutely love the glass sunroof and the black headlights for its added contrast to my color scheme.

I added Rennline pedals, clear side markers, and a big P O R S C H E thing on the windscreen - may be a bit excessive but it is at least easy to remove if I get tired of it.

Comments or questions are very welcome!
Attached Images           
Old 03-25-2013, 02:29 AM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

A very nicely individualized build! Lots of nice touches. "Extraordinary", indeed! Enjoy!
Old 03-25-2013, 03:40 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

looks great, *** def looks wider.

my only pet peeve with porsche is when they do a wheel that bends/turns one way.. they dont make the opposite side.... opposite..

in my eyes the wheels should look the same on both sides.. and old brands like nissan and even honda would make reversed wheels for the opposite side.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:27 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
looks great, *** def looks wider.

my only pet peeve with porsche is when they do a wheel that bends/turns one way.. they dont make the opposite side.... opposite..

in my eyes the wheels should look the same on both sides.. and old brands like nissan and even honda would make reversed wheels for the opposite side.
993 and 996 turbo twist wheels are left/right. I guess the new sport techno wheel isn't. Personally, I'd happily run completely different wheels left and right (as was the fashion circa 2005.)

I remember having a corded rear at the track and ending up with the track wheels (after market) on the left and the street wheels on the right (passenger) and after a service, nobody at the dealer service department remarked on it. I wondered if they even noticed. They work in such a hurry. But if they make a mistake on a GT3 for the track, it's not like a Camry breaking down on the freeway, if a GT3 breaks down, it's off into the steel barriers at 120 mph. I never was confident they took it seriously.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:40 AM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

car looks great and thanks for the pics and writeup I think if you have a 4S with the powerkit you can put anything you like on your windscreen, hehehe.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:11 AM
evio
Instructor

Received 104 Likes on 47 Posts

That car is fricking awesome. I love the whole package. I have a white 991 with yachting blue guts but that looks great. Good luck
Old 03-25-2013, 09:12 AM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

windscreen decal is a touch too 'look at me' ...

but lovely colour combination
Old 03-25-2013, 10:04 AM
LonnieR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car looks great! It's yours and you have it look the way it makes you feel good.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:14 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Beautiful car, but wouldn't do the windshield decal.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:32 PM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sfo
windscreen decal is a touch too 'look at me' ...

but lovely colour combination
For me too. But, Congrats on the new car!!!
Old 03-25-2013, 12:44 PM
widers911
Burning Brakes

Received 224 Likes on 94 Posts

wow thats one hell of a build. gorgeous car and congrats!
Old 03-25-2013, 12:51 PM
jmct
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great - white with beige interior is a great combination - enjoy!!!
Old 03-25-2013, 12:55 PM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,027 Likes on 550 Posts

Congrats. Nice car and house.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:14 PM
handful
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

SkandoSchwabe - What a nice build! I look forward to your impressions of the X51 Power Kit. I too have the power kit, but I won't be taking delivery of mine until May/June. So in the meantime I'm going to have to live vicariously.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:27 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

That's an amazing looking package and congrats. I absolutely love that interior

Quick Reply: C4S Recent Delivery: Pics and First Impressions