Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C4S Recent Delivery: Pics and First Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 11:52 AM
SeaPors
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agree with all the observations so far. Beautiful 991 4S. Particularly like the black headlight frames and the two tone exterior that results from the glass sunroof. As you designed it, the contrasting colors work very well. I have been thinking of a 4S Cab but really like the look of the glass sunroof on a lighter color exterior.

As a former East Niner, I also love the neighborhood and the proximity of golf and tennis right out the back and front doors respectively. Great choices all around.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:10 PM
PCC
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Absolutely beautiful car. My only comment: I absolutely hate the PORSCHE on the windscreen. Way too cheesy for such a great car. Not a fan of the lettering on the lower doors either but I could live with that.

Just my $0.02 (only because you asked). Enjoy the car. Looks fantastic otherwise
Old 03-27-2013, 12:19 PM
naaranha
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Skandoschwabe, that is a amazing build! Love the carbon fibre, two tone interior with the deviated stitching. The black and white contrast looks great and the decals on the door looks much better than I thought it would. Can't wait to hear about the X51 package. Mine is a daily driver and don't plan to track it and therefore opted against it. But I still can't wait to see what your impressions will be outside of the break in period!
Old 03-27-2013, 12:26 PM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Saweeeeet!!!
Old 03-27-2013, 01:29 PM
David in Talent
Racer

I am curious why you went with the 4S versus S since you live in Arizona. Preference for wider body ? Handling wise many prefer the S to the 4S on dry roads. I have a 4S and live in Oregon and love the car, but I take it off the road in winter time so my next order will most likely be a 991S instead of 4S.
With all the electronic wizardry, the 4S seems to me to be a bit of overkill unless you drive in snow,etc. and drive year round . Comments?
Old 03-27-2013, 01:34 PM
David in Talent
Racer

I notice that you have the Sports Plus seats instead of the Adaptive Sports Seats. Does the passenger mirror tilt down when you select REVERSE gear?
Old 03-27-2013, 04:24 PM
SkandoSchwabe
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SeaPors
Agree with all the observations so far. Beautiful 991 4S. Particularly like the black headlight frames and the two tone exterior that results from the glass sunroof. As you designed it, the contrasting colors work very well. I have been thinking of a 4S Cab but really like the look of the glass sunroof on a lighter color exterior.

As a former East Niner, I also love the neighborhood and the proximity of golf and tennis right out the back and front doors respectively. Great choices all around.
SeaPors - thanks for your response. Love the area and the neighborhood - I regularly sneak out the back gate to hit ***** into the pond
Stop by next time you are in the neighborhood, you know where I live
Old 03-27-2013, 04:40 PM
SkandoSchwabe
Instructor

Originally Posted by David in Talent
I am curious why you went with the 4S versus S since you live in Arizona. Preference for wider body ? Handling wise many prefer the S to the 4S on dry roads. I have a 4S and live in Oregon and love the car, but I take it off the road in winter time so my next order will most likely be a 991S instead of 4S.
With all the electronic wizardry, the 4S seems to me to be a bit of overkill unless you drive in snow,etc. and drive year round . Comments?
The main reasons for picking the 4S over the 2S were:
1. Performance. Eventhough you basically get the same 0-60 and quartermile times under ideal conditions, the 4S puts the power down better in real world scenarios, in particular while accelerating out of a turn or accelerating on an uneven surface. In many cases the 4S achieves better track times than 2S. The performance of other 4WD cars like the GTR is partially attributed to the 4WD capability, but all of this this is of course not an exact science.
2. Looks. Love the wider body.
3. It actually snowed in the valley for the first time in 50+ years
Old 03-27-2013, 04:43 PM
SkandoSchwabe
Instructor

Originally Posted by David in Talent
I notice that you have the Sports Plus seats instead of the Adaptive Sports Seats. Does the passenger mirror tilt down when you select REVERSE gear?
Got the Sports Plus since they fit me quite well and I don't need adjustments. The mirror does not tilt, I assume you need the memory function for that?
Old 03-27-2013, 04:46 PM
SkandoSchwabe
Instructor

Originally Posted by PCC
Absolutely beautiful car. My only comment: I absolutely hate the PORSCHE on the windscreen. Way too cheesy for such a great car. Not a fan of the lettering on the lower doors either but I could live with that.

Just my $0.02 (only because you asked). Enjoy the car. Looks fantastic otherwise
Appreciate the feedback on the windscreen letters. I'm afraid my wife is in your camp so I can see where this is going.....
Old 03-27-2013, 05:27 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Not sure why people think the only reason to get the 4S is if you plan on driving in snow.

The Aventador is 4WD - not sure anybody is looking for that to be a snow car...
Old 03-27-2013, 05:29 PM
Maverick1
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Beautiful car inside and out.
However, the "Porsche" decal on the windshield makes you look like an "Attention *****" who never got enough love and attention as a child, trying desperately to make up for it with your car.
Personally I'd rip that off asap.
Attention is one of the reasons why I sold my Ariel Atom. I never bought it to get attention, but for the insane acceleration and handling performance.
Got real tired of the attention....everywhere I went crowds would gather round. Was fun in the beginning, but gets really old.
Enjoy your new toy.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:42 PM
SkandoSchwabe
Instructor

[QUOTE=Maverick1;10337404]Beautiful car inside and out.
However, the "Porsche" decal on the windshield makes you look like an "Attention *****" who never got enough love and attention as a child, trying desperately to make up for it with your car.

When I grew up we lived in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down t' mill, fourteen hours a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep wi' his belt.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:46 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 319 Likes on 193 Posts

[quote=SkandoSchwabe;10337776]
Originally Posted by Maverick1
Beautiful car inside and out.

When I grew up we lived in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down t' mill, fourteen hours a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep wi' his belt.
ROFL Perfect! PS yer wife is right.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:19 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 405 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by SkandoSchwabe
The main reasons for picking the 4S over the 2S were:
1. Performance. Eventhough you basically get the same 0-60 and quartermile times under ideal conditions, the 4S puts the power down better in real world scenarios, in particular while accelerating out of a turn or accelerating on an uneven surface. In many cases the 4S achieves better track times than 2S. The performance of other 4WD cars like the GTR is partially attributed to the 4WD capability, but all of this this is of course not an exact science.
2. Looks. Love the wider body.
3. It actually snowed in the valley for the first time in 50+ years
4S is great...but....it is not a better performer than the S. It does not achieve better lap times than the S. It is heavier and it understeers way more than the S. The S is a better performing car. I have a C4S and have driven the S as well. The C4S is a better and more trustworthy all weather car. It's wide look is also awesome. I am definitely not questioning your choice, its great, but to say it is a better performer is not true.

Quick Reply: C4S Recent Delivery: Pics and First Impressions