Sponsored by:

PSE install

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 11:47 PM
Amalgam
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
That is what the Porsche tech told me. The change from the oval pipes to the 4 round ones alone would be cool; I had not known about the advantage of the higher flow rate for the exhaust.
So I guess any kind of Gundo hack is not worth it on the 991?
Old 03-17-2013, 11:38 AM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 319 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by Amalgam
So I guess any kind of Gundo hack is not worth it on the 991?
I don't think the two are related. It is the center muffler from the S that is different.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:11 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Chuck - your exhaust sounded great! Good seeing you this weekend.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:45 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Chuck - your exhaust sounded great! Good seeing you this weekend.
TY Chris. Damn that looks good! And TY for the assistance with the clear side markers!!

Last edited by chuckbdc; 03-17-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:21 AM
Detroit Shooter
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Did a little driving

I did a little driving and because of the weather 20+ degrees F the P zeros would light up if I provoked them so I was not able to really push it. I find it very interesting that the car is quieter with PSE off then with the standard S exhaust. As it has been pointed out the sound symposer (sp?) is now off if it is not in sport or sport +. I am not sure how I feel about that. I believe that I will find that PSE off will be the exception. Maybe if there is a conversation or phone call going on it will be off.

I find I like the sound, could be louder. I'd like the burbles on decel to be louder for sure. I am actually considering changing the side mufflers to an aftermarket muffler, I'll give it some time to see who comes out with what and to check other peoples experiences.

The next step for me is to have the Belltronics STIR plus and Laser Interceptor I bought installed. I think I will have that done the last week in March.

I would also like to apologize to the whole country for the weather. Me buying a new Porsche has caused spring to come late. One year I bought a snow blower and it didn't snow so I must have caused this.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:36 AM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Originally Posted by Detroit Shooter
I

I would also like to apologize to the whole country for the weather. Me buying a new Porsche has caused spring to come late. One year I bought a snow blower and it didn't snow so I must have caused this.
Now I know why those cold fronts keep moving in.

I actually like the "no symposer" sport cruising option, but I also find myself with the button pushed most of the time. Judging from the reactions of onlookers the PSE sound is more subtle inside the car than from outside.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:23 PM
windboat
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

You are the one that has created a crappy weather forecast for this upcoming weekend (Friday, Saturday & Sunday) of rain, sleet, snow?, and freezing weather here in Georgia for the Peachstate PCA Club Race at Road Atlanta. You are going to have 150+ Porsche trackers very upset with you.

Enjoy your new PSE
Old 03-24-2013, 12:16 AM
Gruson
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the PSE. Not too loud either. I had a Fabspeed at one time on a 997 and that thing was really loud. Man, you gun the car and it would roar. Insane under over passes and tunnels! Check one out if you want it to be louder.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:18 PM
ArashApollo
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find it very interesting that the car is quieter with PSE off then with the standard S exhaust. As it has been pointed out the sound symposer (sp?) is now off if it is not in sport or sport +. I am not sure how I feel about that. I believe that I will find that PSE off will be the exception. Maybe if there is a conversation or phone call going on it will be off.
Isnt the sound symposer always off in normal mode, and always on in sport/sport+ mode? I thought PSE has nothing to do with the sound symposer.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:45 PM
vasilik
1st Gear

Just a reply to Chuckbdc about the 991 S muffler and installing it on a non-S 991.
The 991 S center muffler does not fit on a non-S car.
Because of the oval tips, the pipes come exactly in the middle of the space that you need for the tips.
The side mufflers are different between the S and non-S.
Thanks
Old 03-26-2013, 06:57 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Originally Posted by vasilik
Just a reply to Chuckbdc about the 991 S muffler and installing it on a non-S 991.
The 991 S center muffler does not fit on a non-S car.
Because of the oval tips, the pipes come exactly in the middle of the space that you need for the tips.
The side mufflers are different between the S and non-S.
Thanks
Oh. Well I guess unless someone wants the tips for looks, the rest is storage bin fodder.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:58 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

On sale. Cheapest I've ever seen it. Includes everything. Tips, console button, etc...! Just need to shop around for dealer install quote.

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU991PSE.html

Last edited by STG; 01-08-2016 at 10:57 AM.
Old 01-08-2016, 11:36 PM
satoru
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

PSE on my Macan build, never regretted ordering. You won't be disappointed. My Black Edition did not come with PSE but will be ordering from Sunset, they've got a great deal goin on now.
Old 01-09-2016, 07:01 PM
coreyco
Intermediate

Thanks STG!
Can anyone recommend a quality installer in the Los Angeles area?
Old 01-10-2016, 03:51 AM
JerryAlbee
Intermediate

Anyone got it installed in the Bay Area? How much?

Quick Reply: PSE install