Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone asked regarding Steering Wheel in Alcantara?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 01:21 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Question Has anyone asked regarding Steering Wheel in Alcantara?

I notice the option is available for Cayenne, Panamera, Boxster and Cayman.

but not listed online for the Carrera..

i assume they all use interchangeable wheels but curious if the 911 can be ordered w/ alcantara wheel (normal 911, not GT3)... is the option available but just not on config?

thank you.

Last edited by rijowysock; 03-12-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:34 PM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

it's for sale in the 991 section of Suncoast, if that means anything..I've got it in the wish list

Alcantara wheel 991 Suncoast
Old 03-12-2013, 01:42 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Nicoli35
it's for sale in the 991 section of Suncoast, if that means anything..I've got it in the wish list

Alcantara wheel 991 Suncoast
pricing is a little steeper than "ordering it"

to option on the config it's $290-450 depending on the vehicle.(but not listed for 991 in config). and multifunction is free/included with the cayenne/991..

also curious why one must "add" multi function to the wheel, in 997.2 days they realized you could just reuse your piece and sold just the multifunction for those wanting it. or just the wheel.. making it much cheaper to retrofit.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:04 PM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nod - I can't stomach the cost for multifunction Alcantara off the Suncoast site, it will stay on the wish list for the duration..
Old 03-12-2013, 02:06 PM
Alstoy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Riley-you getting back in the fold mate?
Old 03-12-2013, 02:12 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Alstoy
Riley-you getting back in the fold mate?
not sure where to go, i really enjoyed the 991... it's always been on back of mind to get another... i really enjoy the GT3 horsepower rating but wish the exterior was a little more radical (looks very close to the aero package for 991 carrera)

too many decisions, but the 991 chassis is my favorite of any vehicle recently driven (not including 458)
Old 03-12-2013, 02:20 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 320 Likes on 193 Posts

Lime green metalic? Can't be long before a carbon RS wing shows up.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:51 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
Lime green metalic? Can't be long before a carbon RS wing shows up.
i really liked the 997.2 RS wing and how you could swap the uprights to adjust height/angle.. also the design was very "minimalist"... the new wing is sexy and similar to non RS 997 GT3.. but i guess i wish more radical.. but then again they are trying to appeal to the masses.

the front/rear scoops in the bumpers at top i feel could be more exotic as well.. those are always my favorite part of the GT models along with the sexy center exhaust.

some sharkwerx pipes and such would really jazz up the vehicle.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:31 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

This should jazz it up nicely....

Last edited by chuck911; 01-28-2014 at 06:51 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:56 PM
SiNi
Instructor

Asked about it prior to finalising my order. It wasn't available at the time (October 2012) but they advised against it on cosmetic grounds. Thought there was nothing else to tie in with it!
Old 03-12-2013, 09:39 PM
aelia
Advanced

Ok here goes...

This subject is very sensitive for me because I have my car on order with Alcantara gear ***. I find it crazy that you wouldn't have an Alcantara steering wheel option in the configurator. So I thought I should be able to order it on Suncoast or the such but its not necessarily true. If you want the regular steering wheel in Alcantara they have that option. For those of you that have looked they use to have the option in Sport Design steering wheel but after my enquiry they have since removed, not their fault - good guys. The problem is that Porsche has not released a steering wheel with the correct model part number, so you are not guaranteed that it will fit and it is ordered from Germany, so no returns. $2k mistake, I cannot justify...

So what am I going to do to get a Sport Design steering wheel with Alcantara and I really want it to be the Sport Design steering wheel and not one of those other option steering wheels out there. The only option that is open to me is to use guys like Exclusive Option to take my actual steering wheel and replace the leather for Alcantara. That means I cannot actually get in my car for a week because it will not have a steering wheel. This again is turning into a logistical nightmare... I am trying to figure out to get a donor steering wheel to at least have a car.

It turns out the perfect interior for me is on the new GT3 with red stitching. And no, I am not going to buy one. I have waited long enough for my C4S.

Oh joy!!! I am sure there are more twists and turns...

If anyone has any viable options, I am all ears.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:03 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by aelia
Ok here goes...

This subject is very sensitive for me because I have my car on order with Alcantara gear ***. I find it crazy that you wouldn't have an Alcantara steering wheel option in the configurator. So I thought I should be able to order it on Suncoast or the such but its not necessarily true. If you want the regular steering wheel in Alcantara they have that option. For those of you that have looked they use to have the option in Sport Design steering wheel but after my enquiry they have since removed, not their fault - good guys. The problem is that Porsche has not released a steering wheel with the correct model part number, so you are not guaranteed that it will fit and it is ordered from Germany, so no returns. $2k mistake, I cannot justify...

So what am I going to do to get a Sport Design steering wheel with Alcantara and I really want it to be the Sport Design steering wheel and not one of those other option steering wheels out there. The only option that is open to me is to use guys like Exclusive Option to take my actual steering wheel and replace the leather for Alcantara. That means I cannot actually get in my car for a week because it will not have a steering wheel. This again is turning into a logistical nightmare... I am trying to figure out to get a donor steering wheel to at least have a car.

It turns out the perfect interior for me is on the new GT3 with red stitching. And no, I am not going to buy one. I have waited long enough for my C4S.

Oh joy!!! I am sure there are more twists and turns...

If anyone has any viable options, I am all ears.
in the 997.2 days lots of people swapped to a paddle setup when released and got rid of their push button pdk wheel.. i'm sure you could find someone in the 997 forum with a spare steering wheel...
Old 03-12-2013, 10:12 PM
aelia
Advanced

Sorry mate, went with a MT.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:00 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by aelia
Sorry mate, went with a MT.
can still borrow a "freebie" pdk steering wheel to drive in mean time, just saying their are extras out and about.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:35 PM
aelia
Advanced

It would be great to find a spare steering wheel to get this sorted. If you or anyone else a spare steering wheel please PM me...

Quick Reply: Has anyone asked regarding Steering Wheel in Alcantara?