Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is conventional wisdom on clear bra?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 10:32 PM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The Xpel full frontal wrap was a help in selling/trading the 997 4S, actually. The salesman followed all the wrapped edges and kept saying, "wow, they did a great job." It was pretty clear he'd be stressing that to the next buyer.

Last edited by Nicoli35; 01-07-2013 at 12:11 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:55 AM
jmct
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I spoke to a long-time body shop owner today about paint protection for my 991 when it arrives in March. I called him because he is on the manufacturers' websites for both 3M Ventureshield and Xpel. We spoke for about 20 minutes about his long history with body work and how he started using paint protection as soon as it came out.

FWIW, he told me he stopped recommending Ventureshield due to more customer complaints (slight yellowing or sometimes a slight white-opaqueness). He thinks Xpel ultimate is by far the best product out there now.

Just thought I'd mention.

Edit (March 11, 2013): I had Xpel installed and the person did not do a great job, there are a few airpockets, slight peeling and a slight crease. Separately, I heard that the Ventureshield yellowing that I mentioned in my post above no longer happens with the improvements they have made to the material, so the information I previously got does not seem compelling any more.

Last edited by jmct; 03-11-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:06 AM
RallyDogRacing
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my car done. Turned out to be basically $1800 which was $200 more than I was expecting. Initially I am not happy with the job done. I've been letting it sit for a couple days while it's rained like heck here in Houston. On Sat I'm going to mark up all the bad areas with blue tape and drive back to the dealer to see what they're going to do about it. For the premium I paid I can't accept some of the stuff I'm seeing.

Really disappointed, but as long as they work with me toward a solution it will get there.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:53 AM
mtbscott
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RallyDogRacing
Got my car done. Turned out to be basically $1800 which was $200 more than I was expecting. Initially I am not happy with the job done. I've been letting it sit for a couple days while it's rained like heck here in Houston. On Sat I'm going to mark up all the bad areas with blue tape and drive back to the dealer to see what they're going to do about it. For the premium I paid I can't accept some of the stuff I'm seeing.

Really disappointed, but as long as they work with me toward a solution it will get there.
Who ended up doing it?

Quick Reply: What is conventional wisdom on clear bra?