Sponsored by:

991 c2s cab order

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 01:23 PM
oldman40
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sfo
does not match .. aluminium trim is matt with fine lines, galvano is smooth and shiny.

bad clash.
great tip, thanks i'll add that option!
Old 11-15-2012, 02:07 PM
duxsi
Burning Brakes

Received 185 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by oldman40
Cool, and do you find that the mf stalk works pretty easily ergonomically?
Works well for me. Got used to it after a couple of days.
Push stalk away from you to select option..
Up and down to scroll through the menu options..
Pull stalk towards you to return to options..

Short video may be found here..
http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...nction-display
Old 11-15-2012, 02:54 PM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by duxsi
The MF stalk is shown in the right hand picture (to the lower right hand side of the steering wheel).

The stalk does not control the volume, which is controlled with the traditional button.

Attachment 680136
on 991, if you spec multi function s/wheel, you do not get the stalk for navigating the menu .. you can see in the pic of MFSW that it does not have a stalk on the right.

the left hand stalk is for cruise control
Old 11-15-2012, 04:19 PM
duxsi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sfo
on 991, if you spec multi function s/wheel, you do not get the stalk for navigating the menu .. you can see in the pic of MFSW that it does not have a stalk on the right.

the left hand stalk is for cruise control
Correct. When I said "MF stalk" I was referring to the Multifunction Stalk that comes with the Sports Steering wheel.

If you select the Multifunction Steering wheel, there is no stalk as all functionality resides on the Steering wheel itself.

Best of luck..
Old 11-15-2012, 07:25 PM
oldman40
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by duxsi
Correct. When I said "MF stalk" I was referring to the Multifunction Stalk that comes with the Sports Steering wheel.

If you select the Multifunction Steering wheel, there is no stalk as all functionality resides on the Steering wheel itself.

Best of luck..
duxsi, how often are you scrolling through options while driving? i figure it's probably not a frequent task, further making the mfsw unnecssary.

thanks for the useful advice,
Old 11-15-2012, 07:57 PM
shyong
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

duxsi, how often are you scrolling through options while driving? i figure it's probably not a frequent task, further making the mfsw unnecssary.

Actually, I use it pretty often going through the different screens while I'm driving or at a stoplight. Task made much easier using the mfsw vs. the stalk. Especially making and taking phone calls instead of using the PCM. After awhile it becomes instinctual to go by feel which I think makes it safer than fiddling with the PCM. Money well spent in my book.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:50 PM
oldman40
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sfo
from my 981 ..

sfo, nice ride! how do you like the brushed aluminum trim with the sportdesign wheel trim? any clash or does it blend well?
Old 11-16-2012, 07:44 AM
sfo
Burning Brakes

my 981 has gone .. I got a 7.2 GT3.

the trim on the SD s/w works OK with the standard plastic galvano trim, which is what is fitted on my 981.

I don't think trim on SD s/w would clash with aluminium trim though.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:28 AM
duxsi
Burning Brakes

duxsi, how often are you scrolling through options while driving? i figure it's probably not a frequent task, further making the mfsw unnecessary.

To be honest with you, not that much.
Mostly to change Satellite radio stations, or scroll through the data (tire pressure, oil, water, etc) to kill my boredom while waiting at traffic lights.

To my beadie eye (before I'm attacked by my brethren), the black plastic used on the MF steering literally looked like it came from an entry level VW.
Hence the Sport Steering with a stalk was an easy decision .

If possible, zip over to any local dealer to have a look for yourself. After all, these are all just personal preferences and opinions being expressed here..
Old 11-18-2012, 08:51 AM
oldman40
Rennlist Member

set on the exterior color, but having second thoughts about agate/pebble grey interior color. anyone seen a C2 cab platinum silver with black/platinum grey? local dealer doesnt have one. just wondering if pebble grey is too light colored?
Old 11-22-2012, 10:42 PM
rpilot
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

set on the exterior color, but having second thoughts about agate/pebble grey interior color. anyone seen a C2 cab platinum silver with black/platinum grey? local dealer doesnt have one. just wondering if pebble grey is too light colored?
I hate to tell you this, but if you haven't ordered yet, I do find it too light. My personal biggest concern would be keeping it clean. Black/Platinum is a better choice in this respect. Personally, I am trying to find out if I can get an all black interior with platinum headliner only via exclusive.

As far as the rest of your build, I would highly recommend updating the package to the one with the 18 way adaptive seats if you can swing it and also adding ventilated seats either a la carte or updating to the premium plus package.

I am debating the alu interior trim myself, I would second what others have mentioned... please order the center console in alu as well. I cannot say definitively one way or the other but it may clash with the Sportdesign wheel or it may not. It is some food for thought.

If you are getting the smoking package because you intend to smoke in the car or if you really need the powerpoint there for something, that in one thing. If you are getting it for the finished look, I would say to consider it a bit more as I think that space will come handy to leave some change, drop a receipt here or there or keep some nik naks around. There really is not a whole lot of storage space in the car and from a practical perspective it seems counter-intuitive to close it up.

Let us know what you finally decide.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:21 AM
oldman40
Rennlist Member

finally took delivery of my c2s cab! still in the break in period, but i'm blown away! definitely takes some time getting used to 7 gears...easy to get lost in that gear box at first! of course, i had fun playing with all 7 on the long ride home from the dealer.

ended up sticking with my plat silver 7mt with agate/pebble interior. added pse and sc based on great advice. a note to anyone lurking on an order. the agate/pebble interior is really special. agate really looks like the older version cocoa leather, just this really special chocolate color. as usual the pictures don't quite capture the tone and texture well but i was fortunately to see an example prior to my order. the pebble grey is just beautiful, but yeah it'll be a work in progress to see how well it keeps clean. the color combo won't work for all exterior colors but no question would be outstanding with gt silver, aqua blue, white, black, agate grey, anthracite brown, and of course plat silver imo!

well, the courtship is over and the love affair is in full swing! thanks again to all the rennlisters that gave me fantastic feedback!
Attached Images         
Old 03-17-2013, 01:55 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Congratulations. Love all of those extra leather options! Great to see they could match the deviating stitching from the standard two tone to the optional dash ventilation & center speaker trim! Outstanding specs!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Old 03-17-2013, 05:02 AM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you have a very special car here!! Wow - nicely spec'd.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:15 AM
sfo
Burning Brakes

lovely .. the leather sport seat backs are stunning

Quick Reply: 991 c2s cab order