Sponsored by:

991 c2s cab order

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 10:34 AM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,026 Likes on 549 Posts

Love the two tone!

I like the leather centre console trim instead of the silver one.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:38 PM
jmct
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Oldman40 - it looks great!!! The extra leather with the agate/pebble is stunning. I agree, that exterior/interior combination is very nice looking. And the MT, I'm always a little jealous when I see it...have fun!!!!!!
Old 03-17-2013, 01:26 PM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,026 Likes on 549 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Congratulations. Love all of those extra leather options! Great to see they could match the deviating stitching from the standard two tone to the optional dash ventilation & center speaker trim! Outstanding specs!

Saludos,
Eduardo
To oldman,

I love those extra deviating stitching. But can you see their reflection in the windshield like the problem with light colored dash? If so, is it bothersome?
Old 03-17-2013, 08:01 PM
oldman40
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Z356
Congratulations. Love all of those extra leather options! Great to see they could match the deviating stitching from the standard two tone to the optional dash ventilation & center speaker trim! Outstanding specs!

Saludos,
Eduardo
eduardo, this 991 is a descendant of your legendary thread "custom ordering a 991..." absolute thanks to you. i will add some pictures to that thread to continue to help others pick and choose the right options.

Originally Posted by Nicoli35
you have a very special car here!! Wow - nicely spec'd.
thanks nicoli! you have been a huge source of information for me! thanks for all the great referrals as well. i'll keep you up to date on all that!

Originally Posted by sfo
lovely .. the leather sport seat backs are stunning
sfo, haven't seen your name in a while, but i'm still grateful to you for the solid advice back during my order process in november!

Originally Posted by jmct
Hey Oldman40 - it looks great!!! The extra leather with the agate/pebble is stunning. I agree, that exterior/interior combination is very nice looking. And the MT, I'm always a little jealous when I see it...have fun!!!!!!
thank you jmct! we are finally over the hump! imho, there are no bad permutations in the 991!

Originally Posted by Dyim
To oldman,

I love those extra deviating stitching. But can you see their reflection in the windshield like the problem with light colored dash? If so, is it bothersome?
fortunately rain city usa in march hasnt offered any sunny days to test out the glare concern. but nothing at all noticeable during the day. the agate/chocolate dash probably absorbs most of the light that might cause that. i'll post more pics after the next sunny day...which ought to be in july or so...
Old 01-01-2014, 04:13 AM
DaveChapin
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 10 Posts

oldman40

Can you comment on how your Agate/PebbleGrey interior is holding up in the months since you got it? And the care you have been giving it?

I'm waiting for an allocation and trying to decide between Agate/Pebble or the Black/PlatGrey 2-tone options.

Thanks
dave
Old 01-01-2014, 04:49 AM
oldman40
Rennlist Member

Dave thanks for bumping this old post and letting me enjoy memory lane!

To answer your question, it is holding up beautifully!
I had it treated by my detailer immediately after delivery. The occasional sonax leather cleaner/conditioner touch up gets out coffee drips (I admit I keep a cup in the am) or my daughter's shoe marks on the back seat. I've had to do that maybe 3 times in 9 months. It is actually much less worry than I originally anticipated.

In retrospect, I don't regret this color combo at ALL, and enjoy it more and more every day. Not sure what exterior color you are getting, but imho this combo would look great with black, sapphire blue, agate, and of course, silver. It really POPS! If you have seen it in real life, and like it like I do, then I recommend you go for it.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:44 PM
DaveChapin
Advanced

Originally Posted by oldman40
Dave thanks for bumping this old post and letting me enjoy memory lane!
My pleasure!

Not sure what exterior color you are getting, but imho this combo would look great with black, sapphire blue, agate, and of course, silver. It really POPS! If you have seen it in real life, and like it like I do, then I recommend you go for it.
Here’s my problem:
- I Prefer metallic paints
- Favorite sports car color: yellow
- Favorite interior 991 option: 2-tone agate/pebble

So my ideal paint doesn’t exist: metallic yellow; and I’m afraid that the black/platinum 2-tone works best with a yellow exterior. I *do* think though that the agate/pebble is so sweet looking and just neutral enough that I may go that way anyway; plus I have seen yellow 991s w/ that interior. Was almost hoping you were going to say that pebble was a nightmare so my decision would be easier. Most likely I’ll chicken out and get black/platinum.

2nd favorite color is the Rhodium silver. But I have a silver car already, and ready for something different.

dave
Old 01-02-2014, 02:26 AM
oldman40
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DaveChapin
My pleasure!

Here’s my problem:
- I Prefer metallic paints
- Favorite sports car color: yellow
- Favorite interior 991 option: 2-tone agate/pebble

So my ideal paint doesn’t exist: metallic yellow; and I’m afraid that the black/platinum 2-tone works best with a yellow exterior. I *do* think though that the agate/pebble is so sweet looking and just neutral enough that I may go that way anyway; plus I have seen yellow 991s w/ that interior. Was almost hoping you were going to say that pebble was a nightmare so my decision would be easier. Most likely I’ll chicken out and get black/platinum.

2nd favorite color is the Rhodium silver. But I have a silver car already, and ready for something different.

dave
dave, love the yellow 991s, just awesome. run with me on this: if i were getting yellow exterior, i would go through porsche exclusive and get black/pebble two tone interior with deviated stitching absolutely everywhere in yellow, including the seats, dash, door balusters, storage compartment, rear tunnel etc... the pebble does go great with the yellow, it's just the agate that doesn't so if you substitute that for black leather, you've got yourself a one of a kind gorgeous 991. (your sa can help you with this)

on the other side, i simply find the plat grey very dark. dont be fooled by the internet pics that show it as "light colored". imho that grey doesnt fit well with yellow, i'd rather get it with all black. obviously your taste it all that matters, just my 2cents...i look forward to the awesome pics on delivery.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:26 AM
DaveChapin
Advanced

dave, love the yellow 991s, just awesome. run with me on this: if i were getting yellow exterior, i would go through porsche exclusive and get black/pebble two tone interior with deviated stitching absolutely everywhere in yellow, including the seats, dash, door balusters, storage compartment, rear tunnel etc... the pebble does go great with the yellow, it's just the agate that doesn't so if you substitute that for black leather, you've got yourself a one of a kind gorgeous 991. (your sa can help you with this)
That does sound pretty special... but Oh man, that would set back my delivery date by what? 5 months, more? I don't think I could handle that. Maybe by the time I can actually get to the head of the line and order, a black/pebble will be available w/o going Exclusive.

Quick Reply: 991 c2s cab order