Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Radar Detector on a 991 a problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 07:59 AM
holminator
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Social media has been manipulated before. Take a look at who's doing the successful videos. A lot of what I saw appeared to have some sort of corporate aspect to it or professional vid aspect and not much videos of the home pet on their account.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:33 PM
Detroit Shooter
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I would like to revisit this. You are saying with great certainty that is does not work based on a very old article that did not include any actual experimentation. The battery powered Lidar gun reads scattered reflections. Its output is limited.

He does not get into Laser diode based jammers which came out in 2006. The lack of information on Laser diode based devices points out how dated the old the article is.

My system is Laser Diode based (as are all the good systems). So I believe that direct transmission of a signal meant to confuse the lidar gun is easily possible.

Don't start saying the military wants to talk the people that can do that because it is a cop out. Guiding a missile and judging an object's speed is not the same thing. The goal of the device is to send out similar but conflicting signals which causes the processor to not be able to achieve a solution quickly. Sounds very doable to me. Does it work at every range, no. Is is technically feasible, I believe so.

If it was total BS there would be someone who tested it and found it to be total BS. I can not find that source so I believe you are wrong and the article that you use to debunk the technology is so dated it is useless and it has no experimentation to prove its theory.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:07 PM
PCC
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just go on youtube and look at some of the video testing. The jammers work very poorly if at all. I was gung ho to install such a system. Researched them all. In the end, I decided not to bother. The existing systems are a complete waste of money.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:33 PM
mtony
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Well I have had Laser jammers (Lidatek and Laser Interceptors) on all my cars since 2001 and have been hit by laser numerous times and have never received a ticket. I have seen the confused faces of the LEOs as I pass them as they shake and stare at their laser guns. That's enough evidence for me that they work.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:17 PM
holminator
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have none, been lased several times between Miami and Montreal since my first V1 install in the late 1990s and also have never received a ticket.

What is a control test?: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...0000416AAxbnzf
Old 05-20-2013, 09:37 PM
Zaim
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with will powers I had the laser interceptor jammers installed on my 991 along with bel stir plus totally stealth install with rear view mirror display ...it rocks if you're attentive
Old 05-20-2013, 11:54 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 152 Posts

If you are moving a lot faster than traffic you will get a ticket anyway. I run v-1s in my cars but they are all but useless. The only real remedy is stay less than 10 over and run with traffic.

Quick Reply: Installed Radar Detector on a 991 a problem