Sponsored by:

Prospective C2S config...

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 11:06 AM
kbalch
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by keithos27
I'd save and skip the power kit... Not sure how "useful" it is (if you see where the increases are in the power band).
My understanding is that the benefits would likely never be realized on the street. Certainly not sufficient to justify the expense. That's a lot of money for 30HP and some 'exclusive' badging.

Ken
Old 09-14-2012, 11:28 AM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 309 Likes on 184 Posts

Did you get the vented seats? I have then (first time) as they were on the floor car I purchased. Totally unexpected pleasure, use them aall the time- now on my automotive necessity list.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:35 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,433 Likes on 2,244 Posts

Originally Posted by kbalch
My understanding is that the benefits would likely never be realized on the street. Certainly not sufficient to justify the expense. That's a lot of money for 30HP and some 'exclusive' badging.

Ken
seriously think about the sport design aerokit and the paint to ext interior, I think the results would be spectacular, and more 'luxury' (certainly unique) than a lot of leather and wood... but that's me ... whatever you get it will be great
Old 09-14-2012, 11:52 AM
DBYT
Pro

I like the look, but wouldn't want to add any extra build time for the sake of stitching. Worth an inquiry, certainly.

Ken
As far as I know, no extra build time for deviated stitching.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:04 PM
keithos27
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

One thing that would deter me from doing ED... they require you to put a front license plate on your car to drive around Europe. If your state requires that when you're back state-side, no big deal. If not, you'll have two holes in your front bumper (or will have to get bumper plugs).
Old 09-14-2012, 03:08 PM
kbalch
Advanced

My understanding is that all US-bound front bumpers are drilled, thereby freeing Porsche from having to track states' various front plate requirements. As a FL resident, I don't need a front plate and would certainly prefer not have a drilled front bumper.

Have I misunderstood the situation? If I can avoid the bumper holes, I'd certainly forgo ED. I can go to Germany anytime I like on my own.

Ken
Old 09-14-2012, 03:13 PM
keithos27
Racer

I believe that is incorrect!
Old 09-14-2012, 03:14 PM
kbalch
Advanced

Great!! I'd love to be wrong about that one...

Ken
Old 09-14-2012, 10:29 PM
Rocket_boy
Burning Brakes

Received 326 Likes on 216 Posts

My understanding is that all US-bound front bumpers are drilled, thereby freeing Porsche from having to track states' various front plate requirements. As a FL resident, I don't need a front plate and would certainly prefer not have a drilled front bumper.

Have I misunderstood the situation? If I can avoid the bumper holes, I'd certainly forgo ED. I can go to Germany anytime I like on my own.

Ken
Not that I know of. The last two new Porsches I specifically told the dealer NOT to put the front plate holder on. Most good dealers don't do it until the customer asks for it anyway,....but I'm sure there are some drill happy dealers out there. So make it a point before the car actually shows up at the dealer that NO FRONT PLATE is to be installed.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:34 PM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

my '12.5 991S off the lot here has no holes and my salesman offered without being asked, and was very helpful, in suggesting alternative solutions to our state front plate mounting requirements.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:58 AM
kbalch
Advanced

Great news on the bumper hole situation. That, alone, is a great reason to avoid ED. I can check out the Porsche museum some other time.

Ken
Old 09-15-2012, 01:09 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,433 Likes on 2,244 Posts

Ken
The ED plates are glued on with double sided plates, Porsche does not drill the bumpers on any of their cars since they are delivered to various countries with differing plate dimensions, the drilling occurs (if at all) once the cars are stateside, usually by the dealer...
Old 09-15-2012, 01:36 PM
keithos27
Racer

^that's (good) news to me!!!
Old 10-04-2012, 10:54 AM
kbalch
Advanced

I just noticed this morning that there's a new color available, Amaranth Red Metallic. Now seriously thinking of changing my spec to this over an Espresso interior.

Totally different from dark blue over blue, but - wow...

Ken
Old 10-05-2012, 06:18 AM
ozdave
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Ken,

I would reconsider PDCC. I have SPASM and PDCC on mine and it's truly superb. I've driven a non-PDCC car both on road and track and there is a noticeable (positive) difference even in normal road driving. It's not an expensive option and I just can't see the downside in adding it. Others have commented that it reduces the "feel" of the car, but that's not my experience (at least in conjunction with the SPASM).

I would definitely add ventilated seats. In fact, this may be my favourite (non-performance) option. Simply magic in a hot climate!

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Prospective C2S config...