Prospective C2S config...

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 10:28 AM
kbalch
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ozdave
Hi Ken,

I would reconsider PDCC. I have SPASM and PDCC on mine and it's truly superb. I've driven a non-PDCC car both on road and track and there is a noticeable (positive) difference even in normal road driving. It's not an expensive option and I just can't see the downside in adding it. Others have commented that it reduces the "feel" of the car, but that's not my experience (at least in conjunction with the SPASM).

I would definitely add ventilated seats. In fact, this may be my favourite (non-performance) option. Simply magic in a hot climate!

Hope this helps.
Hi,

Thanks, I appreciate the data point. With respect to the PDCC, I'd like to drive the car both with and without, but that's not likely to be possible. It's a head-scratcher, that's for sure.

Believe me, living in central FL as I do, I'm really looking forward to the ventilated seats! They're included in the Premium Package Plus.

Current config: http://www.porsche-code.com/PDY5MP57

Ken
Old 10-07-2012, 11:43 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Hey Ken, this doesn't include all your options, just the appearance options you might like. One sweet looking ride! http://www.porsche-code.com/PDF95Z95
Old 10-07-2012, 11:54 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Whoops! Shoulda looked at your last post first! Now that I have, WOW! That is probably the nicest build I have seen yet!

Platinum finish wheels, maybe?
Old 10-08-2012, 02:17 AM
chuck911
Race Car

Ken, which Porsche location did you use to find Amaranth Red? I found it in Dubai, and Germany, but only Germany (so far that I have found!) includes this awesome Sport Techno Wheels painted Exterior Color option
http://www.porsche-code.com/PDHUE5X5
Sport Techno Wheels by the way are 1/2" wider front and rear, as well as being stronger and lighter than the other wheel options!
Old 10-08-2012, 09:51 AM
kbalch
Advanced

Originally Posted by chuck911
Hey Ken, this doesn't include all your options, just the appearance options you might like. One sweet looking ride! http://www.porsche-code.com/PDF95Z95
Hi Chuck,

Thanks for putting those together for me. I don't know why, but I'm just not big on the painted trim in the cabin. Call me crazy.

Ken
Old 10-08-2012, 09:52 AM
kbalch
Advanced

Whoops! Shoulda looked at your last post first! Now that I have, WOW! That is probably the nicest build I have seen yet!

Platinum finish wheels, maybe?
Thought about those, but think I like the look of the brighter ones better.

Ken
Old 10-08-2012, 09:58 AM
kbalch
Advanced

Ken, which Porsche location did you use to find Amaranth Red? I found it in Dubai, and Germany, but only Germany (so far that I have found!) includes this awesome Sport Techno Wheels painted Exterior Color option
http://www.porsche-code.com/PDHUE5X5
Sport Techno Wheels by the way are 1/2" wider front and rear, as well as being stronger and lighter than the other wheel options!
I found the color as a new addition to the standard US configurator. Amaranth Red made me think of the 1938 Triumph Speed Twin (I'm an old Brit bike guy), which is great, but I really need to see it in the metal before I pull the trigger.

Seeing it on a car is undoubtedly a long shot, but even one of the dealer sample plates would be good. I'll have to make a call when I can find a minute this week to see if it's in yet.

Sport Techno, eh? Intriguing...

Ken
Old 10-08-2012, 11:53 AM
IndyRob
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ) tunes?

Ken,

Like the combo. For as much as you are spending, you don't care about the sound system at all? I know the main "sound" system is the PSE. But sometimes just cruising along you don't want better sound. For that sticker price to not at least go with the Bose will make it harder to sell. You are loading it up, what is another 2k?

At resale time (even though I know you may keep a long time), all those options won't fetch much. You have 40% of the price of the car in options.

I do like that in each configuration though you stuck with the manual.

Something I read in the Christoporus magazine when the 991 was being unvailed from the chief engineer the interviewer asked, "what would you say are must have options?"...he replied the guys in corporate may steam at the answer but the car is perfect just in base form.

That influenced me slightly, kept the options to about 20k. I would have otherwise went bonkers too.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:39 PM
kbalch
Advanced

Hi Rob,

Fair points.

Originally Posted by IndyRob
Like the combo. For as much as you are spending, you don't care about the sound system at all? I know the main "sound" system is the PSE. But sometimes just cruising along you don't want better sound.
Honestly, I went back and forth over this many times. Base, Bose, and Burmester - over and over again. The truth is that I hardly ever listen to music in the car. I'll occasionally put on NPR or a football game, but that's about it.

For that sticker price to not at least go with the Bose will make it harder to sell. You are loading it up, what is another 2k?
It's not so much the money, of course, but the idea of getting it 'just to get it' (or, worse, 'getting it for the next guy') that made me opt for the base radio. I've been thinking about adding the Sirius antenna, solely for their traffic service, so maybe I'll just get the Bose after all. It's worth some further consideration.

I do like that in each configuration though you stuck with the manual.
Never in doubt. I have zero interest in a sports car with an auto of any sort, PDK defenders notwithstanding.

I'm still torn about the colors. I love the Dark Blue Metallic, but also love the Espresso natural leather - and they don't go together. It's a puzzler, that's for sure...

Ken
Old 10-08-2012, 12:42 PM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kbalch
I love the Dark Blue Metallic, but also love the Espresso natural leather - and they don't go together.
I think that they will go together .. there is sufficient contrast.

am a huge fan of espresso leather too
Old 10-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sfo
I think that they will go together .. there is sufficient contrast.

am a huge fan of espresso leather too
I get compliments on the Espresso natural leather all the time. Love it.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:45 PM
kbalch
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nicoli35
I get compliments on the Espresso natural leather all the time. Love it.
Great! Good to know.

Your car is black, right? If you've already shared some photos of the interior, could you link to them? If not, would you post a few? Thanks!

Ken
Old 10-08-2012, 02:48 PM
kbalch
Advanced

Nevermind. I found pics in another thread.

Your car is actually Anthracite. I missed it in the sig. Looks great!

Ken
Old 10-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kbalch
Great! Good to know.

Your car is black, right? If you've already shared some photos of the interior, could you link to them? If not, would you post a few? Thanks!

Ken
hehe - just added a bit to the sig to help - glad you found the pics..I don't have much of a photography setup here, our best camera is probably on the iPhone which isn't saying much

The flickr of the pics is here, but not enough interior shots. I need to get more of those. It just looks so much better in person I kind of gave up trying to capture it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3963286...7631458823076/
Old 10-08-2012, 02:55 PM
kbalch
Advanced

Do you agree that the Espresso will look good with the DBM?

My worry is that it'll be like wearing brown shoes with a navy suit. :-)

Ken

Quick Reply: Prospective C2S config...