Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 10:29 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default The 'Riviera Blau' of Greens...

Originally Posted by 694
Hello, I've seen...Riviera Blue...it's fantastic, very beautiful color, juicy
Color plays depending on the lighting, changing from juicy - to cream,
sometimes i want to touch, and it looks like a blue ice cream
color is worth it 100% - to pay for it

I'm ready to order it, but I love the color green

i read all (green color) post from Member Z356, many thanks !

Now available interesting green color for me

+ Signalgrun 22S
+ Grun 2D8
+ Vipergrun 225
+ Green Yellow Uni 137
+ Pure Green Y56
- Signalgrun W25 - not available

what is Green color more like a Riviera Blue?
i want Riviera Blue in Green color, Riviera Green
Green with the same brightness, saturation, and like magic cream Riviera Blue

i find green boxter on Porsche chanel
what is green color?

Thanks for the help
Welcome to Rennlist 694! You have a worthy goal: to find the exquisite & desirable 'Riviera Blue' king of Greens!

I believe that the 'Green' Boxster S on that video has quite a bit of blue tint in it, so it's probably 'Signal Green', color code 22S or 'Green/Grün', color code 2D8.

I have a 'Signal Green' color code 22S gt3 and it photographs milky green like that!

But even 'Viper Green', color code 225, has some blue tint in it...although much less than 'Green/Grün' and the current 'Signal Green'.

I have not seen ''Reingrün/Pure Green' in person yet. But from some photos I received it looks terrific and appears to have more yellow tint in it:

One of my favorite colors is 'Gelbgrün'. It has quite a bit of yellow...hence the name.

And, as many know, 'Lichtgrün/Birch Green' is a beautiful color too!

You want a yummy green ice cream (the 'Riviera Blau' of Greens), those last three might be it!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 07-06-2015, 02:58 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default 'Coppa Florio Blau'...request for PTS rejected!

Re-post from another thread...but PTS related!

Originally Posted by anonymous918

would have been such an awesome color for my GT3 RS or GT4
Originally Posted by raysmd
why not ask for clubblau?
because it is not the same as Coppa Florio blue?
True Dat...

'Coppa Florio Blau', color code 360 in case some folks don't know, was a PTS color used by 'Porsche Exclusive'
on a special & unique 993 gt2 done back in 1996 which is still remembered by some of us:

It was used even earlier in the 1970's on some PTS 911's. However, it's consider one of the rare colors
since most people never heard of it...much less requested the color often from Porsche or anyone else!

'Coppa Florio' is not to be confused with the famous 'Targa Florio', except they were created by the same man - Vincenzo Florio.
This Sicilian aristocrat, born in 1883, was an early enthusiast for the automobile. In 1904 he organized a race between Brescia,
Cremona, Mantova and back to Brescia. The race was called the 'Coppa Florio' and was won by Vincenzo Lancia at the wheel
of his Fiat. Vincenzo Florio himself took part in the race, driving a Mercedes. He finished third. The last 'Coppa Florio' took place
in 1929. In any case, the colors of the 'Coppa Florio' races were supposedly 'Gold & Light Blue'...hence the inspiration for the
PTS color 'Coppa Florio Blau'!

But enough of the history. I have some questions for Anonymous:

a) Where you the actual customer that requested 'Coppa Florio Blau' on the 991/981 and in whose name the feasibility study was performed?

b) Did you asked them that if instead of buying two (2) 918 Spyders you would have sprung for a third (3)....could they have gone ahead
and approved that damn color for you! I mean - wasn't buying two 918s enough to give you some clout at 'Porsche Exclusive'? VIPs today
are not what they used to be!

c) Have you considered 'Gulf Blau' or 'Aetna Blau'?

And remember that 'Meissen Blau' might be approved soon. They are all 'Variations on a Theme', to paraphrase the work of Johannes Brahms
based on the original music of Niccolò Paganini!

my heart is broken - she said no
She? Since when is Porsche, this ballsy Teutonic Juggernaut of an organization, referred to as a female? Are you sure it was not 'HE' who said "NEIN'!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 07-06-2015, 03:01 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Will the real 'Gelbgrün' please stand up...

Repost from another thread...but PTS related.

Originally Posted by Slip
Eduardo, yes, you're correct, I've seen the Gelbgrün in person and the rendering online was the closest I could find however it is not exactly the same. Agree that you need to see these colours for yourself before making any decisions. I think the same goes for the standard colours of orange and purple. There are so many over saturated / filtered pics floating around that it's hard to know exactly what you'll get.
That is right, Slip. Good for you for sorting it all out!

Originally Posted by NateOZ
...I don't pretend to know Slip's ordering process, but I order cars all the time without seeing them in person - it's part of the fun.

Here's the same 4.0 on the same day, different lighting or is this the true natural picture before they enhanced it? I'm putting my money on the later...

Originally Posted by NateOZ
Right - it's not the exact same picture, but it's the only one from the entire shoot that has that color to it. So I'm on the other side of this bet with the rest of the shoot being more true to modern Glebgrun. I believe they've tried to remove reflective effect of the modern paint to make it look more like the vintage color. My money is on the color being more like this on a 991 in bright light and more like the one you posted in the shade/indoors. Again, just my view so people need to do their own diligence with their orders. This one actually shows it pretty well, you can see where the shadows hit the car it looks more green and less yellow.

I am trying to shed light on these colors so that Rennlisters get an opportunity to consider these various PTS possibilities. I can't let this topic dropped without pointing what I know about 'Gelbgrün', color code 137, so that it can help set the record straight. First some background on the particular vehicle that has been the subject of our recent discussion. It is a .2 997 gt3 RS 4.0, #001 of the 600 Limited Edition series. It was custom ordered in PTS 'Gelbgrün', color code 137, by its owner, Teamspeed member 'BluScorpio':

http://teamspeed.com/forums/gt/67973...-rs-4-0-a.html

The owner posted this photo of the 'Gelbgrün' color sample he was shown by Porsche during his visit to 'Porsche Exclusive' in Germany and which he used to decide what to order on his RS:

Here are photos after the 'Gelbgrün' arrived in SouthEast Asia:

So far, so good. Then the owner takes this photo in the sun, which is a
total technical 'fail' if you ask any professional photographer.

And he apparently has a professional photo shoot done on his gt3 RS which is posted at another thread in Teamspeed.

http://teamspeed.com/forums/gt/71560...001-600-a.html

This is where the controversy on the color begins and the reason Nate & I are having this discussion!

As a consumer of information, you will have to decide what to believe about 'Gelbgrün'. I know the color well and it looks like this 1974 911:

It looks like this color sample, color code 137, supplied by someone that was considering it:

And it looks like this color sample supplied to the owner of the 4.0 by Porsche itself when he visited Zuffenhausen:

So, in summary, if Nate & perhaps others want to believe 'Gelbgrün' actually looks more like this digitally manipulated, metallic-looking photographs taken during the dramatic photo shoot...go right ahead!

Nate is not ordering a PTS 'Gelbgrün' on his 991 gt3 RS (it will be 'Viper Green'), so he can afford to be somewhat 'glib' about this particular 'grün'! But if you, on the other hand, are seriously considering 'Gelbgrün', you need to have all the facts at your disposal so that you can make an intelligent choice on this both historic & stunning solid green color! So caveat lector.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 07-06-2015, 01:25 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 684 Likes on 377 Posts

How would I find out if I could order a Macan in GT Silver?
Old 07-07-2015, 08:26 AM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Racing Yellow and Birch Green comparisons

For those looking at these two colours, here are some shots when Mike "981GT4" from Seattle came for a visit. Thanks Mike!

https://flic.kr/s/aHskfycrYs
Old 07-07-2015, 08:44 AM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Jup Jai, PLEASE let me know if you ever want to sell that car. To my eye, it's the best 991 on RL. You did a great job on that spec.

And btw, I'm a huge S4 fan. It's such a sleeper of a car. It must be spectacular in Solar Orange.
Old 07-07-2015, 02:42 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default PTS Window...and the PTS time requirement on orders!

A repost from another thread...but it's worth repeating often on this subject of PTS!

Originally Posted by tbc417
Given the PTS is now available does anyone know the PTS window or can you get PTS with any build date?
In the recent past, PAG has required at least a minimum of 3 months from the day your PTS custom order is entered into PCNA/PAG order bank computers until the scheduled day of production! That is assuming, of course, that you are choosing an already approved PTS color!

So if your dealer entered your order with PCNA/PAG on September 1, 2015, expect your production date to be after December 1, 2015. And so your dealer allocation needs also be for that December month too! Porsche will usually work that out with your dealer, but not always*. If for whatever reason (e.g. high demand) PTS production schedules are full for December, your PTS build could be pushed into later months.

The PTS 'window' refers only to when PCNA/PAG will allow a dealer to order a PTS custom order in the ordering system. The PTS 'window' might close on some near future date...but if your dealer placed the order during the open PTS 'window' timeframe, your PTS build should be honored! And it will be built past when the PTS window itself closes. The key is to get your order 'in' during the period the PTS window is 'Open'.

*Some smaller dealers might not allow you to take up a valuable allocation for PTS if it delays production since they are counting on that sale & cash-flow earlier on their books. Or if PAG is not interested in too many PTS cars all bunching up in production, it might itself denied your dealer the ability to move his earlier allocation to one that coincides with the required 3 month delay in production.

As we move into the changing .2 facelift schedules for the 991 and 981 in the fall of 2015 & early months of 2016, PAG might altered the normal PTS schedules (make it more difficult & inaccessible) to simplify their production scheduling. PTS at Porsche is a complicated & often moving target...so caveat lector.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 07-07-2015, 03:33 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
So if your dealer entered your order with PCNA/PAG on September 1, 2015, expect your production date to be after December 1, 2015. And so your dealer allocation needs also be for that December month too!
Eduardo, when I was looking into PTS last summer, my dealer told me that I'd have to order within the PTS window and that the order would need to be against a current allocation. That allocation would then be moved to whatever month the PTS car would be built. So in your example, my PTS order would have been against a September allocation, but that allocation would be moved to, and would not be built until at least December. The delay of a current allocation was one of the reasons that they were reluctant to enter PTS orders. Is that possibly correct?
Old 07-07-2015, 05:56 PM
Puf n Stuf
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd be interested to learn how long people are waiting for their recent PTS orders. My deposit for a pre-approved PTS (GTS flavour) was made early May but my build is scheduled mid-November.

When I look at the the UK configurator today, the PTS options are missing. Does this mean that the PTS window has now closed?

Old 07-07-2015, 07:10 PM
reuben991
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Puf n Stuf
I'd be interested to learn how long people are waiting for their recent PTS orders. My deposit for a pre-approved PTS (GTS flavour) was made early May but my build is scheduled mid-November.
Similar here: Order placed with deposit (dealer had an allocation) at the end of May for a Mexico Blue GTS coupe which is scheduled for body shop entry on Nov 14.

When I look at the the UK configurator today, the PTS options are missing. Does this mean that the PTS window has now closed?

The US configurator is still showing Custom Color options (PTS) but logically that should disappear soon assuming the current model (991.1) is not being produced after December 2014...
Old 07-07-2015, 08:28 PM
mopgcw
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hinckley
Eduardo, when I was looking into PTS last summer, my dealer told me that I'd have to order within the PTS window and that the order would need to be against a current allocation. That allocation would then be moved to whatever month the PTS car would be built. So in your example, my PTS order would have been against a September allocation, but that allocation would be moved to, and would not be built until at least December. The delay of a current allocation was one of the reasons that they were reluctant to enter PTS orders. Is that possibly correct?
that is what happened with my order for a 981 PTS/LTS. dealer had an allocation, but had to get approval from Germany to match it up with the PTS timing to get the stars aligned property. Took about a week for Germany to approve it.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:41 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Let me try to explain that a little bit better...

Originally Posted by hinckley
Yes, I think we are sort of saying the same thing. A dealer needs to have an allocation in order to be able to place an order with PCNA/PAG. That is particularly important when we are talking about a very desirable model - gt3, gt3 RS, gt4, Spyder, some gts, some Targas. Since PTS requests used to be rare, it was a rather straight forward process. If the customer had the September allocation and wanted PTS, PAG would normally push the allocation & build date out so that it conforms with the 3 month minimum lead time required. In normal times no problem. In fact in the old days (e.g. 997 days), PAG seemed to do PTS in batches in the first quarter of the year (PTS window would close by December prior) and those cars were scheduled to arrive at the US dealers in late Spring! But back then, PTS was a rare bird!

But now, as the result of the increased popularity of PTS, pushing out of allocations into later months due to PTS might not work effectively for production & logistic 'scheduling' at PAG. For example, I am anticipating that right now too many PTS 991 gt3 RS are being requested for November/December. And that will overwhelm PAG's ability to satisfy that PTS demand. And then there is the question as to how the .2 facelift change/over will impact production at Zuffenhausen.

And when those production conflicts & bottlenecks arise, a PTS order that otherwise would seem 'doable' is often denied by PAG. And this is even if your dealer was willing to wait in excess of 3 months from normal to make the sale on that initial 'September' allocation!

Does that explains it a little bit better?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 07-08-2015, 03:37 PM
OMG Noooooo....
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have PTS GTS build for September and everything is ok.. The date has been moved a couple of times, but both times forward. It was updated again last week which makes me think PTS is running well, even ahead of schedule slightly.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:03 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Favorite PTS...and least Favorites!

A repost from another thread. Might be of interest to someone here.

Originally Posted by Steve D
Hello Eduardo,

First, thanks for sharing so much information on PTS.

"If history is a guide, it will...if you choose your PTS color wisely"

After reading the above quote from you, I would very much appreciate your thoughts on Light Green (Licht Grün), code 253, on a GT4. Recently saw an Acid Green 918 and thought it was killer. I know we are talking two different colors but they seem to be very close. Not sure how this color will transfer to a GT4 body/style in the flesh.
Originally Posted by Mike981S
Licht Grün is an aweful color... don't do it!

(Says the guy who ordered his GT4 in light green )

Here is a picture of my racing yellow Boxster next to a light green 991 turbo (more pics on flickr):

Porsche 991 911 Turbo S Paint To Sample "Light Green" and 981 Boxster S Racing Yellow by Michael, on Flickr
Steve:

Like my friend Mike981S, some of us like to kid around this forum quite a bit. But I absolutely love 'Lichtgrün', color code 253, which although is currently translated in the list as 'Light Green', is historically known from 1974 in US Porsche literature as 'Birch Green'. As you can see from Mike's photo above, Henry's 'Birch Green' 911 Turbo S Cabriolet is one of the most beautiful cars ordered this year from Porsche! Not only the exterior color, but all the interior details that Henry requested on that custom order!

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...-ed-today.html

I personally think 'Lichtgrün' will look stunning on a gt4. Since we don't have 'Acid Green' approved for the 991/981, we don't have to worry too much about it. Even at this date we still don't know if the few 918's done in a similar color are 'Lichtgrün' even though reports are calling it 'Acid Green'! And 'Lichtgrün' will be a very desirable color at resale on a gt4 (my personal opinion).

Originally Posted by Steve D
Have been trying to read all of you posts on PTS here and on the GT3 side. I have not seen a list from you on your favorite PTS colors. Would you mind sharing your favorite and least favorite current PTS colors?

Steve

Favorite PTS and Least Favorite PTS

As you know, this is all very personal and varies widely from person to person. But let me say this on the subject. In general I am very attracted to the solid/uni colors from the 'golden age' of Porsche exterior paint options - which in my opinion started around 1969 and ended in the mid-1970's!

As most that have follow my PTS posts on Rennlist know by now, I am very partial to the solid greens in the Porsche palette:

'Lichtgrün'
'Gelbgrün'
'Signal Green'
'Viper Green'
'Chartreuse/Lindgrün' (hopefully soon to be approved)
'Grün' (formerly 'RS Grün')
'Reingrün/Pure Green' (recently approved 'new' color)
'Brewster Green'
In the blues, I like:

'Riviera Blau'
'Mexico Blau'
'Maritime Blau'
'Aetna Blau'
'Voodoo Blau'
'MeerBlau'
'Gulf Blau'
'Meissen Blau' (if approved)
'Club Blau' (PCA 60th Anniversary Coupe. A few shades off the original 1974 'Acid Blue'. Not yet available for PTS but perhaps soon)
In the grays I like:

'Fashion Grey/Modegrau'
'Stone Grey'
'Grey Black'
'Slate Grey'
In the yellows I like:

'Signal Yellow'
'Atakama Yellow' (BMW color)
'Speed Yellow'
In the oranges I like:

'Pastel Orange'
'Gulf Orange'
'Continental Orange' (not approved)
'RS Orange' (Discontinued)
'Signal Orange' (not yet requested...one of my favorites)
'Tangerine' (not approved...but 'Lava Orange' a few shades off!)
In the purple I like:

'Ultraviolet'
'Aubergine' (if approved)

In my opinion the most popular/attractive color that Porsche currently offers via PTS, and the safest 'investment' choice if you are cautious about choosing an expensive $5,500 option, is.....'Riviera Blue'!

You simply can't go wrong by ordering this color!

Least Favorite

The rest of the PTS approved colors...but in particular order:
all 'metallics' colors without exception...
'Mint Green'
'Pascha Red'
'Creme White'
'Golf Blue'
'Irish Green'
'Peru Red'
'Ruby Star'

My dos centavos, for what it's worth.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 07-08-2015, 04:46 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by JUPJAI
For those looking at these two colours, here are some shots when Mike "981GT4" from Seattle came for a visit. Thanks Mike!

https://flic.kr/s/aHskfycrYs
Everyone of you have to see these great shots of these two cars....

Congratulations to both for bringing them to us!

Originally Posted by OMG Noooooo....
I have PTS GTS build for September and everything is ok.. The date has been moved a couple of times, but both times forward. It was updated again last week which makes me think PTS is running well, even ahead of schedule slightly.
Maybe it's the calm before the storm!

Dark clouds are appearing in the horizon...it starts a post #411

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...gt3-rs-28.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Quick Reply: Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!