Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 02:53 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default 'Ice Blue Metallic'....perhaps!

Originally Posted by Visceral
Hey all,

I've been through the thread pretty well (last 25 pages, anyways), but I apologize if this has been discussed before...

What PTS color is this car? I'm absolutely in love.

A quick guess - it might be 'Ice Blue Metallic' like Cy456 beautiful PTS 991, which was used by PAG earlier for special intro 911 Turbo S:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7085...l#post11098911

Sometimes it pays to go through all 55 pages of this thread. That was on page 18!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 06-19-2015, 03:31 PM
Visceral
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
A quick guess - it might be 'Ice Blue Metallic' like Cy456 beautiful PTS 991, which was used by PAG earlier for special intro 911 Turbo S:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7085...l#post11098911

Sometimes it pays to go through all 55 pages of this thread. That was on page 18!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
I had actually seen that one, and while I notice that he says it changes colors with the light (and the flourescents in the dealership could change the color)... those two colors look different to me, like the indoors car that I like is a much "cooler (more grey?)" color.

There's a pretty big danger in ordering these colors without seeing them in person anyways.
Old 06-19-2015, 03:55 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default re: 'Ice Blue Metallic'...and seeing it in person before you order any PTS color!

I had actually seen that one, and while I notice that he says it changes colors with the light (and the flourescents in the dealership could change the color)... those two colors look different to me, like the indoors car that I like is a much "cooler (more grey?)" color.
That could be lenses, filters, lighting conditions, etc. Take a look at the official Porsche press photos of the 2011 'Ice Blue Metallic' 911 Turbo S at its intro. Many have what you called a 'cooler/grey' look in their marketing shots!

http://www.porsche-mania.com/porsche...-s-wallpapers/

But it's good for you to be skeptical. Keep doing your homework & due diligence!

There's a pretty big danger in ordering these colors without seeing them in person anyways.
If you pick up any bit of information from anything I write on Rennlist regards choosing a PTS color for your custom order, that is the one I would most strongly advise you to remember! Caveat lector.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 06-19-2015, 05:37 PM
pcosta
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is Melissa telling you about Leather to Sample 'black'. As of a few years ago, nobody had ever even asked for it. I was the first one to pose that question to her. As you know, I am a big fan of the higher grade natural leather interiors and I think it merits consideration. :

Hi Eduardo,
Melissa was great. We put together a build with Black Natural Leather and I didn't realize before, but it is actually a good deal: The cost of leather to sample is $5,600, If you compare it with let's say espresso natural leather which costs $5,360, but then you have to add the leather interior package $790 and the center console $300, which come as standard in the leather to sample option, so the comparable number if you take one of the standard natural leathers is $6,450 vs $5,600.
Also very small charges for deviated stitching: $160 for steering casing and $160 for sun visors.

By the way, I was building a C 4S, because I couldn't get an allocation for a GTS 4 Cab. Got the GTS 4 Cab allocation last minute on Tuesday and the order was frozen on Wednesday at the end of the day. Which was fine, since I had already spent an inordinate amount of time in the configurator.
Regards
Paulo
Old 06-20-2015, 12:38 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default 'Leather to Sample' option...finally being ordered!

What is Melissa telling you about Leather to Sample 'black'. As of a few years ago, nobody had ever even asked for it. I was the first one to pose that question to her. As you know, I am a big fan of the higher grade natural leather interiors and I think it merits consideration.

Post #13
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7085...e-and-you.html

Post #23
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7085...ml#post9723261

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Originally Posted by pcosta

What is Melissa telling you about Leather to Sample 'black'. As of a few years ago, nobody had ever even asked for it. I was the first one to pose that question to her. As you know, I am a big fan of the higher grade natural leather interiors and I think it merits consideration.

Hi Eduardo,
Melissa was great. We put together a build with Black Natural Leather and I didn't realize before, but it is actually a good deal: The cost of leather to sample is $5,600, If you compare it with let's say espresso natural leather which costs $5,360, but then you have to add the leather interior package $790 and the center console $300, which come as standard in the leather to sample option, so the comparable number if you take one of the standard natural leathers is $6,450 vs $5,600.
Also very small charges for deviated stitching: $160 for steering casing and $160 for sun visors...

Regards
Paulo
Paulo, congratulations. I am very glad that you are willing to take a chance on 'Leather to Sample' premium grade natural 'Black'. When you get a chance, please post for us the actual codes for every leather interior you chose so that we have a better idea of what the options were and the cost individually for each. Also explain in fuller details why the 'leather interior package' (normally $760) and leather center console ($300) is included in the 'leather to sample' interior. I see you have added some other leather options - steering wheel casing and leather sun visors. Tell us the full list of options in your order. And what are you doing about deviating stitching...how does that work with your leather to sample interior and what did you have to pay for it on the seats, dash, door panels, etc. A full explanation of what you ordered and what it ended up costing you will be helpful to others on this forum that need to understand the other interior order possibilities in their 991s!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 06-20-2015, 07:29 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,011 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by pcosta
What is Melissa telling you about Leather to Sample 'black'. As of a few years ago, nobody had ever even asked for it. I was the first one to pose that question to her. As you know, I am a big fan of the higher grade natural leather interiors and I think it merits consideration. :

Hi Eduardo,
Also very small charges for deviated stitching: $160 for steering casing and $160 for sun visors.

By the way, I was building a C 4S, because I couldn't get an allocation for a GTS 4 Cab. Got the GTS 4 Cab allocation last minute on Tuesday and the order was frozen on Wednesday at the end of the day. Which was fine, since I had already spent an inordinate amount of time in the configurator.
Regards
Paulo
Congratulations on that! I have expressed surprise many times one could get natural leather in red but not black!
I was charged $80 for deviated stitching on my steering column casing (with Espresso/Cognac natural leather) and one of my regrets is getting the sun visors in leather - I found out when it went to Esoteric for a new car prep, those God-awful warning stickers are actually made part of the leather and unremovable. They just won't come off.
That was and is annoying to me.
Old 06-22-2015, 12:27 PM
pcosta
Instructor

Paulo, congratulations. I am very glad that you are willing to take a chance on 'Leather to Sample' premium grade natural 'Black'. When you get a chance, please post for us the actual codes for every leather interior you chose so that we have a better idea of what the options were and the cost individually for each. Also explain in fuller details why the 'leather interior package' (normally $760) and leather center console ($300) is included in the 'leather to sample' interior. I see you have added some other leather options - steering wheel casing and leather sun visors. Tell us the full list of options in your order. And what are you doing about deviating stitching...how does that work with your leather to sample interior and what did you have to pay for it on the seats, dash, door panels, etc. A full explanation of what you ordered and what it ended up costing you will be helpful to others on this forum that need to understand the other interior order possibilities in their 991s!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Hi Eduardo, In the end I got an allocation for a Cab 4 GTS and went with that. I couldn't do leather to sample on a GTS, since I didn't know if would be able to get an allocation, my back up was a C 4S with X51. I still have mixed feelings, because it would have been a very nice build on the C 4S with Black Natural Leather.

I'll definitely would go with leather to sample, next time around. Here are some excerpts from Melissa's PDF:

99 Leather Interior in Color to Sample $5,600
24941 Interior and Seats in Leather to Sample $0
Natural Black leather with Garnet Red stitching
24961 Carpet in Deviated Standard Color (i.c.w. Leather to Sample) $0
AZ - Black
90006 Storage Compartment Lid in Leather to Sample with Model Logo $0
90026 Steering Column Casing in Leather to Sample $160
90062 Leather Sun Visors in Leather to Sample $160
CLU Steering Wheel Rim with Deviating Stitching Exclusive $1,025
NG - Garnet Red
CTK Air Vents in Leather Exclusive $1,720
CTL Customization Package, Gear Selector Exclusive $1,035
Natural Black leather
CVW Rear-View Mirror in Leather Exclusive $675
CZW Extended Interior Package, Dashboard Trim in Leather Exclusive $1,720
XHS Rear Center Tunnel in Leather with Decorative Stitching Exclusive $1,190
XMP Sun Visors in Leather Exclusive $575
XNS Steering Column Casing in Leather Exclusive $465
XSC Porsche Crest on Headrests Exclusive $285
XUV Storage Compartment Lid with Model Logo Exclusive $330
X70 Door-Sill Guards in Stainless Steel Exclusive $375

What is not noted here is that the leather interior package $790 and the center console $300 are included in the leather to sample.

06 / 12 / 2015 Porsche Code: http://www.porsche-code.com/PGT46455
Old 06-22-2015, 12:41 PM
pcosta
Instructor

Originally Posted by Keadog
Congratulations on that! I have expressed surprise many times one could get natural leather in red but not black!
I was charged $80 for deviated stitching on my steering column casing (with Espresso/Cognac natural leather) and one of my regrets is getting the sun visors in leather - I found out when it went to Esoteric for a new car prep, those God-awful warning stickers are actually made part of the leather and unremovable. They just won't come off.
That was and is annoying to me.
Hi Keadog, They may have changed the adhesive, but I was able to remove the stickers from my leather sun visors. It required a lot of patience. I think that in the end I used Goo Gone and soap water and when I finally got it all off I applied leather conditioner.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:30 AM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!

Finally arrived 2 months after ED
Attached Images    
Old 06-23-2015, 01:43 AM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by JUPJAI
Finally arrived 2 months after ED
Was there any trick to keeping your license plates and the vignette on the windscreen?
Old 06-23-2015, 02:22 AM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JAM2
Was there any trick to keeping your license plates and the vignette on the windscreen?
Not really, just took the plates off at he end of the trip. Inside is as I left it at the factory
Old 06-23-2015, 03:28 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

^Excellent! We'll have to figure out a time to go for a drive!
Old 06-24-2015, 04:50 AM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Default Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!

Sunday?
Old 06-28-2015, 11:22 PM
apias
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

That could be lenses, filters, lighting conditions, etc. Take a look at the official Porsche press photos of the 2011 'Ice Blue Metallic' 911 Turbo S at its intro. Many have what you called a 'cooler/grey' look in their marketing shots!
Perhaps contact Ultimo Motors and see if they can tell you the color code? (Well, not you Eduardo, the OP.)
Old 07-02-2015, 09:03 AM
Intermediate

I'm sorry I do not speak English and write through google
-------
Hello, I've seen live in car Riviera Blue
it's fantastic, very beautiful color, juicy
Color plays depending on the lighting, changing from juicy - to cream,
sometimes i want to touch, and it looks like a blue ice cream
color is worth it 100% - to pay for it

I'm ready to order it, but I love the color green

i read all (green color) post from Member Z356, many thanks !

Now available interesting green color for me

+ Signalgrun 22S
+ Grun 2D8
+ Vipergrun 225
+ Green Yellow Uni 137
+ Pure Green Y56
- Signalgrun W25 - not available

what is Green color more like a Riviera Blue?
i want Riviera Blue in Green color, Riviera Green
Green with the same brightness, saturation, and like magic cream Riviera Blue

i find green boxter on Porsche chanel
what is green color?

Thanks for the help

Quick Reply: Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!