Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 10:51 PM
porscherex
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Keadog
Superb as usual! Thanks again. Seeing Summer Yellow on the new PTS list is... A little painful.
Just curious- why is It painful?
Old 03-29-2015, 11:41 PM
VIC_50th
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
That's more than most of us would probably have expected. Good for you...but I don't know if all the other folks that bought into the '50th Anniversary' marketing and thought all of the special touches, 'the likes of which will never be seen again', will be as thrilled with your success. In principle, I am not too sure that 'Porsche Exclusive' is doing themselves favors by duplicating - so soon after the 50th Anniversary Limited Edition has been introduced - so many of its 'unique' features, including the 'Geiser Grey' exterior color. But that is the type of operation they are apparently running at the present time over at Zuffenhausen.
Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
I have been looking through the latest PTS list (Feb 25, 2015) posted by Eduardo yesterday; it has re-opened a question I have pondered ever since Mag3 posted pictures of his PTS car - I have to say I am yet to be completely convinced his colour is Geyser Gray - it looks too creamy/yellow, and not enough gray, in the pictures I have seen, although I admit that could be due to the lighting.
I note the PTS list does not have Geyser Gray (Geysirgraumetallic) on it - what does that mean, if anything?
Mag3, can you update some pictures of your car in natural light? Can you post your build sheet confirming colour?

Cheers,
Martin
Old 03-30-2015, 11:44 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,020 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by porscherex
Just curious- why is It painful?
I waited almost a year for a PTS car and got caught in the PTS freeze last fall. I lost patience and changed the order to a standard color, not knowing PTS would reopen so quickly. I had a pastel yellow 993 I still miss and Summer is pretty close. Of course, I would have probably been unable to change from green anyhow; I just think 911s look very nice in the lighter yellows.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:10 PM
shake-em-on-down
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

And here is a Targa in Lava Orange - looks amazing...

http://www.autogespot.de/porsche-991...-4s/2015/03/28
Old 03-30-2015, 06:15 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by shake-em-on-down

I'm still surprised at how quickly they made Lava Orange a not-so-special-only-on-the-new-GT3-RS color.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:01 PM
porscherex
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Keadog
I waited almost a year for a PTS car and got caught in the PTS freeze last fall. I lost patience and changed the order to a standard color, not knowing PTS would reopen so quickly. I had a pastel yellow 993 I still miss and Summer is pretty close. Of course, I would have probably been unable to change from green anyhow; I just think 911s look very nice in the lighter yellows.
Summer yellow is apparently a rare color. It's a nice, soft color. Can't figure out how to attach photo from my iPad. Parse error.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:55 AM
PTSRS
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shake-em-on-down

Looks like a US spec car (with the ambers and NA-sized plates), but doesn't seem to sport the temp plates I see for Euro delivery cars?
Old 04-02-2015, 11:27 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by wysl94
Looks like a US spec car (with the ambers and NA-sized plates), but doesn't seem to sport the temp plates I see for Euro delivery cars?
Correct. US spec Targa with domestic German plates registered at Ludwigsburg, Baden-Württemberg.

Porsche indeed has offices at Ludwigsburg, just north of Zuffenhausen. It contains the staff of their worldwide sales, marketing and customer service operations. Originally, the Ludwigsburg location was set up jointly with VW to sell & market their joint 914 project. By the time I first visited the offices in 1981 or so, it was already a Porsche-only sales/ marketing/ customer service facility. So this US spec Targa might be connected to that Porsche operation in some way.

I agree it's surprising to see PAG already making regular 991's (as opposed to the gt3 RS) using the 'Lava Orange' paint. We thought that 'special color' would not commence on the standard 991 models until the MY2016 production begins in June of 2015. So this 991 Targa in 'Lava Orange' could be a Porsche 'press car' that, besides being used for publicity & advertising purposes (e.g. new catalog), might also be testing the durability & reliability of that new color!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 04-03-2015, 01:45 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

cars owned by Porsche AG seem to have the SPR or LW prefix, the Ludwigsburg facility had a shop and multiple garages where training was going on last time I visited 10 years ago, there was a rumor Dr Porsche had an office in there, Porsche travel club used to be there too
Old 04-04-2015, 02:37 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Did PAG betrayed our trust by allowing 'Geyser' as PTS on at least one C4S?

Originally Posted by VIC_50th
I have been looking through the latest PTS list (Feb 25, 2015) posted by Eduardo yesterday; it has re-opened a question I have pondered ever since Mag3 posted pictures of his PTS car - I have to say I am yet to be completely convinced his colour is Geyser Gray - it looks too creamy/yellow, and not enough gray, in the pictures I have seen, although I admit that could be due to the lighting.
I note the PTS list does not have Geyser Gray (Geysirgraumetallic) on it - what does that mean, if anything?
Mag3, can you update some pictures of your car in natural light? Can you post your build sheet confirming colour?

Cheers,
Martin
Martin: I suggest you send Mag3 a PM to insure he gets your question. I think it's pretty clear that PAG went out of their way to give Mag3 all he wanted except the pepita & green-faced vintage look dials. He was very specific in his posts and what he got includes grills and trim that were thought to be exclusive to the 50th Anniversary:

Originally Posted by Mag3
actually...

my custom order C4S just arrived at the dealership... ;-)
i was able to:
- do the PTS geiser grey
- order the front grill parts with chrome
- order the grill in the 50th style (narrow slats with chrome tips)
- order the part that replaces the rear red strip
- match the interior deviated stiching and agate
- order the fuchs style rims (extra.. i'll use as my summer rims, and the default as winter wheels/tires)

what i couldn't get:
- houndstooth center for the seats... i was ok with this because with that i couldn't have gotten seat ventilation
- the 50th badges everywhere (also just fine with me)
- the green dial.. (bummed I couldn't get this)

i'll post in a few days when i pick it up, but it will to the casual observer be a 50th with 4wd. ;0

-mag3
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7085...nd-you-41.html

The fact that 'Geyser Grey' is not yet on the approved PTS list (attached below) is perhaps telling in that it demonstrate that neither 'Geyser' nor 'Graphite' were meant to be available on any model other than those 1963 50th Anniversary Editions. Porsche insinuated that these two colors would be unique to the LE model. Well, it's was than an insinuation, they actually told us so in their official press release:

http://press.porsche.com/news/release.php?id=789

But here we have proof positive that PAG will make exceptions to all of their rules when they choose to do so!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Attached Images
Old 04-06-2015, 09:33 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

The way I read it "two unique colors are available for the anniversary model" is correct, and distinct from "two colors are unique to the anniversary model." So technically they have broken no rules. Better than that, in fact, they are being consistent. This to me is exactly the same as when they said the GTS fits "precisely between" the S and the GT3. It does indeed fit in there "precisely" although nowhere near half way, which guaranteed a lot of guys bought into.

English may be a second language to these guys, but it often times seems like they've mastered it - more so even than a lot of us native speakers.
Old 04-15-2015, 02:29 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mopgcw
Here is the leather-to-sample "LTS" list i received...
Thank you very much for this information, mopgcw! First time I have ever seen this list!

1) Is it your understanding that all these leathers are approved already?
2) Are there some under feasibility study...because I don't see any?
3) Nice to know there are at least 6 offerings of the higher grade 'natural' leathers, including 'Black'!
4) Seems to be in a format similar, but not totally same, as PTS list supplied by PCNA to its dealers. Is that where it came from?
Thanks to mopgcw, we have this Leather-to-Sample list. As soon as more information becomes available, I will post it!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Leather to sample 8.10.2014.pdf (93.0 KB, 326 views)
Old 04-15-2015, 02:38 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks to mopgcw, we have this Leather-to-Sample list. As soon as more information becomes available, I will post it!
Oooh, wow. Thanks for sharing!
Old 04-20-2015, 11:56 PM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

Some photos of my PTS Birch Green Turbo S Cab

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...-ed-today.html
Old 04-21-2015, 12:02 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Jupjai, a Rennlister from Vancouver, Canada, just sent me this photo of the 911 Turbo S Cabriolet he just picked up via European Delivery in Germany. The color is the spectacular 'Birch Green / Lichtgrün', which is one of my favorites of all greens.

Henry started a new thread on his vehicle today...

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...-ed-today.html

And I wish him the best ED ever on this magnificent Porsche!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Quick Reply: Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!