Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 03:53 PM
porscherex
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LSV
It was a little exhibition at the Fair next to the Raid Suisse-Paris. It's not permanent. Both cars belong to a private local owner.
When I passed by, they were outside with keys on dash and 004 running engine. Nobody within 200ft...
You can barely imagine what swiss collectors keep in their garage.
Thanks
Old 01-09-2015, 02:06 AM
50footer
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wheels in black

With few exceptions (911 Club Series in Brewster Green being one of them) I am not prone to do wheels matching the body colour of the car. In my particular case, once I decided on Agate grey for the exterior, I wanted to add contrasting details in black to the ones already existing, such as the air intakes at the front, the "C" pillar or even the tyres. After seeing the results in the actual car I believe I choose the right combination. Very pleased with the result.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:36 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by 50footer
With few exceptions (911 Club Series in Brewster Green being one of them) I am not prone to do wheels matching the body colour of the car.
Yes, it's a little known fact that the 20-inch SportTechno wheels on the Limited Edition Porsche 911 Club Coupe were painted to match the exterior color of the car. In most photos at first glance, the wheels look like the typical 'Black' SportTechnos (see photo #1 & 2). I personally took photo #2 of the 'Club Coupe' at the factory in Zuffenhausen and the wheels seemed 'Black' to me at the time! But in fact (and in direct sunlight can be clearly seen!), they are indeed painted 'Brewster Green' (photo #3). I agree with 50footer...the painted wheels to match the exterior work on the 'Club Coupe' edition!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images    
Old 01-09-2015, 12:11 PM
porscherex
Pro

Originally Posted by 50footer
With few exceptions (911 Club Series in Brewster Green being one of them) I am not prone to do wheels matching the body colour of the car. In my particular case, once I decided on Agate grey for the exterior, I wanted to add contrasting details in black to the ones already existing, such as the air intakes at the front, the "C" pillar or even the tyres. After seeing the results in the actual car I believe I choose the right combination. Very pleased with the result.
Thanks. I agree with you. Very good choice.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:23 PM
porscherex
Pro

It appears that PTS is back on the public configurator.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:36 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default PTS back on US Configurator

Originally Posted by porscherex
It appears that PTS is back on the public configurator.
Yes, just like it re-appeared on the 981 Cayman/Boxster before. Yet 'Porsche Exclusive' continues to tell customers that it's still not available for the balance of MY2015 models. If someone that is presently in contact with Barbara, Melissa or Matthew on a custom order can double check with them & report back it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images  
Old 01-12-2015, 06:57 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Over the past six months, I spent a bunch of time (too much, of course!) working a custom interior for my 911. I had started with a C2S coupe, switched to a C2S cab and then a C4S cab. I read thru every post in this thread at least three times and had a bunch of correspondence with Melissa at Exclusive to come up with just the right custom design. Then I threw it all away and ordered a GTS cab for which almost no deviations are allowed.

So before I forget it all – and with a bit trepidation for exposing my noogyness – I thought I’d spend (even more) time and lay out a summary of exactly what is and is not available for deviations at this time. At one point, I had had all the codes for the deviating options that are only available on the dealer configurator, but I deleted them when I went to the GTS. Nevertheless, they should easily be obtainable from your dealer. Also, these options should be available for all Carreras (except the GTS unless otherwise noted), Targas and Turbos. I’m unsure about the GT3, although I believe deviating options are limited for that model as well.

Much of the credit for this goes to Eduardo and his relentless pursuit of promoting Exclusive options. He should be receiving a commission from Porsche in addition to all the thanks he gets from us RLers. So to Eduardo and others – please correct or add to anything I’ve written.

First the easy stuff – Deviating Carpets and Deviating Leather:
  • Deviating carpets are available on the dealer configurator.
  • Deviating floor mats (carpet and leather edging) are available on our online configurator (option CFX). This option is available for the GTS.
  • Deviating leather is available on the dealer configurator for seat inserts and door armrests. Deviating leather was available for other bits before MY15 and may return in the future.
  • Deviating leather and stitching are available on our online configurator for the 7MT shifter and PDK selector (options CTX and CTL respectively). These options are available for the GTS.
  • Deviating leather is available on the dealer configurator (at an additional cost) for the Sport Seats Plus Backrest Shells in Leather option which is available on our online configurator (option XWK).

The tough stuff – Deviating Stitching:
  • With two-tone interiors, deviating stitching is standard on the dashboard, door upper panels and rear upper panels. This is true for the GTS as well.
  • With other full leather interiors, deviating stitching is available on the dealer configurator for the dashboard, door upper panels and rear upper panels.
  • For all full leather interiors, deviating stitching is available on the dealer configurator for seats, door center panels, door armrests and door handles.
  • With two-tone interiors, ordering the Extended Interior Package-Dashboard Trim or Air Vents in Leather on our online configurator (options CZW and CTK respectively) gets you deviating stitching in those areas as well. These options are available for the GTS.
  • With other interiors, deviating stitching is available for CZW, and I believe CTK as well, but you'll need to verify that. It is a no cost deviating stitching option and is accomplished by your dealer adding the requested deviation in the available option notes field on the dealer configurator.
  • Deviating stitching is available on our online configurator for the SportDesign and the Multifunction Steering Wheel Rim (option CLU).
  • Deviating stitching is available on the dealer configurator (at an additional cost) for the following options which are available on our online configurator: Sport Seats Plus Backrest Shells in Leather (option XWK), Steering Column Casing in Leather (option XNS), Rear Center Tunnel in Leather with Decorative Stitching (option XHS) and Inner Door-Sill Guards in Leather (option XTG).

OK, start lining up to correct me or adding to the list!

EDIT: Here's a link to a great thread from Brett that has a lot of the dealer configurator codes (they start with 2 or 9): https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...available.html

Last edited by hinckley; 01-13-2015 at 10:16 AM.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:58 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by hinckley
...Much of the credit for this goes to Eduardo and his relentless pursuit of promoting Exclusive options. He should be receiving a commission from Porsche in addition to all the thanks he gets from us RLers.

Thank you for the kind words!

Re: Should Be Receiving Commissions: That will be a cold day in Hell...Just the opposite, they could care less about this & other threads trying to clarify for customers/enthusiasts the opaque world of 'Porsche Exclusive'! That is why today I drive an Audi R8 and not a custom-ordered 991!

[*]Deviating leather is available on the dealer configurator (at an additional cost) for the Sport Seats Plus Backrest Shells in Leather option which is available on our online configurator (option XWK).
Can one order the backrest shells in a different deviating color from the leather color of the seats? For example, 'Garnet Red' backrest on 'Black' leather Sport Seats Plus? That would make for interesting possibilities if it's allowed!!!

With two-tone interiors, ordering the Extended Interior Package-Dashboard Trim or Air Vents in Leather on our online configurator (options CZW and CTK respectively) gets you deviating stitching in those areas as well...With other interiors, deviating stitching is not available for CZW or CTK.
I thought by now they would allow deviating stitching on CZW or CTK on interiors OTHER than two tone. For example, 'Black' full leather. Can you double checked on this point?
Fine list and good points, hinckley. Thank you for posting. And I love your new GTS!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 01-13-2015, 09:05 AM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Fine list and good points, hinckley.
Thank you.

Backrest shells can be ordered in deviating leather and deviating stitching. So, for example, you can replicate the beautiful Turbo S's Black/Garnett interior in a C2 by deviating to a black shell with garnett stitching.

I rechecked my notes and you are correct. At least CZW is available with deviating stitching, and it's at no cost. Go figure. I presume it's the same for CTK but I'm not positive. I'll edit my post.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:13 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default PCA's 60th Anniversary 2015 GTS Coupe in PTS 'Club Blau'!

PCA and Porsche unveil 2015 911 GTS Club Coupe
Wednesday, January 21, 2015
National News
By Porsche Club of America
Photos by Michael Alan Ross and courtesy Porsche

Atlanta — Porsche Club of America is excited to announce the new Porsche 911 GTS Club Coupe, the product of collaboration between PCA and Porsche to honor our club’s 60th anniversary. It was unveiled today at Porsche Cars North America’s new headquarters at One Porsche Drive in Atlanta.

Handcrafted at Porsche Exclusive and based on the 911 Carrera GTS, it was developed with input from members of PCA’s Executive Council to include features that can’t be found on any other Porsche model. Only 60 GTS Club Coupes will be made, for PCA members only, ensuring that they stay in the PCA family and remain exotic like the last PCA Club Coupe from 2005.

The most visible bespoke feature is the non-metallic color, named Club Blau, but look closer and you’ll notice the 20-inch Sport Classic wheels painted in semi-gloss black with polished centers and rims, exclusive to the GTS Club coupe; ducktail rear spoiler; doors marked with black “Club Coupe” model designations; personalized stainless steel door-sill guards that read “GTS Club Coupe”; center compartment lid embossed with “60”; interior and dashboard trim in carbon fiber with “GTS Club Coupe 60 Years Porsche Club of America” above the glove compartment; and Alcantara-wrapped steering wheel with two-tone deviated stitching in Carmine Red and Blue and the 12 o’clock wheel marker in Carmine Red. A leather-wrapped book about the car is also included.

Want to take the PCA 60th Anniversary theme a bit further? The Extended Club Coupe Package option adds a vehicle key painted in Club Blau, a leather key pouch, and leather-edged floor mats with two-tone stitching in Carmine Red and Blue. A personalized indoor car cover is also available as an option.

Of course, this special 911 also benefits from having all the features that are standard on the regular production Carrera GTS, including a 430-horsepower flat six with Sport Exhaust, SportDesign aero package, GTS communication package, and black GTS Alcantara interior package with Carmine Red accents. (Read about the Carrera GTS and its features.)

“The idea for this Club Coupe came from a trip to Germany,” PCA Past President Manny Alban says, when he was a guest of Porsche’s for the unveiling of the rest-of-world Porsche 911 Club Coupe in 2012. He promptly asked the folks at Porsche: “What would it take for us to build a PCA 60th Anniversary car?” The seed was sewn, and a series of meetings with Porsche Cars North America ensued over the next few years to specify the design of the car.

“The color was key for the 50th. We knew we wanted blue for the new car,” Alban relates. The older Club Coupes were all painted Azurro California Blue, a metallic hue inspired by a color available on 356s in 1955, Azure Blue. As chance would have it, inspiration for Club Blau was close by.

“We arrived at the color choice that would ultimately lead Porsche to make a custom paint just for this car — it closely matches the blue of our logo,” Alban says.

“We loved choosing a color that would represent PCA,” confesses PCA President Caren Cooper, “though we weren’t sure what choices we’d be allowed to make. Fortunately Porsche provided a broad range of options and we all independently arrived at the same color choice.”

“Front and center is the collaboration between Porsche and PCA to make this car,” Cooper explains. “This highlights how much Porsche values their relationship with PCA.”

Porsche will give one GTS Club Coupe away to a lucky PCA member (details will be made available soon), and the other 59 will be available for purchase for $136,060 (not including $995 destination fee) by PCA members through a lottery. Applicants must fill out and submit a registration form to participate in this offer, which will be made available on PCA.org on February 1. There is no charge for the opportunity to register, and there is no obligation to purchase the vehicle. Deliveries will start in June 2015.

Those fortunate enough to purchase the GTS Club Coupe can expect its value to hold steady or appreciate due to its uniqueness and rarity, says Manny Alban. He notes that 2006 911 Club Coupes, which had an MSRP of $99,911, are rarely put up for sale. But when they are, he says, they change hands at $100,000 or more.

Porsche's press release

Porsche celebrates 60th anniversary of Porsche Club of America with limited-edition 911 model

GTS Club Coupe revealed in the new PCNA headquarters at One Porsche Drive

Atlanta. Celebrating six decades of the largest Porsche club organization in the world, Porsche Cars North America is commemorating this milestone with a 60 unit limited-production run of the Club Coupe based on the 911 Carrera GTS. Known as the GTS Club Coupe, the 430 hp sports car is painted in a color unique to this model appropriately named “Club Blau,” which was created exclusively for this anniversary edition by the Porsche Club of America.

“The Porsche Club of America is home to passionate ambassadors who have been fostering the appreciation and recognition of Porsche for 60 years,” said Andre Oosthuizen, Vice President of Marketing for Porsche Cars North America, as the car was unveiled today at Porsche’s new headquarters at One Porsche Drive in Atlanta. “We are proud and honored to celebrate this anniversary with a very special edition of Porsche's most storied sports car - the 911.”

The GTS Club Coupe features the 44 mm wider body of the 911 Carrera 4 models with a rear wheel drive platform. SportDesign side mirrors, black framed Bi-Xenon™ headlights with Porsche’s Dynamic Light System, and taillights tinted in black are standard, while the doors are marked with black “Club Coupe” model designations, clearly distinguishing this unique 911. Painted in the newly created “Club Blau” color, the limited-edition model is also characterized by the SportDesign package, which is fitted as standard. A more pronounced front fascia as well as a “ducktail” rear spoiler gives the special car a striking, yet classic, appearance. 20-inch Sport Classic wheels painted in semi-gloss black with polished wheel centers and rim flanges are also standard on the GTS Club Coupe.

The interior is highlighted by the GTS Interior Package. The stitching, seat belts, and rev counter are held in contrasting Carmine Red, while the dashboard trim strips, door trim and center console are finished in carbon fiber. The striking steering wheel has a Red 12 o’clock marker and two-tone stitching in Carmine Red and Blue. The center compartment lid is embossed with a “60” and the dashboard trim is personalized with “GTS Club Coupe 60 Years Porsche Club of America” lettering above the glove compartment. Stainless steel door sills which read “GTS Club Coupe” serve as a further distinction.

An Extended Club Coupe Package is available as a unique option. It consists of a vehicle key painted in “Club Blau,” a leather key pouch and leather-edged floor mats, both with two-tone stitching in Carmine Red and Blue. An individual personalized indoor car cover is also available as an option.

Powering the GTS Club Coupe is an enhanced version of the Carrera S engine, which is also found in the 911 Carrera GTS model variants. 430 hp propel the GTS Club Coupe from standstill to 60 mph in just 3.8 seconds when equipped with the optional PDK (Porsche Doppelkupplung) dual-clutch seven-speed transmission. The top track speed is 190 mph (189 mph on PDK-equipped models). A third center radiator ensures consistent performance in all conditions. A standard Sport Exhaust system with black chrome tips accentuates the Boxer engine note in particularly exhilarating fashion.

Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM), incorporating adaptive dampers and a 10 mm lower ride, and Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV), as well as the Sport Chrono Package with dynamic engine mounts, contributes to the car’s optimal handling characteristics.

The GTS Club Coupe will be launched in the United States in June 2015. Porsche Club of America members will have the opportunity to purchase one of 59 vehicles and PCA members will also be eligible to win the initial display vehicle. Official details will be announced February 1st, 2015 on www.pca.org. The MSRP is $136,060, not including a destination charge of $995.

https://www.pca.org/news/2015-01-21/...gts-club-coupe

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 01-21-2015, 05:32 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 610 Posts

I would be entering the drawing if I didn't have a car coming in. I like it.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:26 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Keadog
I would be entering the drawing if I didn't have a car coming in. I like it.
Same. If I didn't have a Sapphire Blue GTS coming, I'd want one of these. That, and mine is coming in a couple months, and the Club Coupe would require me to wait until June, at least.
Old 01-22-2015, 04:00 AM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

Enter the draw anyway - nice to add to a collection, only 60 in the world!

Will hold value as much, if not more than the 50th perhaps....IMHO

So so close in colour to my Santorini Blue M5

Old 01-22-2015, 04:37 AM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

There are quite a few high spec 991 turbo and turbos S out there recently in dealer stock - many with interiors that are "loud" - two-tone leather, painted interior bits, gauges and seat belts.

What is the purpose of the flooding of the market with these PORSCHE EXCLUSIVE high spec vehicles? If someone is going to drop 1/4$Million on a car, don't they want the opportunity to make the car unique and choose everything custom to their liking?

Those are expensive dealer stock vehicles - they may sit for a while. Just wondering why???

Henry
Old 01-22-2015, 12:11 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by JUPJAI
There are quite a few high spec 991 turbo and turbos S out there recently in dealer stock - many with interiors that are "loud" - two-tone leather, painted interior bits, gauges and seat belts.

What is the purpose of the flooding of the market with these PORSCHE EXCLUSIVE high spec vehicles? If someone is going to drop 1/4$Million on a car, don't they want the opportunity to make the car unique and choose everything custom to their liking?

Those are expensive dealer stock vehicles - they may sit for a while. Just wondering why???
Because the dealer had the allocation (use it or lose it) and decided these specs might appeal to a prospective Turbo/S client. Most Porsches in the US (and I presume Canada too, Henry) are dealer (not customer) specced. So they are trying to appeal to the impulse buyer with a large disposable income plus a bit of 'flair', which they presume fits the profile of their prospective customers. So the dealers rolled the dice...and I wish them success! In the meantime, we at this thread continue to emphasize the joy of custom ordering your 'dream Porsche' to lessen the need for dealers to go out on these limbs & put sales at risk!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Quick Reply: Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!