Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 07:01 PM
porscherex
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hinckley
Rex, I considered a Pasha Red PTS earlier in the year. If you simply Google "Pasha Red Porsche" and click Images, you will see several pics including a few of the Red Square edition. It is a great (and historic) color.
Thanks I have found renderings but not actuals photos and I have searched for many hours.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:15 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by 50footer
I don't believe that you need to go Porsche Exclusive to get an "exclusive" 911. At least in my part of the world. I tried to order a PTS 991 back in August and the delivery date offered was March '15, then July '15 and finally September '15 with no assurances whatsoever that such deadline would be met. So, after thorough reading of multiple posts and in particular this from Eduardo (many thanks for your invaluable help) I configured the following 911 C4S and am extatic waiting to take delivery in the next couple of days.

50footer: This car of yours will look good at any distance from it...even less than 50 feet! Can't say the same for some of old ladies I know...meaning early 356's & 911's of course. The 'Espresso/Cognac' two tone interior is currently my favorite combination offered by Porsche. Congratulations. Enjoy it in good health!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 01-05-2015, 07:38 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by porscherex
Thanks I have found renderings but not actuals photos and I have searched for many hours.
Here you go:

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/porsche...-ar159260.html

http://auto.blog.rs/blog/auto/novite...square-edition
Old 01-05-2015, 07:52 PM
porscherex
Pro

Am I wrong? I thought these were renderings and not photos.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:56 PM
porscherex
Pro

Originally Posted by Keadog
You should be able to have a sample card sprayed from the paint code. I'm surprised (not really) Melissa didn't suggest that rather than a picture from the internet on a computer monitor. You have no idea what any color will look like in different lighting if you don't have an actual sample. It's a lot of money for most people to take a chance they'll like what they get. Porsche Exclusive in the US has not been very helpful to me. I wish you better luck with PTS.
I will ask Melissa when I talk to her next. PTS is a little scary.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:01 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default No GUM...but we can give you Volgas!

That is because German Chancellor Angela Merkel asked Porsche CEO Matthias Müller to postpone the 'Gum Red Square' 991 edition until Russia behaves itself in the Ukraine. They were never made!

http://www.4wheelsnews.com/porsche-i...ion-in-russia/

Instead, the VW Group has agreed to produced 20 of these GAZ-M20 Pobeda 'Volga' at their ŠKODA subsidiary in Mladá Boleslav in Czech Republic using leftover car parts from the Soviet era and give them to Putin as 'just desserts' for taking over the Crimea. Supposedly, Russia is ready to file a complaint in the International Criminal Court in The Hague against Merkel & Germany for changing the Porsche 'Red Square' 991's into these antiquated Volgas...which is deem 'cruel and unusual punishment'. And who is going to dispute that? Stand by to see how this whole 'Red Square' imbroglio is resolved, if by diplomacy...or if by NATO tanks as a last resort!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images   
Old 01-05-2015, 08:04 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Am I wrong? I thought these were renderings and not photos.
You may be right.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:38 PM
porscherex
Pro

Originally Posted by Z356
That is because German Chancellor Angela Merkel asked Porsche CEO Matthias Müller to postpone the 'Gum Red Square' 991 edition until Russia behaves itself in the Ukraine. They were never made! http://www.4wheelsnews.com/porsche-i...ion-in-russia/ Instead, the VW Group has agreed to produced 20 of these GAZ-M20 Pobeda 'Volga' at their ŠKODA subsidiary in Mladá Boleslav in Czech Republic using leftover car parts from the Soviet era and give them to Putin as 'just desserts' for taking over the Crimea. Supposedly, Russia is ready to file a complaint in the International Criminal Court in The Hague against Merkel & Germany for changing the Porsche 'Red Square' 991's into these antiquated Volgas...which is deem 'cruel and unusual punishment'. And who is going to dispute that? Stand by to see how this whole 'Red Square' imbroglio is resolved, if by diplomacy...or if by NATO tanks as a last resort! Saludos, Eduardo Carmel .
LOL. That's why I can't find a photo. You have given me a great idea for a two-tone 991 Coupe! I'll run it by Porsche Exclusive and see what they say.
Old 01-06-2015, 12:10 PM
porscherex
Pro

[QUOTE=50footer;11927602]I don't believe that you need to go Porsche Exclusive to get an "exclusive" 911. At least in my part of the world. I tried to order a PTS 991 back in August and the delivery date offered was March '15, then July '15 and finally September '15 with no assurances whatsoever that such deadline would be met.
So, after thorough reading of multiple posts and in particular this from Eduardo (many thanks for your invaluable help) I configured the following 911 C4S and am extatic waiting to take delivery in the next couple of days.

50footer
Congratulations - a great looking car. Just curious, why did you order the wheels in black as opposed to exterior color? Does it show better on the car?
Old 01-07-2015, 02:22 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Barbara Boeckenhoff, new Manager of 'Porsche Exclusive' in US

Meet Barbara Boeckenhoff, Manager of Porsche Exclusive - Personal Design at PCNA. She is the replacement for Sascha Glaeser and she is based at PCNA Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia. She will be assisted in the job by veteran Melissa Witek in Atlanta and newcomer Matthew Henry in Los Angeles. In this video, Barbara is seen with PCA's Executive Director Vu Nguyen talking about the West Coast's 'Porsche Exclusive' showcar - the 'Viper Green' 2014 911 Turbo S that debuted at the Porsche Parade at Monterey last June. Barbara just joined PCNA, coming from Porsche AG in Zuffenhausen where she worked at the 'Porsche Classic' department. Her first official event in the US was at the Los Angeles Auto Show this past November. Barbara can be contacted at: <customerconsultations@porsche.us>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi1wneJBoac#t=10

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images  
Old 01-07-2015, 09:22 AM
LSV
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I shot this picture in Basel (CH) last fall.
Coupé is 356/2-004.
Cab 356/2-003 is Pasha red. It can't be a more historical color...
Old 01-08-2015, 12:54 PM
porscherex
Pro

Originally Posted by LSV

Coupé is 356/2-004.
LSV - Thank you for the picture.
Old 01-08-2015, 01:08 PM
porscherex
Pro

Coupé is 356/2-004.

LSV - what museum were you in?
Old 01-08-2015, 02:01 PM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Mag3
It definitely cost a premium... But frankly, isn't the idea here to get the one you want? Also... I wanted seat coolers which the hounds tooth didn't have and wanted the 4wd... And 400hp was plenty enough for me. :-)

As a designer I just truly believed that this was the perfect color palette and detail set - I wasn't at all interested in it being an "edition"...

For me it was an entirely aesthetic choice which is what exclusive is all about!

Thank you to all on this thread btw... Serious learnings that were invaluable!

-Mag3
Saw your car at the dealership this morning . Gorgeous! Congrats.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:48 PM
LSV
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I shot this picture in Basel (CH) last fall. Coupé is 356/2-004. Cab 356/2-003 is Pasha red. It can't be a more historical color... LSV - what museum were you in?
It was a little exhibition at the Fair next to the Raid Suisse-Paris. It's not permanent. Both cars belong to a private local owner.
When I passed by, they were outside with keys on dash and 004 running engine. Nobody within 200ft...
You can barely imagine what swiss collectors keep in their garage.

Quick Reply: Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!