Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 04:39 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

I'm not sure how many times that the rest of this forum and I can thank you Eduardo, but hopefully it's at least one more . . . thanks very much.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:57 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by hinckley
. . . thanks very much.
You are welcome!

On a different topic, here is a beautiful PTS 991S in 'Riviera Blue' in attendance at the R Gruppe Treffen in Cambria CA last weekend - with its 'old' Oct 2013 European Delivery plates for show! 'Riviera Blue' is still one of the most striking PTS colors you can order on a modern Porsche!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images    
Old 05-26-2014, 01:15 AM
991999R
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
You are welcome!

On a different topic, here is a beautiful PTS 991S in 'Riviera Blue' in attendance at the R Gruppe Treffen in Cambria CA last weekend - with its 'old' Oct 2013 European Delivery plates for show! 'Riviera Blue' is still one of the most striking PTS colors you can order on a modern Porsche!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

What a treat for the eyes. Def going in my future order scrapbook. Thanks Eduardo
Old 05-27-2014, 08:54 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 14 Posts

Lovely!
Old 05-28-2014, 01:33 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by lromanosky
But the exact shade of green I chose was Brewster green which is the colour used for the 991 Club Coupe that PCNA made 12 of, and was said to have used the green that was reserved for Porsche family members.
Lawrence: Just to clarify, the MY2013 991 Club Coupe was not a PCNA project, but by rather a PAG offering for markets that did not include either you or us. The twelve that could be ordered by customers were available to ROW...except specifically for PCNA, Canada, China & India. See link below:

http://www.porsche.com/microsite/911...ct_details.pdf

The thirteen 991 Club Coupe model was kept by the factory and it's the one I photographed at Zuffenhausen last April (see below).

In 2005, PCNA did in fact marketed a 911 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of PCA (Porsche Club of America). This car was a 997 Carrera S and all were done in 'Azurro California Blue'. Production was limited to fifty examples.

By the way, via PTS PAG offers both 'British Racing Green' and 'Porsche Racing Green'. Both are different colors from PTS 'Brewster Green'. In fact, Porsche offers quite a variety of greens currently via PTS:

Signal Green (historic 911 color)
Viper (historic 911 color)
Green (gt3 'RS Green' 997 color)
British Racing Green
Porsche Racing Green
Brewster Green (Club Coupe)
Dark Olive Metallic (historic 911 color)
Jet Green Metallic
Lago Green Metallic (historic 356 color)
Laser Green Metallic
Lichtgrün/Birch Green (historic 911 color)
Ocean Jade Metallic
Malachite Green Metallic
Oak Green Metallic
Peridot Metallic
Emerald Green Metallic
Forest Green Metallic
Vividian Green Metallic
Stone Grey (historic 356 color /sort of 'green' in certain light)

As for the rest of you comments on your post - Ford Model T's in Brewster Green, 70's Pontiacs, and Ferry's connection to nature - I'll leave it up to others to debate.

I will say that I find the interior you chose (Espresso/Cognac) on your custom order suits the PTS 'Brewster Green' 991 much better than the original 'Espresso' on the 991 Club Coupe! Congratulations and best of luck with the sale.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images  
Old 05-28-2014, 11:29 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

To each, his own, but I do not favor Brewster green. It is more of a Brewtal green to me.
Old 05-29-2014, 03:20 PM
991999R
Rennlist Member

mucho props-ola to one of the bravest dealers around. i hope it gets reciprocated in kind by your buyers bc dealers with ***** like yours deserve good things
Old 05-29-2014, 04:24 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 991999R
mucho props-ola to one of the bravest dealers around. i hope it gets reciprocated in kind by your buyers bc dealers with ***** like yours deserve good things
+1

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images  
Old 05-29-2014, 09:41 PM
AMGsound
Instructor

This boxter is STUNNING.....details, details, details...amazing.....all these on GTS pack please!
btw, to me, this thread is the best on rennlist...i cant wait to check it out daily to be amazed by Eduardo and all people using all this knowledge to spec unique cars.

Guys, if this dealer is in Calgary like Lawrence, these will fly off the lot like hotcakes without questions about price....it's the biggest bull market in energy in the past 10 years...!!! Anyway, i hope they do find a good home so the dealer goes at it again!!
Old 05-30-2014, 11:25 AM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

IMO, Boxster would be better if the red leather parts were stitched in red rather than black .. the different coloured stitching on the door panels do not work.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:17 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

Guys, if you are wondering, I have deleted posts by iromanosky because he is a dealer using this forum to advertise his wares - without being a site sponsor.

Its one thing to show interesting cars, but when options - prices included and MSRP are posted, it reads like an ad - especially since he is a dealer.

Regards.
Old 05-30-2014, 03:15 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Guys, if you are wondering, I have deleted posts by iromanosky because he is a dealer using this forum to advertise his wares - without being a site sponsor. Its one thing to show interesting cars, but when options - prices included and MSRP are posted, it reads like an ad - especially since he is a dealer. Regards.
Understand perfectly well the rationale for what you did. Personally, I hope Lawrence can talk his Canadian dealership into become a site sponsor. Many of us have found their Porsche custom orders an inspiration and I hope he continues his participation in our Rennlist Forums.

Originally Posted by sfo
IMO, Boxster would be better if the red leather parts were stitched in red rather than black .. the different coloured stitching on the door panels do not work.
sfo: Normally I would agree with you. But somehow it seems to be working on this particular interior. But that is just my personal opinion!

I gave serious thought to adding deviating stitching to the 'Carrera Red' interior on my MY2012 Boxster Spyder. In the end, I decided against it because it got 'washed out' by the sea of 'Red' leather and became almost invisible. But on this 981 Boxster, the red deviating stitching on the 'Black' door arm rests lead you directly to follow the black deviating stitching on the 'Red' door panels. And voila...it seems to all work together!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images           
Old 05-31-2014, 01:29 AM
lromanosky
Instructor

It looks like I have run afoul of the rules. For the record I never thought that my posts were trying to advertise… Most of the cars have sold, and besides I am in Canada... My interest is just so show some of the cool cars we have built.

Anyway I am looking into sponsorship, I don't mind spending some money to support the Forum.

Cheers, Lawrence
Calgary Canada
Old 05-31-2014, 01:59 AM
Caprzeland
Advanced

Eduardo, it looks like your car has a leather red interior.
Have you got "tired" of it or you still love it as when you ordered it?
I am trying to decide between two tone garnet red/black vs espresso for my c2 custom order.
I prefer the red/black, but many people seem to think that yes it is nice, but after a while it becomes too much...?
Old 05-31-2014, 02:56 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Re: red leather interiors

Originally Posted by Caprzeland
Eduardo, it looks like your car has a leather red interior.
Have you got "tired" of it or you still love it as when you ordered it?
I am trying to decide between two tone garnet red/black vs espresso for my c2 custom order.
I prefer the red/black, but many people seem to think that yes it is nice, but after a while it becomes too much...?
Caprzeland:

re: "it looks like your car has a leather red interior."

Just to clarify, the 981 Boxster photos I attached to post #417 above is the vehicle lromanosky initially posted & was deleted by our moderator. So that is not my car.

If you mean the 'red' in my current Audi R8 Spyder in my 'signature', yes that has a two tone 'black/red' interior. If you meant my old MY2012 Boxster Spyder, which I referred to in my post to sfo, that indeed had a full 'Carrera Red' interior! However I did 'carpet in deviating color' (Black) and it had 'charcoal' alcantara seat inlays & door panels. So it was not all 'red'...which can be too much!

Now that Porsche has responded to the numerous requests from its customers & finally offered a two tone 'Black/Red' interior (in this case, 'Garnet Red' which is supposedly pretty close to the old 'Carrera Red'), I strongly believe that two-tone 'Black/Garnet' is the way to go if you like a 'red' interior on a 991! It lessens the overwhelming 'sea of red' you would get otherwise, cuts down on the windshield glare with the 'Black' leather dash and it offers deviating stitching that is noticeable & elegant! And all at a pretty reasonable price...for Porsche. It is all personal taste & opinion, but I am not tired of Audi's version of 'black/red' in my R8. And I positively loved the unique interior of my '12 Boxster Spyder!

Having said all that, I believe that the most attractive interior combination offered by Porsche today on the 991 is 'Espresso/Cognac'. First of all, both leathers are the better 'natural' grade. I believe only the 'Garnet' portion is categorized as 'natural' by Porsche in that other combo and the lower pricing for 'Black/Garnet' is reflective of that fact. And the 'Espresso/Cognac' combo looks extremely 'rich' in person! However, that choice all depends with what exterior color you are going with! There are some exterior colors where 'Black/Garnet' would be an unbeatable combination! Especially with carpet in deviating color (Black)! Above all else, go with your gut feeling re: whichever interior leather combo YOU like best!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!