Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 03:16 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Duke I
This is what I'm told from the dealer:

"Regarding Z-option: # 24951​ 'Carpet in deviated color': This option isn’t an option any more through a traditional build. There is a special requests department with Porsche. If you wanted to do carpet in a different color, we put a request in with them and they tell us if it is feasible and what the cost would be. They tend to be pricey options, but we can put the request in."

Does this sound right?
Originally Posted by Suzy991
Go find another dealer... They tell you BS if you ask me.
Lazy dealer, trying to deter you from picking something more unique.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:36 PM
Fixinbones
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 69 Posts

This is what I'm told from the dealer: "Regarding Z-option: # 24951​ 'Carpet in deviated color': This option isn’t an option any more through a traditional build. There is a special requests department with Porsche. If you wanted to do carpet in a different color, we put a request in with them and they tell us if it is feasible and what the cost would be. They tend to be pricey options, but we can put the request in." Does this sound right?
What a loser! That would take him about 2 minutes to order on their configurator!!
Old 05-08-2014, 06:03 PM
Duke I
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Is it possible that the option was simply dropped from the MY2015 Porsche exclusive options list?

I called PCNA and their response was, "whatever the dealer says should be correct."

Last edited by Duke I; 05-08-2014 at 06:30 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:37 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

This is what I'm told from the dealer:

"Regarding Z-option: # 24951​ 'Carpet in deviated color': This option isn’t an option any more through a traditional build. There is a special requests department with Porsche. If you wanted to do carpet in a different color, we put a request in with them and they tell us if it is feasible and what the cost would be. They tend to be pricey options, but we can put the request in."

Does this sound right?
Is it possible that the option was simply dropped from the MY2015 Porsche exclusive options list?

I called PCNA and their response was, "whatever the dealer says should be correct."
Duke: This is the value of this forum and this thread. Here you actually get helpful information from those that have experienced custom ordering a Porsche!

a) First of all, the general customer number at PCNA is not the place to get information on Z-options or anything related to 'Porsche Exclusive'. You have to go directly to 'Porsche Exclusive', first in the US and then in Germany (last resort). More on that later.

b) The option of 'Carpet in deviating color' might be changed for MY2015. But I seriously doubt it. So just in case, you need to contact directly one of the two US representatives of 'Porsche Exclusive' and pose to them the question(s)! I have attached Sascha Glaeser & Melissa Witek's contact information at the bottom of this post! Send them an email.

c) As you saw in an earlier post, we know Porsche allowed Opt #24951 in MY2014 (see attached photo on a 991). The cost is less than $800. I did it on my '12 Boxster Spyder and it's a very common thing to do for those that custom order a Porsche! I doubt it's not available in MY2015!

d) Let me know what kind of response you get from Sascha or Melissa. If all fails here in the US, we'll contact 'Porsche Exclusive' in Germany! Good luck!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Vail Valley, CO

PS - 'Whatever the dealer says should be correct'. Really? In what alternative universe? Of all the words I have ever heard uttered by customer service at PCNA in the last few years, this has to rate pretty high as the most disingenuous!

Attached Images   
Old 05-08-2014, 09:01 PM
Duke I
Rennlist Member

Thanks Eduardo. Email already sent.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:41 AM
apias
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
... PS - 'Whatever the dealer says should be correct'. Really? In what alternative universe? ...
Technically, I think, whatever the dealer says should be correct. It's the alternate universe where whatever the dealer says actually is correct.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:46 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,017 Likes on 612 Posts

I'm in the process of ordering a '15 and the code for deviated carpet came up on the dealer's computer with the Espresso/Cognac - $710, I think.
That was a few days ago. I would be surprised if they refused to grab the Espresso carpet instead of the Cognac for the extra $710, since its the carpeting you get if you order the interior in Espresso only.
No idea about trying to deviate to another color.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:14 AM
Duke I
Rennlist Member

Two of the three dealers I contacted said that the deviated carpet is no longer available. My dealer (the one who originally said it was not available) reported back that he was able to get the option into my build, and gave me his dealer order build code. When I brought it up in the Configurator, the message popped up "option 24951 no longer available." I got back to the dealer and asked that they PDF me the build summary, and the deviated carpet option was included on their build for $710. Must be some glitch in the dealer vs customer Configurator systems. Thanks for your help, as always.
Old 05-13-2014, 01:50 AM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

24951 - ordered and approved for me. 2015 PTS Targa 4S Euro Delivery October 2014
Old 05-14-2014, 04:27 AM
BrandoU2
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Deviated carpet in a standard color is definitely available using 24951. The cost is indeed $710. I ordered a MY2015 C2S a couple of weeks ago. I had a dealer tell me "the deviation is not possible but we can get you Espresso floor mats." Espresso floor mats are standard in an Espresso/Cognac interior!
I think its important to go with a guy who is experienced and won't hesitate to contact PCNA to make things happen.

Here it is:

1 991120 911 Carrera S 98,900.00
2 G0 Anthracite Brown Metallic 710.00
3 BH Natural Leather Int, Espresso/Cognac 5,790.00
4 176 Sport Exhaust System 2,950.00
5 250 Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) 4,080.00
6 446 Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche Crest 185.00
7 581 Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell 0.00
8 583 Smoking Package 0.00
9 603 Bi-Xenon" Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System 0.00
10 638 ParkAssist (Front and Rear) with Reversing Camera 1,645.00
11 640 Sport Chrono Package 2,370.00
12 653 Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof in Glass 1,990.00
13 748 Power Folding Side Mirrors 320.00
14 840 SportDesign Steering Wheel 490.00
15 911 Model Designation "911" 0.00
16 970 Two-Tone Leather Interior 0.00
17 998 Natural Leather Interior 0.00
18 P06 Power Sport Seats (14-way) with Memory Package 2,320.00
19 P3E Premium Package Plus i.c.w. Power Sport Seats (14-way) 2,330.00
20 24951 Carpet in Deviated Standard Color 710.00
21 ZAB Ornamental Porsche Crest 0.00
Total Retail Vehicle Price 124,790.00

Current projected completion date is July 18th. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-14-2014, 10:55 AM
Duke I
Rennlist Member

To the credit of my dealer, they figured out how to get it in my build also. Additionally, per Eduardo's suggestion, I contacted Melissa who was very helpful and had a lot of suggestions for my build. She stated that none of the 5 digit z-options are available in the customer website, but are only available in the dealer "ordering" Configurator. She said this is a recurring problem with dealers. Thanks all.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:50 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Eduardo, hopefully you can help me again.

I'm ordering an MY15 C2S with Black/Garnet Red interior and carbon fiber trim. Thanks to you, I'm also getting deviating carpet in black, which my very experienced dealer had no trouble entering. My issue is that I'd like to get Garnet Red stitching on the MT shift boot.

With the carbon fiber package, the shift boot and shift **** are black, and the **** has nice carbon trim as well. What I don't know is whether deviating stitching for the boot can be ordered as a stand-alone deviation or whether it is only available with CTX (which is an expensive solution for a little deviating stitching)? And if I have to go with CTX, will I lose the carbon fiber trim on the shift ****?
Old 05-19-2014, 12:05 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by hinckley
I'm ordering an MY15 C2S with Black/Garnet Red interior and carbon fiber trim...My issue is that I'd like to get Garnet Red stitching on the MT shift boot. With the carbon fiber package, the shift boot and shift **** are black, and the **** has nice carbon trim as well. What I don't know is whether deviating stitching for the boot can be ordered as a stand-alone deviation or whether it is only available with CTX (which is an expensive solution for a little deviating stitching)? And if I have to go with CTX, will I lose the carbon fiber trim on the shift ****?
That is a tough one!

A) 'CTX' is an expensive option indeed. It is a combination of two things: a color-coordinated leather boot and a chosen deviated stitching! If you opt for 'CTX' with a two tone Black/Garnet, I believe you will get a 'black' leather boot with 'Garnet Red' stitching. We know that 'CTX' with 'Espresso/Cognac' gets you an Espresso boot with Cognac stitching (see attached photo from Montesquieu's car). That beautiful but small detail will cost you US$1035!

B) Any one of the two 'Carbon Fiber' package (EEG or EEH) appears to get you on a 'Black/Garnet' two tone a 'black' leather boot with no deviating stitching and the small carbon trim on the shifter ****. The real value of this package is in the other cabin trim that will come with 'carbon fiber', not necessarily the small carbon bit on the ****. But at least you get something there!

C) You can ask 'Porsche Exclusive' if they will make some sort of exception and, should you go with either EEG or EEH, do the boot stitching in deviated 'Garnet Red'. You might get lucky and they'll say 'yes'. Or they may say 'yes, but ask you to pay an additional $1,035 for the privilege! In the end, you will have something unusual on your shifter - it will be 'black' with a bit of carbon, or 'black' with deviating stitching in 'Garnet Red', or all of the above! It will look good regardless.

As an aside, we have in the new two tone 'Black/Garnet' an apparent mixing up of leather grades! As some that have followed this thread from the beginning know, the only 'natural' grade (premium grade) leathers offered by Porsche on the 991 currently are 'Espresso', 'Cognac' (only as part of two tone option) and 'Garnet Red'. 'Black' is not a 'natural' grade leather. So unless they have upgraded the 'Black' leather used solely for the two tone 'Black/Garnet', you are getting one premium and one regular leather when you choose that dual tone combo! Thus, one can say you get more value for your $1035 if you opt for 'CTX' in 'Espresso/Cognac', since you get a shifter boot of higher quality leather for the same money as others will have to pay for standard 'Black' leather boot with a fancy deviating stitching. So caveat emptor.

Good luck with your custom order!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel, CA

Attached Images    
Old 05-19-2014, 05:15 AM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
So caveat emptor.

Good luck with your custom order!

Eduardo, I'm (slowly) getting there. And I've read every page of this thread from the beginning!! A couple of follow-up questions -

I am ordering EEG with the Black/Garnett Red interior. So do we know whether EEG + CTX keeps the carbon trim on the shift ****, or should I ask Porsche (and keep my fingers crossed they get it right)?

I know that this is matter of personal taste, but my current order is for Jet Black with Black/Garnett Red. It's pretty sporty look, but maybe over the top a bit. I'm also considering Dark Blue Metallic with Espresso/Cognac - a more sophisticated look, but maybe too subtle. Any opinions?
Old 05-19-2014, 11:54 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

I am ordering EEG with the Black/Garnett Red interior. So do we know whether EEG + CTX keeps the carbon trim on the shift ****, or should I ask Porsche (and keep my fingers crossed they get it right)?
I would think if you paid for both, you will get both! My original recommendation was (see C in that post above) to inquire directly with 'Porsche Exclusive' in the US. Ask them if they can add deviating stitching to the boot on EEG for less than $1035? In fact, as a rule, I would not custom order a Porsche with numerous 'Porsche Exclusive' content without first talking to or emailing one of the two 'Porsche Exclusive' contacts available to you! Sascha & Melissa are there to provide North American Porsche customers with guidance & assistance. Make sure you use them as a resource and get your very expensive custom order EXACTLY as you want it! Do not rely solely on what your dealer tells you. At the very least, do a final double-check with Sascha or Melissa before your order locks & can't be modified to make sure you understand fully what you are getting & if it could be improved with some last minute order tweaking! See attached contact info below.

I know that this is matter of personal taste, but my current order is for Jet Black with Black/Garnett Red. It's pretty sporty look, but maybe over the top a bit. I'm also considering Dark Blue Metallic with Espresso/Cognac - a more sophisticated look, but maybe too subtle. Any opinions?
I had a 'Carrera Red' interior with deviated carpet in 'Black' on my recent MY2012 Boxster Spyder and it looked terrific. Had Porsche at that time offered a two tone 'Black/Carrera Red', I would have chosen that! With the current selections in the 991, I am also a big fan of the 'Espresso/Cognac' interior. In general, I think the two tone (with it's coordinated deviating stitching in key places) offers great 'value' as an option! I also like the fact, with 'Espresso / Cognac', that both of those leathers are 'natural' grade! But of course the price it's also 'naturally' higher! Go with whatever coordinates best with your chosen exterior color & what interior combo pulls at your heart the most! You only live once!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images  

Last edited by Z356; 05-19-2014 at 12:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!