Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any ideas on how much Porsche charges for a non-standard interior?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 11:53 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
i really wish i would have done more with the last 3 porsches i've order in the past year...

then again, i go crazy w/ the config.. i can only imagine what other options are out there..

so from what i gather, you can get a list from dealer that shows some options not available on the config, how would one go about getting a more extensive list from porsche exclusive?
I never got a definitive 'list' of everything available from 'Porsche Exclusive'. That is because there are normal requests (for which they have already codes) and special requests (for which they make up new codes just for your order!). It took me months of back & forth with 'Porsche Exclusive' in Germany to explore & understand all possibilities. I also spent countless hours studying other fully optioned cars at PCNA dealer sites (which list all options on any particular car in inventory), plus doing extensive research of custom Porsche orders on three or four enthusiasts forums like this one! It was a monumental learning experience!

Two of the options on my Spyder (leather console with stitching and leather door sills) were NEVER offered on any Spyder order list ever put out by PAG. But they were available on the Cayman R. So I talked them into doing them for my Spyder...at a price, of course! A friend wanted 'alcantara' sunvisors on his Cayman R like those available on the .2 gt3 RS and he also got 'Porsche Exclusive' to provide them on his order, event thought they were not available on the Cayman R. So there are some 'grey areas' where you can try to convince them to put up a special custom package for you, even outside the normal offerings of 'Porsche Exclusive'!

You first need to 'imagine' the kind of interior you want and then understand all the possibilities that are available at Porsche to help you accomplish that goal! I tried to explain all of that in my thread of a 'Tale of a Custom Order' Spyder at the link in my previous post. Although you can't order a Spyder any longer, the custom ordering process & logic is still applicable to any of you thinking of utilizing 'Porsche Exclusive' to personalize your 991 or 981!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Old 06-05-2012, 12:39 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
There are now two persons presently in the US with the task to promote 'Porsche Exclusive' with the P dealer network and also assist individuals who want to custom order their Porsches. The team is headed by Sascha Glaeser, who has been transferred from Zuffenhausen to Los Angeles. He was part of the 'Porsche Exclusive' department in Germany and is very knowledgeable. He is assisted in the US by the lovely Melissa Witek, who is based in New York.

Sasha was very helpful with my custom ordered MY2012 Spyder. 'Porsche Exclusive' has one of the most extensive interior customizing program in the auto industry. There is nothing like this available from Mercedes or BMW. Audi has a similar program (Audi Exclusive) but it's very limited. The custom ordering process, however, is very complicated and requires extensive study to understand all the options available and choose the correct ones for your car. Many of the 'Porsche Exclusive' options are NOT listed in the 'configurator' and even on the 'order guides' at the dealer's PCNA computer ordering system. To make matters worse, most sales folks at P dealers are clueless about all the possibilities available on a custom Porsche order. But if you have time, patience and the money, a customized interior is the best way to go!

In a 'Tale of a Custom Order' over at the 987 Forum, I described all the steps I took to educate myself and insure that I had a fully customized interior on my '12 Spyder. It might be a interesting read to some of you curious to know how 'Porsche Exclusive' actually works:

https://rennlist.com/forums/987-foru...tom-order.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Vail Valley, Colorado
Sascha Glaeser is one of my favorite folks I see at the Porsche events. No matter how long it's been since I've seen Sascha he always remembers at the "Nordic Metallic Gold 997.2 Turbo Guy". He remembers the car I configured with Florian some years back. Good Guy
Old 10-05-2013, 10:54 AM
rajnitaraj
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS it possible to get the entire interior w/o leather

Is it possible to get a porsche without leather and have it entirely in alcantara or cloth?

Originally Posted by rijowysock

Quick Reply: Any ideas on how much Porsche charges for a non-standard interior?