Sponsored by:

wow....

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by rodsky
For Pete's sake, the 991 is lighter than the 997. Thats a first in todays day and age.
Sort of. The reality is they are about the same, however the 991 uses aluminum panels, like previous GT models. So while they have maintained the 997S weight, they have used some (most?) of the tricks from their playbook to do so. That doesn't bode well for the weight of the 991GT3. Of course there are the diminishing returns of CF...
Old 02-11-2012, 10:02 AM
FLM911
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice one Matt - congrats on the new car. Sounds awesome. Clear your impressed, which is praise for the 991 indeed given your prior cars and experience. Was looking at the black 991 at Leith yesterday....daly driver is due a change

Perfect your up at VIR this weekend, assume the car is stock (I'm really thinking brakes, fluid and tires). Knowing how you can drive, be great to see comparative lap times although the weather in Raleigh looks very cold today/tomorrow. Also get your
thoughts on how well the 991 holds up at the track. All cars have points of weakness at the track, and with the electronics on the 991 I guess time will really tell the story especially during the summer heat at venues like VIR or Road Atlanta etc.

Good luck and enjoy the track Matt. If I'd known you were going, I'd bring the GT3 and run it side by side with video!
Old 02-11-2012, 02:39 PM
930man
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Richard... Great daily driver!!! I would want the dynamic chassis.. Come drive mine you will like it..
So far the car has been a blast on the track!! I send ya a note when lil more time!
Getting cold up here!

Quick Reply: wow....