Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Taking orders now for Aug delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 03:24 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Taking orders now for Aug delivery?

I stopped by the dealership, where incidentally they had at least 3 991S vehicles all ready and waiting in the delivery area. A basalt blk/red interior, dark blue with biege and a guards red/black.

I asked if I don't take my vehicle now and instead order another one with more options such as full leather and sport seats plus, but I was told to expect an Aug delivery. I think that's a bit too long, so I'll just take my current vehicle. They don't have any vehicles in stock.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:25 PM
tomshop
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I doubt that is really the case. I just put my order in for a March build/April delivery on an S Cab.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:33 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Is it possible that the wait for a cab is less, whereas coupe orders are much more? coz they are willing to allow me to cancel and re-order, as they expect to sell my car very easily, so why would they mislead me about Aug delivery?
Old 02-12-2012, 03:39 PM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by aamersa
Is it possible that the wait for a cab is less, whereas coupe orders are much more? coz they are willing to allow me to cancel and re-order, as they expect to sell my car very easily, so why would they mislead me about Aug delivery?
I doubt the wait for a cab would be less than a coupe.

They're just trying to move the stuff sitting on the sales floor.

Talk to another dealer.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:48 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

They don't have any 991 sales floor cars currently only custom ordered ones like mine, and there is only one dealership in Dubai. There is another one in Abu Dhabi but going there would be pointless as I have a 10% deposit here that I would risk losing.

Prior to 2009 recession they only required a token deposit to book a car which they happily refunded upon any cancellation. But they got flooded with cancellations that year, and since then the policy has been a 10% deposit requirement which you lose if you cancel.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:50 PM
rickrsm
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out http://www.porschedealer.com/dealer/usLocator/ All the dealers list their inventories, either in stock or on vessel....
Old 02-12-2012, 04:00 PM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by aamersa

...I asked if I don't take my vehicle now and instead order another one with more options...
Sorry, your post read like the three cars on the floor were for sale. That and I didn't realize you're in Dubai !

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Taking orders now for Aug delivery?