Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

news i heard today when placing order.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 06:54 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
every car i order from them is the same, I send them build, they write up contract with my discount and require 5k down... the rest I usually pay them in full right around the build date.
What sort of discount do u expect?
Old 11-05-2011, 10:22 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by alexb76
What sort of discount do u expect?
i get 2500 over invoice on all special orders and i usually throw them an extra 500 when the car arrives as a thanx.. so 3k over invoice... obviously bigger discount the more expensive the car is.. they wouldn't allow my usual on the first slots but that works for me since i dont want delivery till april... and now might even wait till june or so because i would like the newest model year so when I sell it, it's the current year and not a "year old" 991..

my dealer/discount is special because of the volume of cars myself and friends buy from them, here in florida i get no discount and most demand a premium for the newer cars... which is why i always buy at the same dealer out of state for the last 4 porsches... the same dealer also sells ferrari/lambo/rolls/bentley/mclaren which several of friends splurge on so the dealer helps us on price in return.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:30 AM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 308 Likes on 175 Posts

Riley, are you getting the 'S' or base model and why?
Jim
Old 11-06-2011, 09:59 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 96redLT4
Riley, are you getting the 'S' or base model and why?
Jim
i'm getting the base model without a doubt, first of all i do NOT want a heavier car on 20" rims... i think the 19's should be available by free option on the "S", secondly i think the up charge for the "S" is absurd! 50hp, larger brakes, bigger wheels, and some random misc does not merit 17k... the base still comes with nav standard and ipod and all the new standard goodies so it's perfect for me..

on my 997.2 pdk non "s", i simply did some exhaust mods with some lighter than stock but wider wheels I was always dead even with my friends 997.2 pdk "s"... but it's not all about speed, I just really like bare bonesing it out... the base 911 has always been more than adequate with me and i've never felt the need to "s" someone and one up them. as with my cayenne's... i don't feel the "S" is a worthy upgrade but the Turbo is the next true upgrade... if my rationalization would allow me to buy a turbo thats what i would do for the next bump in speed/so forth... unfortunately I dont believe in financing and my head just can't allow me to justify double the cost for the same car with a different engine and tons of free options.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:52 PM
4 Track Mind
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This quote appears from time to time

http://books.google.com/books?id=4-B...uicker&f=false

But it appeared as early as 2000. To me it's unclear whether a modern c4 would be faster in the dry. Regardless, fun in the snow and wide haunches get my vote.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:02 AM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 308 Likes on 175 Posts

i'm getting the base model without a doubt, first of all i do NOT want a heavier car on 20" rims... i think the 19's should be available by free option on the "S", secondly i think the up charge for the "S" is absurd! 50hp, larger brakes, bigger wheels, and some random misc does not merit 17k... the base still comes with nav standard and ipod and all the new standard goodies so it's perfect for me..

on my 997.2 pdk non "s", i simply did some exhaust mods with some lighter than stock but wider wheels I was always dead even with my friends 997.2 pdk "s"... but it's not all about speed, I just really like bare bonesing it out... the base 911 has always been more than adequate with me and i've never felt the need to "s" someone and one up them. as with my cayenne's... i don't feel the "S" is a worthy upgrade but the Turbo is the next true upgrade... if my rationalization would allow me to buy a turbo thats what i would do for the next bump in speed/so forth... unfortunately I dont believe in financing and my head just can't allow me to justify double the cost for the same car with a different engine and tons of free options.
Can't argue with this. I think your 991 will be an amazing car!
Jim
Old 11-12-2011, 12:58 PM
jrt600
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone heard any rumors as to whether or not Porsche will offer the black on tan two-tone interior as a regular option for the 991 (as anything other than a special order interior)? To me, it's hard to beat a 911 with a black exterior and the two-tone black & tan interior.

Last edited by jrt600; 11-12-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:50 PM
Alstoy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jrt600
anyone heard any rumors as to whether or not Porsche will offer the black on tan two-tone interior as a regular option for the 991 (as anything other than a special order interior)? To me, it's hard to beat a 911 with a black exterior and the two-tone black & tan interior.
Now that's interesting. I had a black/tan interior (forest green ext) BMW, once. Your combo sounds very provocative. I've always wanted to own a black car. Everyone is always going on about how hard they are to keep clean.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:17 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,059 Likes on 743 Posts

every car i order from them is the same, I send them build, they write up contract with my discount and require 5k down... the rest I usually pay them in full right around the build date.

My Build (might add full leather but not sure yet)

The new 911 Carrera $82,100
Exterior Color
Carrara White B4
$0
Interior Color
Yachting Blue standard interior EG
$0
Exterior
Performance
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) 250
$4,080
Wheels
19-inch Carrera wheel 411
$0
Interior
Seat ventilation (front) 541
$840
Sport seats P09
$0
Seat heating (front) 342
$690
Since you're getting PDK, what about sport chrono? Or is that included somehow in the new cars?
Old 11-12-2011, 08:38 PM
Alstoy
Burning Brakes

rijowysock-thought you might find the below quote from the Evo 991 review (another poster) interesting:

"The steering is indeed more filtered, with most of the hyper-organic jiggles and tugging tossed out. There's still a progressive ramp-up in steering effort that feels natural enough for a car that sells mainly to older folk who aren’t cross-shopping an Exige."
Old 11-13-2011, 04:40 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Alstoy
rijowysock-thought you might find the below quote from the Evo 991 review (another poster) interesting:

"The steering is indeed more filtered, with most of the hyper-organic jiggles and tugging tossed out. There's still a progressive ramp-up in steering effort that feels natural enough for a car that sells mainly to older folk who aren’t cross-shopping an Exige."
lol.. the exige steering is great, as long as your not trying to park it.. i have been debating on the assist steering, my cayenne has it... but im curious how it feels with and without... eventho i placed deposit and ordered the car my dealer says the bases are gonna be slim to no allocations till 2013 model drops... he said everything being built right now is PDK "S" models.. but i need to talk with him more.

white on blue, no sunroof on 19's is FIRM... full leather is a debate, and the assist steering a debate.. model delete is a must... i LOVE that it comes standard with NAV and iPod tho!

edited this pic a rennlister took...

my baby!
Attached Images  
Old 11-13-2011, 08:05 PM
Alstoy
Burning Brakes

I will say it again-love the build. It's as pure as you can get IMHO. If/when I do get one, it will be very much the same other than leather and assist (I will skip). Totally with you on the model delete. I might go a step further and delete the entire thing (easy to clean). I'm at extremes on exterior colour-silver/black/white. ON another note-have you considered Euro delivery to get your hands on the car sooner? Cheers.

Quick Reply: news i heard today when placing order.....