Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

news i heard today when placing order.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 04:23 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Default news i heard today when placing order.....

june deliveries will be "2013" models and will include that availability to order the AWD models as well in both trims..

i wanted my 991 to arrive around april but after talking with dealer 2 additional months seems like the better choice, entire model year newer and of course there will be some small changes/upgrades as well.. also curious to see how wide the 4 will be... the RWD model already has gorgeous hips.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:42 AM
Mbiondo
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Does anyone else get the feeling that in the 991 the C4/S will sport the same body as the C2/S? I just get the sensation that, unlike the 997, the rear width of the base 991 is already wide and will serve dual purposes. Will probably have the 305 rear tires, and “4S” at the end of that paragraph in the rear lid.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbiondo
Does anyone else get the feeling that in the 991 the C4/S will sport the same body as the C2/S? I just get the sensation that, unlike the 997, the rear width of the base 991 is already wide and will serve dual purposes. Will probably have the 305 rear tires, and “4S” at the end of that paragraph in the rear lid.
Not me, I'm guessing the 991 C4/S will be wider.

The 997 narrow bodies are almost as wide as the prior 996 C4s. This seemed wide at the time of introduction, then came the 997 C4/S and it was made a little wider. I'll bet Porsche repeats this pattern with the 991.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:19 PM
WCE
User

Received 188 Likes on 91 Posts

If any 991S's are delivered this year, they can't sold as model year 2013. I had originally heard all 991s would be 2013's but given the launch cars expected to show up at the dealers in December, maybe this makes sense. It would be a bit of a bummer to pay full MSRP and get a one model year "older" car than those delivered few months later and perhaps at a discount!
Old 11-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Mbiondo
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Mspeedster
Not me, I'm guessing the 991 C4/S will be wider.

The 997 narrow bodies are almost as wide as the prior 996 C4s. This seemed wide at the time of introduction, then came the 997 C4/S and it was made a little wider. I'll bet Porsche repeats this pattern with the 991.
Yeah, good point. That may just be the case. But the spy shots of the Turbo didn't suggest wider hips. Or maybe that's just disguise hiding true skin underneath. Indeed an even wider rear 991 could be spectacular looking from a 3/4 angle.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:26 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

the turbo spy shot was wide as all hell and hips had a crease in em they were so wide.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:35 PM
pt767
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious...what car/options did you order on your upcoming 991? Is there just a deposit required & is the price negotiated once the car arrives? Thanks!
Old 11-05-2011, 12:12 AM
pratas
Intermediate

My local dealer has an early bird program if you confirm all options by Nov 30, the "840 - 3-spoke Sports steering wheel with shift paddles" will be FOC.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:18 AM
Maxy
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mbiondo
I think they'll have to make the 4S wider just so they have enough room to fit the "4S" at the end of that paragraph on the rear lid.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:30 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by pt767
Just curious...what car/options did you order on your upcoming 991? Is there just a deposit required & is the price negotiated once the car arrives? Thanks!
every car i order from them is the same, I send them build, they write up contract with my discount and require 5k down... the rest I usually pay them in full right around the build date.

My Build (might add full leather but not sure yet)

The new 911 Carrera $82,100
Exterior Color
Carrara White B4
$0
Interior Color
Yachting Blue standard interior EG
$0
Exterior
Performance
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) 250
$4,080
Wheels
19-inch Carrera wheel 411
$0
Interior
Seat ventilation (front) 541
$840
Sport seats P09
$0
Seat heating (front) 342
$690

I actually really like the standard seats over the sport (because the mismatched backs, everything inside car is the chrome silver color but the backs are still volcano grey????).. did not want the roof for weight and because i'm anti sun in my face.. i really love the 19's so thats a freebie and easy.. and Nav and iPod are free now so thats awesome too..

one of the things i am debating now since delivery of my '12 cayenne with full leather is changing the blue to blue full leather... and if i change that i might add a few other small options maybe at same time... I dont want the vehicle to come until april/may so we obviously have not filled the available slots yet (he has jan delivery slots now)

also the steering wheel I actually like the buttons, went the paddle route on last porsche and this current one i got the other day im back to buttons and like them..

my order is still "up in the air" slightly.. so I will overanalyze it a bit further but should be done for the most part.... i'm also waiting for them to give a -30mm sport susp like previous 997, but if they require 20" wheels i'll have to opt out....

Originally Posted by Maxy
I think they'll have to make the 4S wider just so they have enough room to fit the "4S" at the end of that paragraph on the rear lid.
thats hilarious, first check for me was "rear logo delete!" just want Porsche and maybe 911... not even sure on 911 yet.. still busy...

Originally Posted by pratas
My local dealer has an early bird program if you confirm all options by Nov 30, the "840 - 3-spoke Sports steering wheel with shift paddles" will be FOC.
isn't that like $250 option? id rather take my time and build it how i want perfectly... i always trip up on my build so i gave myself some time to change it this time.. plus i wanna wait till spring to sell my lotus so spring is better for delivery for me.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:49 PM
FI Flyer
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are getting heated seats, get the heated steering wheel too.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Alstoy
Burning Brakes

rijowysock-Love the build. I plan to get basically the same build when I get mine. Glad to someone else that is skipping the sunroof. Would like to hear your thoughts; and others', on the difference in full leather vs. standard. Cheers.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:22 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by FI Flyer
If you are getting heated seats, get the heated steering wheel too.
i would if i would use it, im only getting the heated seat because it's required for the ventilated seats... :-/ i had heated seats and wheel on my 09 pdk but used it maybe once on accident and wondered why my hands were so hot...

Originally Posted by Alstoy
rijowysock-Love the build. I plan to get basically the same build when I get mine. Glad to someone else that is skipping the sunroof. Would like to hear your thoughts; and others', on the difference in full leather vs. standard. Cheers.

for my '11 cayenne and '12 cayenne the full leather is night and day... before the dash and doors were "meh" and i bought the full leather for that reason, but when i got in the car the leather on the seats is night and day super soft and more plush, the doors and dash are great and on top of that other little misc items covered are great as well... like the console and under the dash.. and the cup holders on doors and so forth... its expensive at ~4k but end of the day it looks phenominal... i just hope it never gets dirty because cleaning the full leather interior on my 05Cab carrera was a pain in the ***!!!! every square damn inch had to be cleaned and cleaned and this and that...
Old 11-05-2011, 05:49 PM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally, I don't understand why you would need an AWD option? Even back when the 996 came out, the rear end was so well controlled that AWD was no longer a handling cure. Because of the heavier weight and more work by the front tires, Walter Rohrl lapped the Nurburgring 6-7 seconds slower in the "4" variant versus its 2WD bretheren.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:28 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 10 GT3
Personally, I don't understand why you would need an AWD option? Even back when the 996 came out, the rear end was so well controlled that AWD was no longer a handling cure. Because of the heavier weight and more work by the front tires, Walter Rohrl lapped the Nurburgring 6-7 seconds slower in the "4" variant versus its 2WD bretheren.
i personally dont but i can understand it for snow and such for peace of mind, i was just saying that the other 2 variants were coming out soon and with that change the model year would be newer.

the AWD is obviously heavier but the new magnetic clutch can be disengaged easily for RWD use... (if needed, not sure when that is however)..

end of the day i like the AWD body, but not the AWD weight.. which is where the GTS capitalized...

Quick Reply: news i heard today when placing order.....