Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should my dec allocation order have a build date by now?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 06:31 PM
jjoey
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should my dec allocation order have a build date by now?

I've been nudging my dealer to give me more firm info on the status of my 991 order (December allocation), which I placed about 5 weeks ago. It seems like some others here (and on other forums) already have a build date? I'm probably just being fidgety during the torturous wait for my new P-car, but...

Should I have a build date or more hard info on when my order will be built/delivered from my dealer by now? The last thing he's told me was "expected feb/march" delivery.

Thanks,
Joey
Old 11-14-2011, 06:46 PM
gary k
Intermediate

here's what i received from my dealer in mid-october.

Your Order Reference Number is: 239xxxx and the vehicle is estimated to complete production on 12/12/2011. If all goes as planned, your vehicle should reach our dealership by the end of January 2012 and ready for retail delivery, on time, for the scheduled US Launch Date of the 991.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:58 PM
jjoey
Intermediate

Thanks Gary. I have an order number 240xxxx, so a bit behind yours. It doesn't sound like you have an official build date anyway, but maybe more like a savvy or experienced estimate from your dealer.

My invoice shows 'order accepted' and my allocation is shown as 12/1/2011-12/31/2011.

I have not done a custom order of a car before, so I am not sure how the process should look. I also have never worked with this dealer before and I want to know if he is on top of his game.

Quick Reply: Should my dec allocation order have a build date by now?