Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 Exhaust and Tune

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2024 | 12:31 PM
GoTime
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bergmn
Since you have been driving on our Softronic tune for a while, may i ask which, if any, options you selected when you ordered it? I'm driving a 987.2 Base. I've done tunes on a previous (non Porsche) car from another tuner and loved it. My Softonic "kit" will arrive Monday. I see an option for Sport mode always on. Since my car lacks sport mode I'm inclined to go with that option. What did you select and love? Did you skip any options you regret not having? I'm not planning track driving. Just spirited mountain road driving. My biggest goal is better throttle response which I'm confident this will deliver. Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.

I don’t track mine either. I had them peg the tune to the sport button, but that’s it. No other changes, just more boost. Biggest change is 4-5 gear, like 60-85mph. You’re not in second long enough to build boost, third near redline is great too.
The following users liked this post:
Bergmn (07-12-2024)
Old 07-12-2024 | 12:38 PM
porsche_ag12
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dvalera001
I have the SharkWerks sport exhaust and recently did the APR at-home tune Stage 1 - ECU and TCU. This turned my 991.2 into an animal. Big difference in sound and performance. Love driving it even more.
What did the TCU tune do/how did it help?
Old 07-12-2024 | 11:10 PM
dvalera001
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by porsche_ag12
What did the TCU tune do/how did it help?
It compliments the ECU tune and has several benefits.. see here: https://www.goapr.com/products/softw...s/TCU-PDK-9912
Old 07-18-2024 | 02:42 AM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GoTime
I don’t track mine either. I had them peg the tune to the sport button, but that’s it. No other changes, just more boost. Biggest change is 4-5 gear, like 60-85mph. You’re not in second long enough to build boost, third near redline is great too.
This is the biggest load of horse **** I have ever heard.
Do you even own a turbo car?

You’re not in second long enough to build boost? Hahahaha
You do realise boost is built at rpm? After 4,000 rpm you are making boost. The same as in any gear.
Are you driving in ecconomy mode where the car shifts into 4th gear in 20 feet? 🤣.

And you had the tune “Pegged” to the sport button. Complete horse ****. Your car has one ECU tune. The tune does not change when you change modes.
Your tune increased boost and nothing else? 🤣 If that were the case, you’d run lean and blow the motor.

Are you 12 years old and don’t even own a car?

Everything you said is completely false.

Last edited by 4 Point 0; 07-18-2024 at 02:44 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 4 Point 0:
Cityfisher (07-18-2024), Pepper301 (07-18-2024)
Old 07-18-2024 | 01:47 PM
GoTime
Rennlist Member

Hey man, sorry you woke up on the wrong side of the bed, that post was totally unnecessary.

I understand how boost works. In second gear it builds but you’re shifting to third so quickly I never get near max boost when accelerating aggressively. And I also understand the tune is a lot more than more boost, but that’s the primary/most visible change. The tune does change when I change modes, in that in normal mode, there's no tune, it's not active, it's the stock ECU map.

No need to be rude, we don’t need that **** and it accomplishes nothing.

Last edited by GoTime; 07-18-2024 at 02:14 PM.
wkearney99 (07-25-2024)
Old 07-18-2024 | 01:55 PM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

In second gear it builds but you’re shifting to third so quickly I never get near max boost when accelerating aggressively. And I also understand the tune is a lot more than more boost, but that’s the primary/most visible change.
For what it's worth, I can hit peak boost (~22psi) on my APR tune, base turbos, when running through the gears 1-4.
GoTime (07-18-2024)
Old 07-18-2024 | 01:57 PM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
The tune does not change when you change modes.
With the APR the boost is higher in Sport/Sport+ than it is in Regular. Not quite tune-changing tho.

Mode Switching - Switchable power levels and features through Porsche Normal, Sport, and Sport+ profiles

Last edited by AdamSanta85; 07-18-2024 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07-18-2024 | 03:17 PM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

We offer a great solution for the 991.2 - please contact us if you have any questions. Forum discount available.
The full system pictured includes catalysts designed to fit the OEM muffler or our proprietary X-Pipe.
The X-Ppie replaces the center muffler in the same manner and can be used with OEM catalysts or the SpeedTech catalysts.
HJS cat cores are utilized for no CEL issues.

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials SpeedTech Exhaust Videos facebook
Old 07-18-2024 | 05:44 PM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Hey man, sorry you woke up on the wrong side of the bed, that post was totally unnecessary.

I understand how boost works. In second gear it builds but you’re shifting to third so quickly I never get near max boost when accelerating aggressively. And I also understand the tune is a lot more than more boost, but that’s the primary/most visible change. The tune does change when I change modes, in that in normal mode, there's no tune, it's not active, it's the stock ECU map.

I'll say this does sound odd, not getting near max boost in second. If you floor it, It should get to max boost by 4k rpms. If not, I'd inclined to believe you have a mechanical issue; i.e. boost leak or exhaust leak betore the turbo somewhere. Or the wastegate on the turbos is messed up as they've been known to get seized.

Last edited by spdracerut; 07-18-2024 at 05:48 PM.
MingusDew (07-18-2024)
Old 07-18-2024 | 06:30 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

If English is not your first language, then I apologise for for being so harsh. If it is your first language then its also your first Rodeo.

Map switching does not exist on this platform yet. M-Engineering is working on it, to toggle maps, but it certainly won’t have anything to do with your sport button.

The only reason 2nd is flying by fast is because you're on boost, not because it does not make boost. if you weren’t making boost in 2nd it would take forever in 2nd not fly by.

It still stands, Everything you said is wrong. If you’re a noob and still learning that is fine. But your comments confuse others.

No other person on the planet has ever said their tune was pegged to sport button. Its not a thing.

Last edited by 4 Point 0; 07-18-2024 at 06:32 PM.
Old 07-18-2024 | 06:32 PM
GoTime
Rennlist Member

I don’t have the m tune, I have the softronic, and yes, they can make the tune turn on and off which the sport button.
Old 07-18-2024 | 07:09 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

I don’t have the m tune, I have the softronic, and yes, they can make the tune turn on and off which the sport button.
You do not have the ability to map switch.

Saying you have no tune in normal mode and a tune in sport mode is map switching.

I don’t believe you have that, you are mistaken.
Old 07-18-2024 | 07:14 PM
GoTime
Rennlist Member

@Softronic care to weigh in?
Old 07-18-2024 | 07:50 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

@Softronic care to weigh in?
Let me explain why this would be a very silly thing to do, “Pegging” map switching to Sport mode button.

Let’s say you have an E85 tune. You fill up with E85, and you push sport for your E85 tune and all is well.

But you later pull over for lunch. You take a long lunch and are relaxed. You jump back in the car, when you start it you cruise off. You are now driving on a stock map with a tank full of E85. You get a surge of blood and floor it. The least if what happens is you misfire and go into limp mode, and the worst is you run lean and blow the motor because you forgot to push the Sport button.

IF you do have map switching, then you would not want it pegged to something that changes with ignition cycles.

This is why they put it out of harms way. So you can match the tune to what is in the tank. And not have the car flip back on you.
Old 07-18-2024 | 08:23 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hello,
Yes Softronic does have the tune so when you hit the sport button it is applied, rather than from Porsche the stock generates the same HP in all modes. We can either set it that way or so it applies when the Sport button is pressed.We have had it for the 991.2 and 992 cars for years and commented on in Rennlist.

I wouldn't make a file for E85 for Porsche 9 series engines for obvious reasons and of course you couldn't in that scenario make it an on or off yet you could make it a level generated switched file.

Best,
Scott

24HRS Daytona Winners programmed by Softronic!

Porsche Interseries programmed along with teamed owned Tudor and World Challenge cars in an exclusive with Softronic.
Porsche PCA racing binary check by Softronic for compliance.

The following 3 users liked this post by Softronic:
awittig (07-18-2024), MingusDew (07-18-2024), thesaintusa (07-22-2024)

Quick Reply: 991.2 Exhaust and Tune