Sponsored by:

BEWARE SCAM Sam By Design & World Motorsport

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2024, 05:32 PM
Chameleon63$
Track Day

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default BEWARE SCAM Sam By Design & World Motorsport

Back story I have read this forum for years. I have dreamed of owning Porsches since childhood. After reaching some goals as an adult I dove in. I made this account a week or so ago knowing some very bad things were unfolding and eventually I would need to make this post to try and save people from losing their hard earned money, dream cars, and potential serious or fatal injury.

I am very thankful for all the insight I have gained from this community and truly wish the best for our community. I believe the core ethos of the Rennlist community should encompass the free sharing of knowledge, experience, and the future we can all build together on Rennlist.com as a group of highly passionate enthusiast.

I understand that mostly everyone on here has great things to say about Sam By Design and WorldMotorsport.

Allow me to share another perspective and try not to dismiss it simply because it goes against what you have been lead to believe. People also used to believe in bloodletting, that sugar was harmless, and that smoking was good for you among numerous other forms of NONSENSE.

Sam By Design and WorldMotorsport took a year and half to "complete" but actually butcher my 991 and have scammed me out of 50K, + parts they sold off my car giving me far under market value for them and of course they claimed they won’t work for my 991 yet turned around and resold them to other customers. The bill is still growing due to lack of numerous mechanical functions , failed systems, cost required for detailed examination of the car, enclosed trailer towing, and legal fees. Not to mention the fact that very simple safety concerns were over looked such as hand twistable loose control arms and pinch bolts. They had no care for alignment / suspension components or any other basic safety checks you would expect for a standard car shop MUCH LESS A SHOP TURNING OUT 1000+ HP Porsches. The car would have been a total write off mechanically had I continued to drive it how it was returned to me. The negligence could have injured me or potentially worse had I drove the car how it was returned to me much longer than the few pulls I did to determine I had been scammed.

We are having the car inspected, audited and documented. We are accounting for all failures and negligence using video, photo, expert assessment, by a neutral highly qualified shop. We are also having 3rd party laboratory analysis on coolant and oil .

Come to find out I am not the only one with an eerily similar story it is just not common information in this community or posted about for reasons I will refrain from addressing at this juncture.

Myself and several people I am now working with on this lawsuit only sent our cars to Sam By Design who sub contracted World Motorsport after a process of due diligence obtained primarily from the praise he has received on this website. We are aware most people will argue about this. LET ME BE CLEAR that's not the point of this post. In fact I believe many of the people who will argue are either paid by Sam and or have very simple bolt on kits with Cobb tunes essentially plug and play low difficulty builds. The point of this post is to make people aware, avoid painful experiences, avoid financial loss, and potentially fatal consequences resulting from the negligence by the two parties which will be defendants in this case as soon as our attorneys are ready to make the move.

We have been advised not to say much publicly on this forum pertaining to suit by our attorneys so we have kept the details vague.

However if you have had a bad experience with either of these vendors or are considering using them in the future: Sam By Design or World Motorsport. I encourage you to send me a private message we can hop on a call or email and discuss Fraud, Reckless Endangerment, Negligence, or any other Bad experiences committed by the defendants leading to the formation of this suit and the reason for this post.

Further more I anticipate Sam will jump on this thread with a novel only a fraudster would have time to write of gaslighting, uselessly cyclical arguments in which he attempts to write the consumer off as rude and or talk about how much help he has attempted to offer. I am not going to entertain Sam or his you never let me help you narrative. Sam and WorldMotorsport had a year and half to help me and a customer who's only concern was do it right, cut no corners, and make the car safe no matter the cost. They sent the me back a derelict death trap. Sam can type faster and write longer stories on subjects than any person I have ever encountered. Quite honestly I am amazed by how fast he text and types. I can type around 60 words a minute and am nowhere near close to being able to keep up with him. Cleary that's all he does. By trade do you know what we call folks with that skillset? STORY TELLER / FICTIONAL AUTHORS.

SAFE DRIVING!
PLEASE DM WITH ANY INFO THAT MAY HELP OR IF YOU HAVE CONCERNS OR SIMILAR STORIES
The following users liked this post:
GT4_Rick (05-17-2024)
Old 05-14-2024, 06:08 PM
MingusDew
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,216 Likes on 612 Posts

If you have a lawyer they would probably tell you to delete this post and to not discuss publicly the case. Some of these statements could be taken as libel and used in court against you depending on circumstances. I would err on the side of caution.

Last edited by MingusDew; 05-14-2024 at 06:10 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by MingusDew:
Highline-Autos.com (05-16-2024), Robb M. (05-16-2024), wkearney99 (05-15-2024)
Old 05-14-2024, 06:22 PM
white997
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 14 Posts

I can attest to the accuracy of this account, as I too underwent a strikingly similar ordeal with Sam of World Motorsports and Evospec, with Sam being the common link. A cursory search through my past posts will reveal a partial narrative from two years ago. At that time, the thread was swiftly locked by moderators (understandably, as Sam is a forum sponsor), stifling the opportunity for a full discussion where significant issues could have been aired. Subsequently, I refrained from further engagement on the forum due to stringent moderation policies, though efforts continued behind the scenes.

Sam's actions resulted in a loss of two years and tens of thousands of dollars for me. His trustworthiness is highly questionable; while his forum presence may project a carefully cultivated reputation, my interactions with several former associates and high-value clients have revealed a different reality. I possess ample evidence demonstrating his dishonesty in our transactions, and numerous individuals have privately reached out to me, sharing identical sentiments. Many prefer not to be named publicly due to their connections within the industry. I am willing to share this evidence privately with the moderators to ensure that the forum's response is based on factual evidence rather than perceived personal bias.

In the aftermath, another shop / Todd had to rectify Sam's mistakes over a span of six additional months to complete the work on my car and fix the mess.
The following 2 users liked this post by white997:
GT4_Rick (05-17-2024), toofast (05-19-2024)
Old 05-14-2024, 06:24 PM
white997
Instructor

nah, if anything he is being overly nice and polite given the facts behind sams actions. He is sharing a very pg13 version of what went down.
toofast (05-19-2024)
Old 05-14-2024, 08:16 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,200 Likes on 723 Posts

I remember seeing other posts about Sam on RL.

Old 05-15-2024, 07:18 AM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,264 Likes on 669 Posts

This post is pretty useless without any detail at all.

You could at least tell us exactly what car you have?
991.2? Turbo or 3.0?

What mods did you purchase?

Just a couple of facts thats all.

Last edited by 4 Point 0; 05-15-2024 at 08:23 AM.
Old 05-15-2024, 08:31 AM
ktnielsen
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 47 Posts

Enemy of good is better!
4 Point 0 (05-15-2024)
Old 05-15-2024, 10:40 AM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,107 Likes on 1,313 Posts

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
This post is pretty useless without any detail at all.

You could at least tell us exactly what car you have?
991.2? Turbo or 3.0?

What mods did you purchase?

Just a couple of facts thats all.
his welcome post says he's got a 2016 turbo if that helps
4 Point 0 (05-15-2024)
Old 05-15-2024, 01:28 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,116 Likes on 3,116 Posts

Originally Posted by Chameleon63$
Back story I have read this forum for years. I have dreamed of owning Porsches since childhood. After reaching some goals as an adult I dove in. I made this account a week or so ago knowing some very bad things were unfolding and eventually I would need to make this post to try and save people from losing their hard earned money, dream cars, and potential serious or fatal injury.

I am very thankful for all the insight I have gained from this community and truly wish the best for our community. I believe the core ethos of the Rennlist community should encompass the free sharing of knowledge, experience, and the future we can all build together on Rennlist.com as a group of highly passionate enthusiast.

I understand that mostly everyone on here has great things to say about Sam By Design and WorldMotorsport.

Allow me to share another perspective and try not to dismiss it simply because it goes against what you have been lead to believe. People also used to believe in bloodletting, that sugar was harmless, and that smoking was good for you among numerous other forms of NONSENSE.

Sam By Design and WorldMotorsport took a year and half to "complete" but actually butcher my 991 and have scammed me out of 50K, + parts they sold off my car giving me far under market value for them and of course they claimed they won’t work for my 991 yet turned around and resold them to other customers. The bill is still growing due to lack of numerous mechanical functions , failed systems, cost required for detailed examination of the car, enclosed trailer towing, and legal fees. Not to mention the fact that very simple safety concerns were over looked such as hand twistable loose control arms and pinch bolts. They had no care for alignment / suspension components or any other basic safety checks you would expect for a standard car shop MUCH LESS A SHOP TURNING OUT 1000+ HP Porsches. The car would have been a total write off mechanically had I continued to drive it how it was returned to me. The negligence could have injured me or potentially worse had I drove the car how it was returned to me much longer than the few pulls I did to determine I had been scammed.

We are having the car inspected, audited and documented. We are accounting for all failures and negligence using video, photo, expert assessment, by a neutral highly qualified shop. We are also having 3rd party laboratory analysis on coolant and oil .

Come to find out I am not the only one with an eerily similar story it is just not common information in this community or posted about for reasons I will refrain from addressing at this juncture.

Myself and several people I am now working with on this lawsuit only sent our cars to Sam By Design who sub contracted World Motorsport after a process of due diligence obtained primarily from the praise he has received on this website. We are aware most people will argue about this. LET ME BE CLEAR that's not the point of this post. In fact I believe many of the people who will argue are either paid by Sam and or have very simple bolt on kits with Cobb tunes essentially plug and play low difficulty builds. The point of this post is to make people aware, avoid painful experiences, avoid financial loss, and potentially fatal consequences resulting from the negligence by the two parties which will be defendants in this case as soon as our attorneys are ready to make the move.

We have been advised not to say much publicly on this forum pertaining to suit by our attorneys so we have kept the details vague.

However if you have had a bad experience with either of these vendors or are considering using them in the future: Sam By Design or World Motorsport. I encourage you to send me a private message we can hop on a call or email and discuss Fraud, Reckless Endangerment, Negligence, or any other Bad experiences committed by the defendants leading to the formation of this suit and the reason for this post.

Further more I anticipate Sam will jump on this thread with a novel only a fraudster would have time to write of gaslighting, uselessly cyclical arguments in which he attempts to write the consumer off as rude and or talk about how much help he has attempted to offer. I am not going to entertain Sam or his you never let me help you narrative. Sam and WorldMotorsport had a year and half to help me and a customer who's only concern was do it right, cut no corners, and make the car safe no matter the cost. They sent the me back a derelict death trap. Sam can type faster and write longer stories on subjects than any person I have ever encountered. Quite honestly I am amazed by how fast he text and types. I can type around 60 words a minute and am nowhere near close to being able to keep up with him. Cleary that's all he does. By trade do you know what we call folks with that skillset? STORY TELLER / FICTIONAL AUTHORS.

SAFE DRIVING!
PLEASE DM WITH ANY INFO THAT MAY HELP OR IF YOU HAVE CONCERNS OR SIMILAR STORIES
The problem I have with posts, such as these, is that it is really easy to sit back and post a narrative that supports a perceived position, with little or no context that led up to this particular difference of opinions.

The first, and most obvious thing that stands out is that you have stated he had the car for a year and a half. To me, and probably most reasonably intelligent folks, there was obviously some 'good' in that relationship, otherwise, you wouldn't have been working with him that long, you likely would have (or at least, it would have been in your best interests) to pull the car from his shop long before the above was written.

Two, you are providing zero context - you're whining about how much of an a$$hole the vendor is, but for those of us reading this on the back end, some fairly obvious questions present themselves:

- 1) Was this car new? Did you buy it used?
- 2) Was it in anyway modified prior to the vendor getting it?
- 3) Did it already have problems?
- 4) Did the vendor actually deliver what was promised? Was the car running and in good order when you got it back?
- 5) You and the vendor clearly had a plan when the vendor got it, what was it, and, was it executed as expected?
- 6) Any other relevant information that would sway our opinions, one way or the other, that is purposefully being omitted?

I have worked for, and continue to work for, and engineering firm in Canada. One of the things we do is forensic failure analysis, for both clients and court cases on both sides of the border, and I can tell you, with fairly good accuracy that this comment is very true:

Originally Posted by MingusDew
If you have a lawyer they would probably tell you to delete this post and to not discuss publicly the case. Some of these statements could be taken as libel and used in court against you depending on circumstances. I would err on the side of caution.
If I were the vendor on the back end of this, I would have already collected the above information, built a chronology over the timeline the car was in my shop, and then wait for you to serve me, then respond in kind. I am not entirely sure how much you actually know about cars, but your understanding of the legal system, and its mechanics, is most certainly lacking. @MingusDew has most certainly hit the nail on the head with his observation.

Also being a Canadian makes me want to strive for peace; I understand you are unhappy, it is obvious, but does that unhappiness have to become a very personal, and public, vendetta? If you answer to any specific detail on my 6 points above, and if there is truth to that context, your legal case is over before it starts.

My suggestion is that you reach back out to the vendor and voice your concerns in a civilized manner, and strive to seek a resolution that is mutually beneficial to you both. Barking at a guy from behind a screen in a secure location is a pussies way to resolve conflict; real men face it head on.

Give us more context, change our minds, otherwise, STFU.

Cheers,

Last edited by 2fcknfst; 05-15-2024 at 01:30 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by 2fcknfst:
4 Point 0 (05-15-2024), Dgags (05-18-2024), grim sleeper (05-16-2024)
Old 05-15-2024, 01:40 PM
romvendor
2nd Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I can also confirm that working with Sam By Design is nothing more than a middle man experience. He sells the work off to the cheapest bidder while just rebranding people's parts from his couch. He uses subpar Xona turbos with aero issues, has no real experience building actual fast cars, and has no business touching anything beyond bolt on hardware such as an exhaust. It is unfortunate for anyone if they spent this kind of money with him because I am certain the story sold isn't the experience that is going to be delivered.
The following 2 users liked this post by romvendor:
GT4_Rick (05-17-2024), white997 (05-15-2024)
Old 05-15-2024, 01:42 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Says the man with one post...
PorscheAddict (05-15-2024)
Old 05-15-2024, 02:25 PM
white997
Instructor

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst
Says the man with one post...

aahhhhhh Sam promises 4 months then lies to you for 2 years straight with every excuse in the book imaginable "one more week buddy" "death in the family" "tornado this week" "ninjas kidnapped my family" and drags you along. What are you supposed to do show up with a truck and collect all your parts while your car is apart ??
The following 2 users liked this post by white997:
Chameleon63$ (05-19-2024), GT4_Rick (05-17-2024)
Old 05-15-2024, 04:45 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by white997
aahhhhhh Sam promises 4 months then lies to you for 2 years straight with every excuse in the book imaginable "one more week buddy" "death in the family" "tornado this week" "ninjas kidnapped my family" and drags you along. What are you supposed to do show up with a truck and collect all your parts while your car is apart ??
I am not at all saying the vendor is perfect, or is a paragon of virtue; in my experience, there is always more to it, and folks will default to a position that allows them to deny taking any responsibility for themselves, while readily throwing someone under a bus.

It is essentially bullying, without proper context.

And if there is anything I loathe, it's bullies.

With that being said, if context is added and I am wrong for my position, I will be the first to admit it, and take responsibility for my actions.
Old 05-15-2024, 05:06 PM
SilverSFR
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 58 Posts

Forum moderators should remove this topic/thread completely.
Old 05-15-2024, 06:16 PM
white997
Instructor

Originally Posted by SilverSFR
Forum moderators should remove this topic/thread completely.

why is that so Sam can keep taking advantage of people ? If someone would have posted a story like this it would have saved me tens of thousands and 2 years of my time since i originally found Sam on this forum and believed his "reputation". Is the forum open discussion or not, or are we going to suppress anything that is sharing real experiences ? No to mention the forum would be opening themselves up to some serious legal liability if they start covering things up since Sam is a paid sponsor. Were not talking about a few $ thousand in a broken exhaust or something; were talking about several HUNDRED thousand $$ in damages just between me and the OP from the same vendor.
The following 6 users liked this post by white997:
ace10 (05-16-2024), Chameleon63$ (05-19-2024), GT4_Rick (05-17-2024), James88 (05-15-2024), Ksdaoski (05-15-2024), Muckesäckele (05-17-2024) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: BEWARE SCAM Sam By Design & World Motorsport