Sponsored by:

BEWARE SCAM Sam By Design & World Motorsport

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2024, 06:06 PM
PV997
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,519 Likes on 651 Posts

Originally Posted by white997
I don’t think the mods want to start aggressive cleansing as more ppl will be coming forward. My thread got locked / cleansed 2 years ago by one mod while I had multiple people reach out with support. If my original thread was allowed to go on, back then an argument could be made it would have prevented more ppl from being taken.
I've agreed with just about everything you've said in this thread except one thing and you allude to it above. You stated earlier that Reenlist closed your thread two years ago but it was "understandable" because it was critical of a vendor. It wasn't understandable unless you explicitly violated the terms of service. And term of service means something written in clear unambiguous language and not subject to moderator whims. I suspect you didn't, and without a written explanation they don't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

One heuristic that has worked well for me in life is that when people demand I stop communicating, demand things I've said be deleted, or insist that in order to keep talking I must meet some arbitrary set of rules (rules usually invented on the spot), then they are acting in bad faith. They may not even realize they are acting in bad faith but that doesn't excuse it. Multiple people in this thread have tried to silence you and the OP without good reason. Instead a mod has demanded a bunch of made-up questions be answered for the conversation to proceed. Unacceptable.

The answer to bad speech is good speech, not demanding people be silenced. Several other people have piped up (including white997) and said the OPs situation is not unique. The party being complained about is conspicuously absent despite him having countless posts on these boards. If the OP is full of it, then he's welcome to respond. Crickets. But instead we get a few people (including a mod) demanding the OP be silenced.

This whole thing doesn't pass the sniff test.
The following 3 users liked this post by PV997:
Chameleon63$ (05-19-2024), UH2 (05-19-2024), white997 (05-19-2024)
Old 05-19-2024, 06:31 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,116 Likes on 3,116 Posts

To be fair, I am not a mod on this board, but I do believe that more context is needed from the OP if the public assassination of the vendor is to continue.

It is fundamentally unfair for this to carry on in this capacity against the vendor, and given the nature of the commentary, it really is no surprise the vendor remains silent.
Old 05-19-2024, 06:46 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 745 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst
To be fair, I am not a mod on this board, but I do believe that more context is needed from the OP if the public assassination of the vendor is to continue.

It is fundamentally unfair for this to carry on in this capacity against the vendor, and given the nature of the commentary, it really is no surprise the vendor remains silent.
Exactly but that is the new world order. Bash anyone and anything on social media with zero facts and be held to zero accountability yet everyone is just supposed to believe you. At the end of the day if the OP felt so violated he needed to sue then do so. Once it is proven in a court of law then feel free to come in and spew the facts and the verdict. As far as I am concerned the vendor is innocent until
proven guilty.
Old 05-19-2024, 06:53 PM
UH2
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

I have no dog in this fight, but I've never seen a vendor on ANY forum be silent when someone is falsely accusing them.

Also it's not just OP..we have other forum members telling tales of similar experiences in this thread. Either OP's claim has merit or there is some grand conspiracy against the vendor for unknown reasons.
Old 05-19-2024, 07:46 PM
toofast
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

In today’s world, it’s unsettling to see a Porsche forum consider silencing a thread when no hate speech is involved. Open forums should support transparent discussions, especially when reputations are at stake. If I’m about to spend $75K on a build, I want the opportunity to thoroughly fact-check the builder's reputation. Unfortunately, a Facebook forum where the admin controls the narrative doesn’t facilitate this.

I grew up dreaming of owning a Porsche. After working hard, I was fortunate enough to buy two. One of them, a 2015 991.1 TT, became my biggest financial mistake. I commissioned Sam and John Bray to build it for $75,000. What was promised to be a 3-month project turned into a year of excuses and broken promises. Sam was supportive until he wasn’t, dodging calls and deflecting responsibility. I feel defrauded by both Sam and John.

If this post is considered hate speech and removed, it reveals a lack of commitment to unbiased free speech. Protecting a sponsor by deleting posts only perpetuates what’s broken in our society.

I’ve stayed silent about Sam and John due to ongoing legal matters, but it’s time to share my experience. I want the community to read this before spending $75K with them. For me, that’s a significant amount of money, and my hope is to prevent others from going through what I did. Despite spending an additional $25K due to Sam’s guidance, my engine blew a piston with less than 3K miles on it. A forensic breakdown showed that the build I paid for was not delivered. The engine remained a 3.8 instead of the 4.0 I paid for, and other parts were either missing or improperly installed.

Sam even sold me extra parts to achieve the promised performance, and I have proof of his lies through our FB chats and text messages. He drove the price, parts, and timeline, then blamed others when things went wrong.

I welcome anyone curious about my experience to DM me for a one-on-one conversation. I plan to contact the president of Rennlist this week to recommend removing Sam as a sponsor. Being a Porsche owner was my dream, and it’s disheartening to have been taken advantage of by someone within the community. My car now sits in storage with a broken engine, requiring an additional $40-50K to fix.
The following 5 users liked this post by toofast:
Acropora8 (05-19-2024), Chameleon63$ (05-20-2024), Omnigeek (05-21-2024), UH2 (05-19-2024), white997 (05-19-2024)
Old 05-19-2024, 08:04 PM
white997
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Exactly but that is the new world order. Bash anyone and anything on social media with zero facts and be held to zero accountability yet everyone is just supposed to believe you. At the end of the day if the OP felt so violated he needed to sue then do so. Once it is proven in a court of law then feel free to come in and spew the facts and the verdict. As far as I am concerned the vendor is innocent until
proven guilty.

you and like 1 more person here keep saying 0 facts ?! Between myself and 3 other people we have receipts that are over 150k $ spent with Sam/ all his partners with hundreds of texts showing broken promises, misses deadlines, bogus invoices, wrong installed parts, list goes on and on. I paid Sam for a full engine build and his shop did a new fuel system including new pumps and all his tuning as he requested, and my car didn’t even start when he delivered it. He then blamed his own shop for unknown hardware problem and his own shop blamed him for a bad tune. Then he just stopped supporting me, as I got sick of playing games and 2 years of waiting and he used that as an “out” saying I am rude and he can’t do much more for me (lol)

How much more proof do you need ?
The following users liked this post:
Omnigeek (05-21-2024)
Old 05-19-2024, 08:16 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 745 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by white997
you and like 1 more person here keep saying 0 facts ?! Between myself and 3 other people we have receipts that are over 150k $ spent with Sam/ all his partners with hundreds of texts showing broken promises, misses deadlines, bogus invoices, wrong installed parts, list goes on and on. I paid Sam for a full engine build and his shop did a new fuel system including new pumps and all his tuning as he requested, and my car didn’t even start when he delivered it. He then blamed his own shop for unknown hardware problem and his own shop blamed him for a bad tune. Then he just stopped supporting me, as I got sick of playing games and 2 years of waiting and he used that as an “out” saying I am rude and he can’t do much more for me (lol)

How much more proof do you need ?
The OP has provided ZERO facts and actually just sounds like an entitled whiny baby. Too fast is the first that actually provided facts about his issues. I have no dog in the fight as I never modded my cars but I know I have read 1,000’s of positive posts about Sam on here and now you have 2 people and only one with facts that Sam is a bad egg. My point all along has been with the OP. Fight your fight in a lawsuit and then when you want to share actually facts based on a settlement or jury then share them. Until then you are just spewing BS.
Old 05-19-2024, 08:31 PM
white997
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 14 Posts

That’s a pretty totalitarian take. Most of Sam’s posts are filler content, lots of parts talk, small $$ transaction tuner parts talk. Not hard to run up a post count.

this thread already has 3 posters with big $$ builds all sharing the same warning to the community. But we can agree to disagree. There are more people than what’s in here that had a similar experience with Sam. If they want to post in time that’s their choice.
toofast (05-19-2024)
Old 05-19-2024, 08:51 PM
toofast
Intermediate

Everyone should refrain from criticizing the original poster and consider this from the perspective of community welfare. It's entirely plausible that Sam is contacting individuals within his network to generate opposing comments.

Before you criticize or post another negative comment, consider: why would three unrelated individuals share the same grievances?
The following 3 users liked this post by toofast:
asellus (05-20-2024), Chameleon63$ (05-20-2024), James88 (05-19-2024)
Old 05-19-2024, 11:08 PM
romvendor
2nd Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

@SamboTT@ByDesign tried to “hey brother” me when he found out I was Jewish. He constantly tried to manipulate me into buying his parts just because he thought that because we were both circumcised and from the same tribe, I would think he was trustworthy and knew something about performance automotive in even a moderate capacity. He doesn’t. The truth is, his Rabbi would be very disappointed in him and he better go to temple next Yom Kippur and ask for God to put him in the book of life. He brings shame on him and his family. Let us all say a prayer for him tonight to help him heal and no longer use scamming as a way to fulfill his life. Ba-ruch a-tah A-do-nai, ro-feh ha-cho-lim. And let us all say, “Amen.” Sam, please stop scamming people and do legitimate business.
white997 (05-20-2024)
Old 05-19-2024, 11:08 PM
Chameleon63$
Track Day

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by UH2
I have no dog in this fight, but I've never seen a vendor on ANY forum be silent when someone is falsely accusing them.

Also it's not just OP..we have other forum members telling tales of similar experiences in this thread. Either OP's claim has merit or there is some grand conspiracy against the vendor for unknown reasons.

Yes agreed and to add to your second point a bunch of total strangers who manage to take 100k + Ls conspired against a random vendor because they love to waste energy arguing with Forensics experts who lack the ability to solve basic scientific equations and have zero to negative psychological tact like our buddy up north with the shiny loonies .

Thank you for being objective I just wanted to give some strength to the argument against us cause they really need help!
Old 05-19-2024, 11:11 PM
toofast
Intermediate

You joined the forum in May 2024, which is this month, and you're defending Sam. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck. This strongly suggests that Sam is recruiting others to defend his position.

Last edited by toofast; 05-19-2024 at 11:15 PM.
Old 05-19-2024, 11:18 PM
toofast
Intermediate

As I prepare to go to bed and start my work week with a focus on recovering lost funds, please understand if I don't respond immediately. Your concerns matter to me, and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Old 05-19-2024, 11:19 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chameleon63$
We know you're a mod you have said it a million times Napoleon.
I have asked Admin to open a forum for grievances.

To whit, grievances must be accompanied with valid documents, conversations and any other direct evidence that adds context to a given grievance.

This type of witch hunt, without context, documentation or any other supporting evidence is absolutely epic level bullsh1t, and goes against everything I believe in.

I will be the first person to admit I am wrong for defending any individual that has maliciously wronged anyone in this site, yet, I will not condemn anyone on hearsay, speculation, or unicorn farts, just because someone has their panties in a twist.

You want to hide behind what counsel advises, then don't get into it here, period. Doing so is nothing more than self ingratiating behavior, that not only does damage to the community, but yourselves as well.

It seems very convenient that non members, with few posts, can have such a negative impact on the overall views of the community, it makes me sick, because not only is this not justice for the parties involved, it leaves a terrible stain on the integrity of those trying to find a way out.

I am all for airing ones beefs, let's just do so with some class and accountability.
Old 05-19-2024, 11:21 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chameleon63$
Who's defending Sam besides his paid off moderator / business partner and some guy who admittedly is goin2dirt ?
Easy, don't make this personal....

I am most certainly not paid off.

Last edited by 2fcknfst; 05-19-2024 at 11:22 PM.

Quick Reply: BEWARE SCAM Sam By Design & World Motorsport