Sponsored by:

BEWARE SCAM Sam By Design & World Motorsport

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2024, 06:59 PM
Chameleon63$
Track Day

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Again I have to keep it vague.

You legal experts out there asking me for details but then saying I must not know the legal system are hilarious.

Heres some basics.

Car had hand twistable loose control arms and pinch bolts. Sam claims they don't do alignment or safety stuff?! Well not only is that troubling it claims write on a screen shot for World Motorsport on the web they do alignment. Sam claims he never got the email I sent him listing that as an issue I can prove he indeed did.

Sam was asked for a license number for the automotive BAR for World Motorsport that's when he stopped responding. Did you know as January 1st there is a govt Automotive BAR in California. They already love this case.

Anyone arguing this post should be removed must clearly have an invested interest in Sam and the scam not the safety and well being of our community.
The following users liked this post:
GT4_Rick (05-17-2024)
Old 05-15-2024, 07:03 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,116 Likes on 3,116 Posts

First off, a member of this forum called me to advise this was up, and, what I said still stands - prove me wrong, I'm all for it.

I have zero affiliation for the vendor, I do however find it immensely offensive that you posted this without any context, which I most certainly prepared to bet a shiny nickel there's more to this story than you are revealing.

I asked six questions.... Provide context, or stop your whining.
The following users liked this post:
grim sleeper (05-16-2024)
Old 05-15-2024, 07:18 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,107 Likes on 1,313 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverSFR
Forum moderators should remove this topic/thread completely.
Nah. So long as things stay civil, it's fine. We have plenty of vendor reviews in the technical forums -- this is no different.
The following 4 users liked this post by asellus:
Chameleon63$ (05-15-2024), kuma1416 (05-17-2024), scarty (05-18-2024), vrybad (05-16-2024)
Old 05-15-2024, 07:19 PM
white997
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 14 Posts

2fcknfst

Ill share 5% of my experience since you want details. Sam was prepaid via wire for the work (were into tens of thousands) (red flag i should have not ignored) Both times car came back to me off the trailer was not in any road safe or running /condition / not even close to being finished after sam gave it the A ok. 4 months quote turned into 2 years. Sam then blamed every shop / partner / etc for the mistakes when in fact he is the guy that was "supposed" to do the work but just farms it all out. I had to have all the work re-done properly by a 3rd shop (Todd) and fix his mess that he got paid for.
The following 2 users liked this post by white997:
Chameleon63$ (05-19-2024), GT4_Rick (05-17-2024)
Old 05-15-2024, 09:08 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by white997
2fcknfst

Ill share 5% of my experience since you want details. Sam was prepaid via wire for the work (were into tens of thousands) (red flag i should have not ignored) Both times car came back to me off the trailer was not in any road safe or running /condition / not even close to being finished after sam gave it the A ok. 4 months quote turned into 2 years. Sam then blamed every shop / partner / etc for the mistakes when in fact he is the guy that was "supposed" to do the work but just farms it all out. I had to have all the work re-done properly by a 3rd shop (Todd) and fix his mess that he got paid for.
What is the story on the car? Bought new? Used?

Mods? Accident history?

You obviously had a good working relationship for some time, what changed?

The vendor has produced some extremely fast, and reliable cars, so I'm trying to nail down what makes yours any different.

Something doesn't make sense here - I've built and modified a lot of fast cars, and trucks, spent gobs of money. I've also ran into some fairly serious failures, but if the failure was related to something a shop did incorrectly, the shop has always made good in it.

On the other hand, if I brought them something I modified on my own, and it failed, obviously, I accepted the responsibility of my own doing.
Old 05-15-2024, 10:52 PM
Chameleon63$
Track Day

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst
First off, a member of this forum called me to advise this was up, and, what I said still stands - prove me wrong, I'm all for it.

I have zero affiliation for the vendor, I do however find it immensely offensive that you posted this without any context, which I most certainly prepared to bet a shiny nickel there's more to this story than you are revealing.

I asked six questions.... Provide context, or stop your whining.
Apologies man you are right that was out of line of me.

Please understand though you have no dog in this fight or let's assume so.

You say im whining? Do you not think that's offensive? If this was about derelict mechanic work, selling parts off my car that were fine, giving me far under value, and replacing them with his parts while promising the world and not delivering I would probably chalk it up to a loss as I know car law suits are difficult, the finger pointing can go a multitude of directions, and ultimately often unyielding.

However this is about SAFETY first in my mind and the rest of the fraudulent behavior second. I have 6 month old daughter. I am the sole source of income in my family. So am I whining or are you out of line and being dismissive of something you know very little about? If you think this is whining examine your moral fabric closely.

We all know powerful cars are dangerous in general so the integrity of which they are put together and returned to customers should be PRIMARY concern.

The intention of this post is not to mudsling with people or argue with folks so again I apologize for my statement to you.

As I mentioned CLEARLY in the original post. The purpose of this post is to inform people saving them their hard earned money, headache, and POTENTIAL INJURY OR WORSE. The only reason I used this guy in the first place is I had searched head to toe on this forum for information since neither vendor has google reviews enabled (red flag) and found nothing to believe he was anything more than reputable. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

I have lost 1.5 years of my time, 50k + to Sam and World Motorsport, not to mention 40K +- in parts they took off my car and sold telling me they were no good, I am easily another 15K into sorting this mess out currently and looking at another 20-30K to make it right. I am willing to spend that amount and some again in legal fees to do my best to prevent someone in the future from being put in HARMS WAY. Thats a whole lot of shiny nickels.

You say you're all for peace and end one of your posts with STFU? Super peaceful man!

Side story since I am being too vague again can't reveal everything:

Coolant:
The car was throwing coolant lights amongst other issues I will not discuss, we pulled some coolant out, based on its viscosity I predicted it was most likely water. Went to Orielys grabbed 3 brands primitive specific gravity test where the ***** float or sink to determine wether or not the fluid is primarily coolant or an aqueous solution. All three test determine the coolant is an aqueous solution not coolant as all the indicator float ***** sink indicating primarily water again these are very primitive specific gravity test designed for automotive industry not lab quality. Called Sam and was pretty hot by this point he claimed himself / World Motorsport never touched the coolant system. I go back through my emails from him I have one admitting to working the coolant system from over a year ago. Not to mention its ridiculous to claim you could do the scope of work performed on the car without removing and or adding coolant. When confronted with this information he back pedals. Now of course I sent the samples to a third party lab so they can be evidence but I am not a stranger to chemistry.

The next day I took the coolant sample to my lab ran a specific gravity test on it turns out its predominately water. I then ran a refractive index test on it predominately water. The only coolant present was residual leftover from the system before the car came to him. HE KNEW THE CAR WAS DESTINE FOR COLORADO. It freezes here most nights and certainly was exposed to freezing temperatures in shipping as it came over the western slope.

The thing about lying is its hard to live a double or triple life and keep it straight. When you have numerous customers and projects spanning years even the greatest cons alive will not be able to keep all the lies straight. Myself and several others have caught him in numerous lies.

Thanks for your time I actually like to keep it peaceful.
The following 2 users liked this post by Chameleon63$:
Omnigeek (05-17-2024), Robb M. (05-16-2024)
Old 05-16-2024, 11:04 AM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

My comments in BOLD:

Originally Posted by Chameleon63$
Apologies man you are right that was out of line of me.

Please understand though you have no dog in this fight or let's assume so.

You say im whining? Do you not think that's offensive? If this was about derelict mechanic work, selling parts off my car that were fine, giving me far under value, and replacing them with his parts while promising the world and not delivering I would probably chalk it up to a loss as I know car law suits are difficult, the finger pointing can go a multitude of directions, and ultimately often unyielding.

Well, when you line someone up in front of the firing squad, and make it a very public beef, with little context in your first post with comments like this:

Myself and several people I am now working with on this lawsuit only sent our cars to Sam By Design who sub contracted World Motorsport after a process of due diligence obtained primarily from the praise he has received on this website.

Makes folks like me become curious. Especially since you have yet to respond to the six basic questions that would give us context, in a previous post. To me, standing on a soap box and laying someone out like that, for whatever reason you may justify it to yourself, is weak.

However this is about SAFETY first in my mind and the rest of the fraudulent behavior second. I have 6 month old daughter. I am the sole source of income in my family. So am I whining or are you out of line and being dismissive of something you know very little about? If you think this is whining examine your moral fabric closely.

You stated the car came back to you, came off the trailer, and was not running. This means you have accepted some liability in that you obviously got the car running somehow, or way. This also means you accepted this liability, and you have created your perceived safety concern, yourself, and not an issue for the vendor. If the car came off the trailer and was running, then you discovered some safety issues, yes, there may in fact be a case to be made against the vendor, but only if the vendor was directly tied to the issue. This does not seem to be the case, based on what you are reporting. And the moment you involve another vendor to get the car running, who's to say they didn't create, or at the very least, exacerbate the problem?

We all know powerful cars are dangerous in general so the integrity of which they are put together and returned to customers should be PRIMARY concern.

Agreed, in the sense that the car itself is a paperweight until someone gets behind the wheel; the car cannot be dangerous in its own, it needs an operator.

The intention of this post is not to mudsling with people or argue with folks so again I apologize for my statement to you.

Thank you, apology accepted.

As I mentioned CLEARLY in the original post. The purpose of this post is to inform people saving them their hard earned money, headache, and POTENTIAL INJURY OR WORSE. The only reason I used this guy in the first place is I had searched head to toe on this forum for information since neither vendor has google reviews enabled (red flag) and found nothing to believe he was anything more than reputable. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

This is your opinion, based on your experiences, and again, with no context or supporting responses to the six basic points I asked about earlier:

- 1) Was this car new? Did you buy it used?
- 2) Was it in anyway modified prior to the vendor getting it?
- 3) Did it already have problems?
- 4) Did the vendor actually deliver what was promised? Was the car running and in good order when you got it back?
- 5) You and the vendor clearly had a plan when the vendor got it, what was it, and, was it executed as expected?
- 6) Any other relevant information that would sway our opinions, one way or the other, that is purposefully being omitted?

Responding to these questions, even in a circumspect manner, will allow us, the forum, to have a better idea of what is going on, and provide a more focused, and reasonable technical response.

I have lost 1.5 years of my time, 50k + to Sam and World Motorsport, not to mention 40K +- in parts they took off my car and sold telling me they were no good, I am easily another 15K into sorting this mess out currently and looking at another 20-30K to make it right. I am willing to spend that amount and some again in legal fees to do my best to prevent someone in the future from being put in HARMS WAY. Thats a whole lot of shiny nickels.

This response suggests that the vendor received the car and someone else has worked on it prior to the vendor getting it. If indeed the vendor inherited a mess from another vendor, you are going to be extremely hard pressed to paint the vendor with any liability, especially if the vendor has documented what he received, communicated the issues to you, and made his best effort to get the car back to you in good running order. There are most certainly folks out there that have little concept of what modifying a car of this nature entails, so if a previous vendor made a bunch of promises, didn't deliver, messed the car up, and this resulted in the current vendor having to pull $40k worth of useless parts off the car, I think at best, you're having an emotional response that should more aptly be focused at the previous vendor.

You say you're all for peace and end one of your posts with STFU? Super peaceful man!

Again, this does not seem to be a particularly rational post, seems to be a lot of unfocused emotion.

Side story since I am being too vague again can't reveal everything:

Coolant:
The car was throwing coolant lights amongst other issues I will not discuss, we pulled some coolant out, based on its viscosity I predicted it was most likely water. Went to Orielys grabbed 3 brands primitive specific gravity test where the ***** float or sink to determine wether or not the fluid is primarily coolant or an aqueous solution. All three test determine the coolant is an aqueous solution not coolant as all the indicator float ***** sink indicating primarily water again these are very primitive specific gravity test designed for automotive industry not lab quality. Called Sam and was pretty hot by this point he claimed himself / World Motorsport never touched the coolant system. I go back through my emails from him I have one admitting to working the coolant system from over a year ago. Not to mention its ridiculous to claim you could do the scope of work performed on the car without removing and or adding coolant. When confronted with this information he back pedals. Now of course I sent the samples to a third party lab so they can be evidence but I am not a stranger to chemistry.

This sounds like you've either lifted the head, or had a head gasket failure. Not entirely sure what kind of power you're running, but you had to set a goal with the vendor. The vendor will likely not take any liability in a reliability sense, and as it now seems another vendor has messed with the car previously, so this really isn't a surprise.

Reminds me of the old saying, 'You want to play, you pay'... Catastrophic failures become more and more likely the further you get away from the OEM design parameters. This is exactly the reason why my 2018 991.2 TTs, which I have had since new, remains largely stock, and why I've modded my 996tt - if one is going to break, I'd prefer it to be the older one, an easier pill to swallow, as it were.

The next day I took the coolant sample to my lab ran a specific gravity test on it turns out its predominately water. I then ran a refractive index test on it predominately water. The only coolant present was residual leftover from the system before the car came to him. HE KNEW THE CAR WAS DESTINE FOR COLORADO. It freezes here most nights and certainly was exposed to freezing temperatures in shipping as it came over the western slope.

What can be said here? You said it was burping coolant, running, after you said it came of the trailer and wasn't. Hard to nail down what is actually going on.

The thing about lying is its hard to live a double or triple life and keep it straight. When you have numerous customers and projects spanning years even the greatest cons alive will not be able to keep all the lies straight. Myself and several others have caught him in numerous lies.

Thanks for your time I actually like to keep it peaceful.
This is my guess on what has happened here:

You bought a car, used, that had a bunch of work done to it. For whatever reason, it wasn't running correctly and required a lot of re work. You brought the vendor in, they identified the problems, and went to work to sort it out for you, the client. There was a plan, which you would have had to agree to, then the vendor went to work unfvcking whatever mess that has landed on his doorstep. And by mess, I mean, if someone dropped $40k worth of 'old' parts into your chassis, and it was not working as intended, this is a significant mess.

Things probably happened; time delays on parts, one part change revealed another problem, and it went on and on. This is the nature of modifying cars, especially if the vendor took on the project with no supporting documentation from the previous vendors work - these are by far, the worst problems to ever figure out.

I am not counsel, and I am only making assumptions based on the limited information you are providing. But, even if I am 10% accurate, that is reasonable doubt.

Sometimes, things most certainly do not go the way we want them to. In your case, I can tell your upset, but going full nuclear response on a vendor that only has to demonstrate that he went into your project with good intentions, and no malicious intent, well, the only people that will ever win here are the lawyers getting their fees, and the car will still remain a mess.

It is my suggestion that you reach out to the vendor and seek out a reasonable solution to your problems; if the motor is shot, or heads lifted, then you have some serious decisions to make. If you want to offer some more data points, I'd be happy to comment on them, but this is shaping up to be a series of unfortunate events more so than specific intent to deceive.

Cheers,

Old 05-16-2024, 11:31 AM
white997
Instructor

Remember guys, the most accurate account of what went down is always from a random guy online who was not involved in any way shape or form.

dude.... sam / world motor cant even get basic things correct like wiring fuel pumps correctly. They wired the new fuel pumps they sold me / installed backwards (car didnt need fuel pumps) and delivered a car that that wouldn't even cold START.

Last edited by white997; 05-16-2024 at 11:32 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by white997:
Bud Taylor (05-18-2024), Chameleon63$ (05-19-2024), keebin (05-17-2024), Omnigeek (05-17-2024)
Old 05-16-2024, 11:40 AM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I didn't say this is what happened, I said my guess is, based on the available information provided by the OP...

And, I don't really feel like I'm all that random, in fact, I'm pretty heavily involved on this site.

Cheers,
Old 05-16-2024, 11:44 AM
Nashvegas
Pro

Received 153 Likes on 99 Posts

Why don't we move this garbage thread to the 991 Turbo forum where it belongs?
The following 2 users liked this post by Nashvegas:
MingusDew (05-16-2024), SilverSFR (05-16-2024)
Old 05-16-2024, 12:19 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I don't think it's fair to categorize this thread as garbage... It's being handled in a civil manner, and more facts are presenting themselves.
The following 4 users liked this post by 2fcknfst:
Dirty Jacket (05-16-2024), George from MD (05-16-2024), m5biemer (05-18-2024), Nashvegas (05-16-2024)
Old 05-16-2024, 12:33 PM
MingusDew
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,216 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst
I don't think it's fair to categorize this thread as garbage... It's being handled in a civil manner, and more facts are presenting themselves.
Facts? Just words. No evidence. No images, receipts, analysis from independent shop. Just words. He-said-she-said by random new users. Even when people come on here to drum up support and business for a vendor they at least post some pictures of the parts, a video, something to give it value. Here we have story telling hour with Mr. Anonymous.
Old 05-16-2024, 12:38 PM
Dirty Jacket
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 34 Posts

Fight the good fight. I’d never take my car, my 991 GTS or a Mazda, to anyone without a documented verifiable reputation. I’ll pay more for a good reputation. Posts like this are helpful.
The following 5 users liked this post by Dirty Jacket:
ace10 (05-16-2024), Bud Taylor (05-18-2024), Chameleon63$ (05-16-2024), Numa (05-17-2024), Omnigeek (05-17-2024)
Old 05-16-2024, 12:53 PM
white997
Instructor

MingusDew. i have receipts, you can find my original post 2 years ago. so does the OP. nobody is just making stuff up here. I know the OP, and spoken with him personally. He already stated his intention is to warn others, if you dont believe him that's totally ok man.
Old 05-16-2024, 04:02 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MingusDew
Facts? Just words. No evidence. No images, receipts, analysis from independent shop. Just words. He-said-she-said by random new users. Even when people come on here to drum up support and business for a vendor they at least post some pictures of the parts, a video, something to give it value. Here we have story telling hour with Mr. Anonymous.
Agreed. However, some statements can be taken as facts, such as the car wasn't running as it came off the trailer, and, $40k in parts were installed by a previous, unidentified vendor, which suggests an inherited problem.

That being said, I also agree that a more rounded presentation of the issue with more data from the OP wouldn't definitely shed more light on the matter.

Quick Reply: BEWARE SCAM Sam By Design & World Motorsport