Sponsored by:

Sports chrono

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2024, 12:21 PM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Sk7499
Oem will prob set u back more than knockoff. I see if I cam video or take Pic of mine in dark mine is not oem. I don't think it's that bright but maybe it is for some
Some pics and your general impression would be great on the knockoff unit. I know that it comes with the huge harness to get power and comm from PCM but I already have Mr12volt so I'd probably splice into the PCM because as I'm sure you saw if you installed your's there isn't much space in the PCM opening for more plugs/connectors.
Old 03-20-2024, 02:57 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,194 Likes on 717 Posts

Hate to complicate this more anyone ever changed this sports Chrono to a digital one and somehow project ob2 data on it. Looking to see if I can make it more useful
If you want data, you might think of the P3 V3.

It's an easy install, and I actually did the diy writeup for them.

P3 V3 OBD2 - Porsche 991 Gauge (2011-2019) - P3 Cars

Old 03-20-2024, 03:01 PM
mwjackson92
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by McKlyde
As far as my research goes with PIWIS, I've gone and looked through the piwis folders, found the MCR (Coding rules), and found the firmware as well. I managed to acquire the bin files which contained 4 files. The flash driver, app 1, app 2, and data blocks. With that said, I can't make sense of the bin files. They don't look uncompressed, or encrypted like the ECUs, and they also have a part number in the bin files (which leads me to believe they're as raw as they get). I haven't ripped apart the AC unit yet to figure out what it's running on but if anyone has any info/advice that would be awesome.

I'm also a bit hesistant to use autosvs method as there is this method here that exist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLZWVtIOX8M
There's also another video, and both videos show both codes. With this method I don't see any retrofits with the yellow module. I've contacted clsautostyling and I'll update if there's anything there. In jest, there's only 16^8 combinations. Computers now can crack that!
I reached out to CLS style awhile ago when I saw that retrofit on Youtube and never heard back. Also Autosvs didn’t reply back to my group buy inquiry unfortunately.
Old 03-24-2024, 05:48 PM
Sk7499
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Huge harness fits fine plug and play I had enough room to put it in. To me it's not to bright looks OK... Fits like oem color matches up well for me

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KzC...w?usp=drivesdk

Last edited by Sk7499; 03-24-2024 at 05:53 PM.
Old 03-24-2024, 11:09 PM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

Huge harness fits fine plug and play I had enough room to put it in. To me it's not to bright looks OK... Fits like oem color matches up well for me

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KzC...w?usp=drivesdk

Looks great. I appreciate you posting it.
Old 03-31-2024, 09:04 PM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

Got my knockoff unit today from Amazon and did quick install. I already had a Mr12volt unit installed with the same plug/hareness bypass and didn't want to add any more bulk to the area behind the PCM since it's very tight in there. I Snipped off ther plug that goes into clock and spliced it into the PCM hareness and it worked perfectly. I love the way it looks and really adds to the interior look of the car. I have a thinkdiag and i activated sports chrono in "front end electronics" and "instrument cluster" but still don't see an option to activate stopwatch in MF display. I also see that there is a "clock" option in thinkdiag but when I select it, it can't find the module. So I'm not sure there is a way to activate it unless you add the other Sport+ parts.

Old 03-31-2024, 09:50 PM
Jim981CS
Pro

Received 280 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by joserpaq
Got my knockoff unit today from Amazon and did quick install. I already had a Mr12volt unit installed with the same plug/hareness bypass and didn't want to add any more bulk to the area behind the PCM since it's very tight in there. I Snipped off ther plug that goes into clock and spliced it into the PCM hareness and it worked perfectly. I love the way it looks and really adds to the interior look of the car. I have a thinkdiag and i activated sports chrono in "front end electronics" and "instrument cluster" but still don't see an option to activate stopwatch in MF display. I also see that there is a "clock" option in thinkdiag but when I select it, it can't find the module. So I'm not sure there is a way to activate it unless you add the other Sport+ parts.

As I stated in post #11 above I Installed the SC clock in my 981 and the clock immediately worked with no coding but to clarify I purchased a hacked 16 digit code and entered it with PIWIS2 in both the PCM module which activated the timing function (lap timing) in the MF display and the PCM and the same code that unsuccessfully entered in the air con module to activate the Sports Plus function. The G-force was also displayed in the MF display with PIWIS and did not need a hacked activation code. I am not familiar with the thinkdiag but if it’s like PIWIS I would look for the PCM module to activate the timing function but you may need a hacked code tied to your vin???
Jim
Old 04-01-2024, 09:04 AM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by McKlyde
As far as my research goes with PIWIS, I've gone and looked through the piwis folders, found the MCR (Coding rules), and found the firmware as well. I managed to acquire the bin files which contained 4 files. The flash driver, app 1, app 2, and data blocks. With that said, I can't make sense of the bin files. They don't look uncompressed, or encrypted like the ECUs, and they also have a part number in the bin files (which leads me to believe they're as raw as they get). I haven't ripped apart the AC unit yet to figure out what it's running on but if anyone has any info/advice that would be awesome.

I'm also a bit hesistant to use autosvs method as there is this method here that exist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLZWVtIOX8M
There's also another video, and both videos show both codes. With this method I don't see any retrofits with the yellow module. I've contacted clsautostyling and I'll update if there's anything there. In jest, there's only 16^8 combinations. Computers now can crack that!
This is the company and posted the video activating S+ on youtube. Has anyone tried to contact them so see if they'd sell the solution with some instructions?

Old 05-05-2024, 10:23 PM
Sk7499
Intermediate

I'm assuming noone had any luck?
Old 05-12-2024, 08:47 PM
Sk7499
Intermediate

Damm wish I can get this to work I've been hearing there is a Way to reprogram the sports button to sports plus.
Old 06-14-2024, 02:00 AM
Sk7499
Intermediate

Going to bring this back to life. So if I buy an after market s button for the steering wheell will I be able to add it or do I need the steering wheel to be new.

Second item I see some luck of enabling this with x431 bidirectional scanner I'm willing to try it. Need response to steering switch
Old 06-14-2024, 02:01 AM
Sk7499
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jim981CS
As I stated in post #11 above I Installed the SC clock in my 981 and the clock immediately worked with no coding but to clarify I purchased a hacked 16 digit code and entered it with PIWIS2 in both the PCM module which activated the timing function (lap timing) in the MF display and the PCM and the same code that unsuccessfully entered in the air con module to activate the Sports Plus function. The G-force was also displayed in the MF display with PIWIS and did not need a hacked activation code. I am not familiar with the thinkdiag but if it’s like PIWIS I would look for the PCM module to activate the timing function but you may need a hacked code tied to your vin???
Jim
Where did u get the code maybe I can try this on a 991.2
Old 06-14-2024, 07:23 AM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

Where did u get the code maybe I can try this on a 991.2
If you read through the threads below you will see how you can program the buton. But basically the SC activation needs to be done using a code that unique to your VIN number and can be sourced online from third party. That code needs to be used in both the PCM and Air Conditioning modules. Then you need to activate sports+ anywhere you see it in DME, Instrument cluster & PCM. Then code the sports+ option to 2nd button on the right side of the console by searching for BKE in the air conditioning module and selecting that button.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1384...iag-magic.html
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1413...ispreloading=1
https://rennlist.com/forums/981-foru...ware-side.html

The following users liked this post:
wkearney99 (06-21-2024)
Old 06-14-2024, 09:03 AM
Jim981CS
Pro

Received 280 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by joserpaq
If you read through the threads below you will see how you can program the buton. But basically the SC activation needs to be done using a code that unique to your VIN number and can be sourced online from third party. That code needs to be used in both the PCM and Air Conditioning modules. Then you need to activate sports+ anywhere you see it in DME, Instrument cluster & PCM. Then code the sports+ option to 2nd button on the right side of the console by searching for BKE in the air conditioning module and selecting that button.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1384...iag-magic.html
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1413...ispreloading=1
https://rennlist.com/forums/981-foru...ware-side.html
I think you mean 2nd button on left side (under sport button.)
Old 06-14-2024, 10:09 AM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jim981CS
I think you mean 2nd button on left side (under sport button.)
sorry. Yes. Had it mixed up with PSE which can also be coded.

Quick Reply: Sports chrono